PDA

View Full Version : Forged Engine Internals?

After_Shock
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:59
Back when a C70 graced my driveway this was one mod that I did contemplate doing however never got past it really being a thought.

With the rods and pistons being the main limiting factors on the T5 engines does anyone actually know of companies that make uprated internals for the T5's or who would make a custom set upon request?

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:30
VMS in the states do a uprated short engine think it is $5000 US though.

After_Shock
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:32
Yeah ive seen them, but they want the old parts back as a trade in type thing, not really practical living so far away and also not cheap!

Anyone know any people closer to home who would carry out the work?

Their must be a few companies that make pistons and stuff that can do custom work.

spesh
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:37
Volvo Motor Sports in the USA sell Forged rods and pistons, in fact you can buy a whole block from them, fully played with!!! Ported and polished head re-ground crank, all the trimmings!!!!!
There is another company within th E.U which you can get parts from but not to sure bout them.
www.volvomotorsports.com

dave
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:31
Back when a C70 graced my driveway this was one mod that I did contemplate doing however never got past it really being a thought.

With the rods and pistons being the main limiting factors on the T5 engines does anyone actually know of companies that make uprated internals for the T5's or who would make a custom set upon request?

Just buy a S60 R!, lol :nutkick:

dave

After_Shock
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:57
Maybes I will be but maybes I want to fettle with it also!