PDA

View Full Version : ABS warning intermitent

james
Saturday 14th March 2009, 15:35
hello all its mot time next week for my t5 estate and since ive had it '8 months' the ABS warning light has been intermitent.sometimes it dosnt come on for weeks and it looks like pot luck for mot weather its on/off.

i have checked the cars diognostic box under bonnet and have codes 141 142 brake pedal position sensor , ive checked the connection but was wondering if the wire to it was knackered as its bent back on itself.

anybody have any advice many thanks james

gareth
Monday 16th March 2009, 11:14
Hi,
It's probably "dry" solder joints on the ABS board. Both my 855's suffered from it.
If you're handy with a soldering iron it's easy enough or failing that Wobbly Dave will be able to sort it for you.
Search on these forums for Wobbly Dave ABS repair.

james
Wednesday 9th December 2009, 22:21
change the brake pedal sensor it worked for my intermittent ABS light

850 2.5 10v
Friday 11th December 2009, 16:31
First up change the ignition barrel - if you wiggle it sometimes the ABS light goes out.

Mine did this until I replaced it.

Much later the ABS light then came on permanently.

Did mine on exchange with Russ at RT and been fine ever since - touches wood!

Bit fiddly to remove and refit the ABS module - make sure and use the right hex (I think it was a hex)

Member 'Wobbly Dave' is also your man for this IIRC.

There is 'how to' somewhere around the forum too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

T5ER
Friday 11th December 2009, 17:08
it is hex/torx i cant remember exactly 6 of them job done, make sure you get the right one though so double check the part no`s

Mental Wealth Doctor
Monday 14th December 2009, 18:06
it is hex/torx i cant remember exactly 6 of them job done, make sure you get the right one though so double check the part no`s

pretty sure its 4 and there 5mm and quite awkward to get at

Jod T5
Monday 14th December 2009, 18:09
pretty sure its 4 and there 5mm and quite awkward to get at

it is 4 and a E5 female socket is needed...
Anything else may round off the heads....

Jod

cameron
Monday 14th December 2009, 20:03
What Jod said and its a 5 minute job to change the ecu's over if you have another one :D

Soldering would take longer obviously, i'll let you know when ive done mine.

This Link (http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm) is for a V70 but exactly the same once you get past the fuse box ;)

pigfight
Monday 14th December 2009, 22:38
hi folks,
ive just had my abs module resoldered because my abs/tracs lights were constantly on, once fitted, the lights went out for a few hours, back on for a few more, off again, and now seem to be permanantly back on!
has any one any ideas? all the sensor seem fine, could it simply be a fuse or relay somewhere? not checked the brake pedal sensor though, where is it actually located? (that question sounds soo dumb!!)
cheers,
david.

T5ER
Monday 14th December 2009, 22:40
had this problem on my mums T5 all sensors replaced, ecu, abs pump, turned out to be a break in the wire in the loom that went to the abs ecu

pigfight
Monday 14th December 2009, 22:47
cheers t5er,
did she have to get a new loom? or is it fixable?

T5ER
Monday 14th December 2009, 22:48
it was fixed mate was a break in the wire, could leave it running for 2 hours no light, drive a mile if that down the road would come on,then off then on lol took 8 weeks to find the problem and get it fixed plus £600

pigfight
Monday 14th December 2009, 23:19
was it just a case of finding the wire, resoldering and taping up? or a job for a sparky?