PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt lights.

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:27
I was in Dave's Red R the other day and noticed his seat belt warning lights were flashing away merrily, Something mine has never done, So tonight i decided to investigate and took the roof light assembly apart so i could check the bulbs, I managed to check thm out and the bulbs aren't blown, So i followed the lead from the drivers seat belt stansion to under the seat it was a two wire lead and it was connected, Obviously the bulbs aren't getting any power,But just wondered if anyone knew what it could be could it be the seat belt stansion that fixes to the floor?

Gary.

Anyway put it all back together and now when my alarm activates the lights do not flash :slap:

Justin
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:33
The cops disconnect them as they are an annoyance, my S70 was the same.

Never got mine to work either and i followed the same path you just did, i gave up trying after 6 months :bog:

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:39
Thanks J that's a shame, I might have a look under the roof lining in the next few days as i am off to Hampshire in the morning for a couple of days,Just to see if they just cut them.

Gary

Anyone fancy a meet someone one evening? :B_steerin :beer:

Andy
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:50
yeah gary they disconnect them, i'll speak to the mechs at our place and see what they do to them.

on the S60's it cant be helped as its in dash i believe (electronic)

Goof
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:58
Best leave them not working! - it only advertises that fact that your not wearing seatbelt to the boys in blue behind you! :bog:

splatt
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:59
Best leave them not working! - it only advertises that fact that your not wearing seatbelt to the boys in blue behind you! :bog:because they cant see if you are or not without them????

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:28
Thanks Andy that woould be cool,

I always wear my seat belt so no problems there,

Gary

Andy
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:31
Thanks Andy that woould be cool,

I always wear my seat belt so no problems there,

Gary

no problem, im sure its very simply done.... knowing police mechanics it'll either be a fuse pulled or a wire snipped i.e. 1 seconds worth of work.... the lazy gets!!! :lol:

craig
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:23
my ignition switch is slightly worn and sometimes if i have it turned on too far it affects the electrics and the seat belt lights dont work so i just turn the switch back a bit an on they come

vt5
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 19:59
Hang on boys......steady on ripping the roof apart.

I got mine working (ex plod) by mistake when i was messing around in the relay box in the drivers footwell trying to teach myself to wire up OE volvo fogs, which im proud to say i did even though it took 4 weeks.

They now rock.......... :band:

I plugged a relay into the wrong slot and the seatbelt lights came on, so first id go poking around in there.

Be an easy thing to ask one of the cops on here to ask their mechanics at work if they dont know, they disconnect them, or pop into a local police station and ask if you can ask them.

Andy
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 20:13
it'll more than likely be a relay missing ... i will find out asap

craig
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 21:01
no one told me there were cop members on this site !!!!!!
hi all you great boys in blue if you read any illegal threads on about silly speeds then i was only joking so dont bother sending the boys round for a chat eh , lol

vt5
Thursday 19th May 2005, 06:57
You'd be amazed at who is on here........there was a thread on who people are and what do they do.

mraldonnelly
Monday 23rd May 2005, 10:30
On the x70 there is a relay for the seatbelt lights. Relay 212.

It could be the realy that's either defective or missing.

Regards

Andy

siamblue
Monday 23rd May 2005, 17:24
Cheers Mr is that under the dash?Or inside the engine bay?

Gary.

vt5
Monday 23rd May 2005, 19:48
I would hazard at under the dash, cos thats where i was messing around when mine came back on.

siamblue
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 09:02
I managed to get under the dash this morning, Looked for the relay but couldn't see it only lots of wiring, So got right under and there was a 213 large relay but no 212 relay, So now i will have to source a relay will probably get it from Braydons later this week when i have my fob reprogrammed.

Many thanks People,

Gary.

PS Andy wonder if your mechs have a binfull of 212 relays lying around? LOL.

siamblue
Wednesday 25th May 2005, 23:01
Forgot to say Volvo want £42 for the relay,Even the parts guy was shocked,
I managed to get one from a breakers for £6.50 inc p&p.

siamblue
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 17:11
Relay arrived today went out and fitted it,Now i have red flashy warning lights,
Many thanks for all those that helped,
Missus thinks i am mad and totally obsessed again haha.
Now what's next brake fluid/ ST/ST lines and antifreeze change,
See i am allowed to replace all perishables :)

dicky b t5
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 17:27
SIAMBLUE....
Welcome to the Red Flashy Light Club..... You don't know wot you've been missing..... Nothing better than a incar Disco..!