PDA

View Full Version : Boost problem V70 T5 P2

exfuzzyt5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 13:42
Since having my V70 T5 mapped I'm experiencing problems with loss of boost pressure – grafted in a temporary gauge yesterday – tee’d off the manifold as close as I could get it – ran a pipe out the engine bay and through the window – bit crude but it worked - BTW the remap raised boost pressure by 0.28 - 0.3 bar

Two symptoms

1. Under gradual throttle increase the car will pull 1 bar boost and hold pressure (not sure how well the gauge is calibrated) – goes like stink – no pressure drop

2. Nail the throttle flat to the floor in 1st 2nd and 3rd (especially in 3rd going up hill) and the car only pulls 0.5 bar boost max(in all gears)and dumps pressure around 4700 rpm

I've changed the recirculating valve as I had a spare and the vacum hoses - but not the clips(will get some new ones from Halfrauds at the weekend)

I suppose if standard boost pressure is 0.6 bar then it was pulling 0.5 max and would assume that this is what it was pulling before the remap without dump it - so probably would never notice it

Could it be the recirculating dump valve unable to hold 1 bar boost? - do I need to go to an external RCV to hold the pressure

Cheers in advance

Mark