PDA

View Full Version : S60 T5 Brakes hissing in car HELP !!!!!

rossibran
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 23:24
Hello to all you T5 owners out there. I have been away for abit and now I have returned to the fast volvo fold, with an S60 T5. SHES ACE !!!!!!! But I do have a small problem that needs your help. I'm getting an hissing sound from inside the car, when I brake it goes its as if the servo is leaking, ANY IDEAS ???????? Brandon

tigmac
Thursday 12th March 2009, 00:09
errr...servo leaking??

thebadger
Thursday 12th March 2009, 00:09
The master cylinder is quite pronounced in the cabin.

I can hear my brake make a slight gush/hissing noise if I stamp on it!

Easier to hear when it's going slow or at a near stand still? If so, normal!

HTH

rossibran
Thursday 12th March 2009, 18:49
If it is the servo leaking, can it be repaired or you looking at a new one, thanks for your help cheers. Bran

Al115
Thursday 12th March 2009, 21:14
I don't know but just to scare you, Volvo retail price for a brake servo for a T4 is nigh on seven hundred quid with the dreaded!!! :)

Hope it can be fixed. Or put a used one on...

rossibran
Friday 13th March 2009, 13:53
cheers mate, will do some digging thanks again. Hope it can be fixed

s60fan
Saturday 14th March 2009, 20:11
My S60 does that too. When I release the pedal after braking there is a hissing sound. Had some work done on the brakes for recent MOT and it wasn't picked up by the garage as a problem but I think I'll get it checked out.

rossibran
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 20:22
Ive sorced the hissing it is behing a grey rubber seal inside the footwell, no probs with brakes can this be sorted without a new servo !!!! HELP !!!!

rossibran
Tuesday 24th March 2009, 18:56
Just a quick one mate how did you get on with the brakes? Brandon

karls
Friday 27th March 2009, 20:10
Sounds like the servo and if it is then you have to replace it as it can not be repaired. I had to do this on a V70 and you have to drop the engine to get it out.

The cause in my case was a leaking master cylinder so that had to be replaced as well. Servo is about £350, master cylinder £120 and 3-4 hours work.

I had mine done at RT so a lot cheaper than main dealer but still all in quite expensive as you can see.

Regards

Karl

rossibran
Sunday 29th March 2009, 20:45
Yeah thanks. Finally sorted, great bloke in preston fixed it for me. Gave me a used unit, but gave me a warranty for three months and holds loads of s60 spares, well worth the drive from the midlands. If you need any parts or the servo changed he only charged me £160 all in, and did my airbag service and fixed the dodgy brake switch for nothing to. His number is 01772 709221 think his name was neil or rich, Preston volvo breakers. Thanks for everyone who helped with this. However, since changing this, which is a load better, I'm getting a very eratic tick over which just happens now and again, and was happening before too. Any ideas? Brandon