PDA

View Full Version : Boost Leak

Cali-T5
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 19:58
Car is a 1995 850 T5 pre OBD.

So one of the vacuum lines from the inlet manifold to the recirc valve had perished and split where i had plumbed in the dump value (yes i know). so i set about replacing the whole line with silicone vacuum hosing.

We will the problem brought the ECU light on. replaced the line and the car was working fine even though the light hasn't reset itself yet.

Yesterday was out in the car and suddenly it wont boost, goes about 2-3mm into the white on the volvo gauge. and if you leave the car idling it stalls. when i opened the bonnet and started it up was ok but as it stalls it sounds like it's sucking in air through the dump value. it's never done this before.

Car is fitted with a RICA304 so i'm wondering if it has suddenly gone into limp home mode and this is causing the problem??

Any friendly advice or if you just wanna call me names for the chav-valve feel free :haha:

850twr
Thursday 12th March 2009, 01:31
wot dump valve do you have? sounds like it could be leaking/failing, put a baloon or a johny lol over it to test. also not advisable to run the recirc aswell as a dv.

Cali-T5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 09:52
It's a bailey DV26 twin piston. never had a problem with it until the vac line broke.

flyingbrick
Thursday 12th March 2009, 10:08
chav-valve ......:blowingup

Unlucky buddy.........

Alan M
Thursday 12th March 2009, 10:26
Remove the dump valve and run it using the CBV. You can then eliminate the dumpvalve as the problem.

jer,c70
Thursday 12th March 2009, 11:00
some times these dumpys stick open alittle....
try using some clean oil to clean it...... poor a very small amount in to the opening where the pressure is relised and push the pistons up and down with your finger, if this was the prob this always fixes it.
but you should get a blanking plate for the standerd bleed valve, as having both hooked up can cause all sorts of funny things to happen to your ecu... you can get one from forge for £15 and it is a doddle to fitt!

Cali-T5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 22:35
Well cleaned the chav-valve nothing doing.

So need to get a new hose from the top of the intercooler to the plastic pipe leading to the throttle body.

I know it's a 90 degree bend and a reducer, but does anyone know the sizes f the ends as i've been offered a samco hose but need ot make sure the sizes are right first

cameron
Thursday 12th March 2009, 22:57
50mm i think :sorry:

Thats the size of Silicone T Piece i put on my old T5

Cali-T5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 23:30
Yer i think the pipe is 51mm, but it's the other end on the intercooler i need, the pipe i can get is 64mm to 51mm

Cali-T5
Saturday 14th March 2009, 13:50
Well you will be glad to know i fixed it.

The pipe from the inlet to the ICV had come off, and i didn't see it until i took the throttle cover off. All fixed, boosting right. so i'm chuffed

cameron
Saturday 14th March 2009, 15:31
Nice one :B_thumb: