PDA

View Full Version : Volvo key fob keyless entry.

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:10
One of well the only key fob with my car is starting to act up,So i have seen a secondhand one on Ebay currently at £20 odd,
So i phoned up Volvo to ask how much it would be to reprogramme the s/hand key fob,
The guy told me because of security issues a second hand one will not be reprogrammed,It has to be a brand new fob that can only be programmed,
Anyone else heard this?Or know whether someone has had a secondhand fob reprogrammed?
Probably Barkingside Volvo talking crap again.But security wise it does make some sense but not to my pocket.

Gary

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:15
The can be reprogrammed but you need to be in the car with key in ignition to do it. Something like 5 turns of the ignition key puts it into reprogramming mode. Search on here or google will tell ya.

There are however two types of key fob - get the right one otherwise it won't work.

Andrew.

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:32
Volvo want £35 for programming and Braydons £25,
Is that for the 850 Andy or the S/V/C series?

Gary

nikgallagher
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:33
If you drive there in your car Gary, with the ignition keys and the other alarm fob, they surely can't doubt your claims to be the owner! I s'pose stranger things have happened in Essex!!

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:37
Nik it's just Brkingside wanting near on a £100 for a fob and programming.I will take it to Braydons,They are really good there,

Gary

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 16:44
Yes 850 but I'm told the technique works on most volvos.

siamblue
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 17:07
Just found out on this website http://experts.about.com/q/802/ That i need to go to a dealer or independent,For S/V/C70s,

That expert sight is really good for any problems with the Volvos.

Gary