PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 850

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 9th March 2009, 19:52
Even though I have owned my Turbo since the middle of last year, today was the first time I took some decent pics of it, so I thought I would share!

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 9th March 2009, 19:54
And some interior shots!

Cali-T5
Monday 9th March 2009, 19:56
Looking good

t5lover
Monday 9th March 2009, 20:11
tht looks really nice good on u mate:]

T5 ROB
Monday 9th March 2009, 20:47
Looks nice mate, really like the colour.

850twr
Monday 9th March 2009, 20:48
you have made me want full black leather, very nice.

AndysR
Monday 9th March 2009, 20:57
Very nice :)

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 9th March 2009, 21:03
Thanks Guys!

Very nice :)

See Andy, you get more comments on this site! ;)

PaulZX
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 17:02
I'm on an anti-grey-bumper crusade this month.... :doh:

kiwi shoe polish them bumpers, and she'll look even better than she already does... :D

volvokid
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 18:20
Yeah very nice, that not a standard shifter though or is it???
Did you just wash the car at a garage tut tut.... :buttkick:

Saaamon
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 21:03
Tidy.

woz
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 21:12
Looks neat. I was told when I got mine that the grey leather interior is quite rare - is that a view shared by others?
Well done mate. Any plans to change anything??
W:>)

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 13th March 2009, 02:09
I'm on an anti-grey-bumper crusade this month.... :doh:

kiwi shoe polish them bumpers, and she'll look even better than she already does... :D

Thanks! I think I'll be leaving the bumpers and handles (if I can't find any s70 ones in maroon) as they are. I've got publicity pictures of the 850 Turbo in my colour when it was new and the bumpers are more grey than black, granted they have faded slightly, so I might darken them a bit....but will stay away from black.

Yeah very nice, that not a standard shifter though or is it???
Did you just wash the car at a garage tut tut.... :buttkick:

Thanks! The gear knob and gaiter are both Momo items, which I found out recently were sponsors of the original BTCC cars, so I didn't mind fitting them in it. Isn't there a 850R or T5-R that had a gear knob similar to this one though?

And yes, I had just taken it through a car wash.....but the car's paintwork is no where near perfect (the pics make it look better than it is), plus on 5th Gear recently they did a test and going through a car wash was the safest way of going about it (except for the 2 bucket hand wash, I know).

Looks neat. I was told when I got mine that the grey leather interior is quite rare - is that a view shared by others?
Well done mate. Any plans to change anything??
W:>)

Thanks! The leather interior in the car is a very, very, very dark grey, almost black, but came as standard on the early 1994 850 Turbo (the top of the range 850 at that time).

I don't plan on doing anything too drastic, this is going to be my every day car, and I do want it to last a fair few years yet (as it has only just done 108K). But there might be some slight cosmetic mods in the pipeline! ;)

My T5
Friday 13th March 2009, 09:10
Looks very tidy mate.What is the colour called? I think its the same as mine.Is it garnet red?

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 13th March 2009, 12:49
Looks very tidy mate.What is the colour called? I think its the same as mine.Is it garnet red?

Thanks! As far as I know mine is Regent Red Metallic (code 418-11), but I could be wrong.

DuncVolvoTurbo
Sunday 12th April 2009, 18:44
Done some more things to my car whilst the weather has been nice.

Blue IPD performance HT leads, yellow lead clamps, you can see the blue IPD top engine mount in this first couple of pics too.

I put in a gear selector decal, just so I remember where reverse is (as it's in a different place in my 940, and both are different to my GF's Golf)

Next I fitted one of the cupholder armrests. I had to do a bit of modifying to get it to fit my older car, but it was worth it!

This IPD sticker was supposed to be silver, and would have went under the bonnet with the next pic, but I had already started to remove the backing before I realised it was black. Doesn't look to bad though.

The last thing will divide opinions me thinks! I like the idea of the door stack (if you actually have what you are advertising) on high end Jap cars, but there was no way I was doing it to my car. However, I thought sticking it under the bonnet was quite a good feature. It turned out better than I thought it would too, but I don't mind hearing your thoughts on it! :D (BTW, the decals are on straight and are in-line, my camera somehow made them look wonky).

T5arrrgghh
Sunday 12th April 2009, 22:10
i secretly like door stacks too but dont tell anyone!! now where's that neon underlight kit gone...

Johnny5
Monday 13th April 2009, 21:48
Same colour as mine m8y 418-11, looking good too..... Although mine has the full tan leather interior.....

y2blade
Tuesday 14th April 2009, 09:10
looking good Duncan :)