PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my T5

mattp
Sunday 8th March 2009, 11:24
Hi,

I've had my T5 ('96 CD estate auto) for just over a month now and I'm slowing resolving a few issues with it. However there are a few outstanding ones that I'm after some help with...

It idles fast on start up (just over 2000rpm) for around 2-3secs, especially when starting from cold, so far I've cleaned the ICV out, it was a little gunked up but not too bad, but it has made no difference

It only holds around 0.4 bar (5ish psi) boost, peaking at 0.6ish just before the redline. So far I've had a good look around for leaks and have replaced all of the vacuum lines (bar the brake servo feed and feed to the cruise control bits).

Also I've noticed a boost spike as the auto changes gear at full chat (momentarily peaks to about 0.8-0.9bar) is this normal? I seem to remember reading about spikes on here somewhere but can't find the thread again.

I intend to fit a MBC in the near future, I've read about going easy on the throttle until the revs are up to reduce the risk of bending rods, is this going to be more of an problem with the auto box, i.e. the only way to hold a gear is to open the throttle further.

Sorry for the essay-esq post,
Any help greatfully recieved,

Matt