PDA

View Full Version : ATF fluid spec

MisterC1501
Sunday 8th March 2009, 10:24
Anyone know the fluid spec of the Auto Trans Fluid for my V70R gearbox? What is the DEF or MIL spec of the Volvo fluid, and can you use any other brands and if so, which

Quicksilver
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 22:36
I've just flushed & refilled with Comma AQ3 which meets Dexon III spec and is as recomended for the S/V70's on their website.

It's transformed the operation of the gearbox.

MisterC1501
Saturday 14th March 2009, 23:38
I've just flushed & refilled with Comma AQ3 which meets Dexon III spec and is as recomended for the S/V70's on their website.

It's transformed the operation of the gearbox.

Thanks Steve

Why did you chose to buy this oil rather than the Volvo fluid.

MisterC1501
Saturday 14th March 2009, 23:42
Does anyone have a bottle of the Volvo ATF handy so they can see if there is any DEF or MIL spec written on the bottle.

Reason for this is that I have various oils at my disposal, so to speak, so just wanted to know if I had something which was compatable.

siamblue
Sunday 15th March 2009, 00:12
4 speed adaptive is DEF lll and 5 speed adaptive is Volvo's own synthetic oil,

Gary

Quicksilver
Sunday 15th March 2009, 09:22
Thanks Steve

Why did you chose to buy this oil rather than the Volvo fluid.

Price and avalability in my area plus others have used it on the forums I use with no issuses.

BigV
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 07:21
Have you had any issues with the comma fluid?

I assume it is the same one they sell in halfrauds for £25 @ 5 litres?

Mine needs a change but I don't really fancy playing £15 per litre, as a flush usually takes 11 litres min.

Quicksilver
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 19:06
Have you had any issues with the comma fluid?

I assume it is the same one they sell in halfrauds for £25 @ 5 litres?

Mine needs a change but I don't really fancy playing £15 per litre, as a flush usually takes 11 litres min.

No problems so far and I used 9 litres to do mine.

BigV
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 15:10
Is it normal to for the gearbox to have a whine / whining noise when moving away from a stop? I have noticed just today that mine seems to be getting a bit louder, although it still seems to shift gears just fine.

I am hoping to get the fluid changed soon and see if that improves things anyway.