PDA

View Full Version : T5 going slower after service ?

T5 AUS
Sunday 8th March 2009, 09:10
Hi guys, my 94 850 T5 had a full service last week but I have noticed a sluggish response since. The turbo doesn't seem to boost up like it used to so I am wondering what could be the problem. I know they changed the plugs but not sure what they replaced them with. Could a different none Volvo plug affect the performance. I have the Rica re map and have done 240000 K's.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks,

flyingbrick
Sunday 8th March 2009, 10:08
Hi. The plugs dont make that much of a differance in performance wotever make you use. Only better fuel ecom or response IMO. Might be worth checking the air filter box is on right and the air filter is in correctly. If there not this would affect the air flow........

MrMopp
Sunday 8th March 2009, 10:22
Make sure they havent knocked one of the hoses off :)

tandino
Sunday 8th March 2009, 18:05
More than likely not replaced the bcs connector is they've had the airbox off, that will give you base boost.

Big Pete
Sunday 8th March 2009, 19:57
They haven't done a software update have they and then reversed it back to stock map? Just a thought?

flyingbrick
Sunday 8th March 2009, 20:29
More than likely not replaced the bcs connector is they've had the airbox off, that will give you base boost.

Wots the bcs connector please bud.....

Saaamon
Sunday 8th March 2009, 23:05
Wots the bcs connector please bud.....

BCS is the boost control solonoid, which is attached to the side of the airbox. There are three small vac pipes that go in to it one end and an electrical connector plug that goes on the other end. If thats what you were asking.