PDA

View Full Version : De-badging the boot.Look any good or not?

My T5
Saturday 7th March 2009, 15:16
Ive considered adding a twr flag badge to the boot of the T5 then thought about de-badging it totally.Ive done this with past cars and thought it looked alright.But on the volvo im in two minds.Opinions please people.

850twr
Saturday 7th March 2009, 15:32
i debadged my old 360 glt and that looked good, im sure someone on here must of done it.... pics plz....

mk3phill
Saturday 7th March 2009, 16:27
here you go man,. down to personal opinion at end of day,..

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Scouskie/backbox.jpg

still need to remove the 2.5,.. in favour of a T5,..but then again i like the mystery of not knowing so no badges for me most the time.

Vikingxl
Saturday 7th March 2009, 17:57
Heres my old banger.

My T5
Saturday 7th March 2009, 21:08
Thanks guys.I think ill de badge the boot but maybe keep just the t5 badge.They can always go back on!

Babybadger
Saturday 7th March 2009, 21:28
I just left 'volvo' and '850' on the back of mine, the other ones were 'turbo' and a picture of Saudi Arabia and the dealer's name, that went straight away! might as well had said 'terrorist'!

My T5
Sunday 8th March 2009, 14:06
I just left 'volvo' and '850' on the back of mine, the other ones were 'turbo' and a picture of Saudi Arabia and the dealer's name, that went straight away! might as well had said 'terrorist'!

LOL!! I see your point.Whos name is on the mot certificate Mr O Bin laden?

Babybadger
Sunday 8th March 2009, 18:12
Funnily enough it was Zahid Tractor co. in Riyadh , look at the bottom of the page for an 850 T5R Gul with Columbas on it?????

http://www.zahid.com/aboutus.0.html

Big Pete
Sunday 8th March 2009, 19:39
I think if you have an 850R or T-5R you keep all on, if you have a T-5 maybe remove, if you have anything lower than a T-5 remove all.

My reason most people who knows cars know a T-5 was fast and if they see R then they relate this with Volvo, Jag and they know they are fast models so.......... So people know not to mess.

callyuk
Sunday 8th March 2009, 22:06
iv only got the T5 badge on the back of mine but will soon be adding the TWR badge
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/calibra16vuk/Picture492.jpg

Shortbusdriver1969
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 19:08
Mine is De-badge'd like whats been said before keeps people guessing
I think it looks rather cool I still have the VOLVO badge but all overs have been removed

james
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 19:41
on and off is good its personal prefference my friend.whichever you do they will allways be tailgaters up our arses because they dont like volvo's or sumthin.i used to have the same mentallity but now i have seen the light.wolf in sheeps clothing 'respect to all volvo drivers'

anyone ever feel like ramming boy racers in their corsa's or saxo's ?

850twr
Thursday 12th March 2009, 01:20
anyone ever feel like ramming boy racers in their corsa's or saxo's ?

oh yes! just have to make do with roaring past and giving them a wave :D

5pots
Thursday 12th March 2009, 01:51
different fokes for different stroks as the say' thats the first thing i did, same with audi S2. D badged the lot. get less intrest from want to be F1 muppets in there 1 liter corsa. with there two brain cells fighting over WHO TURN IS IT TO PUSH THE WHEELCHAIR. just a personal view fokes

My T5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 08:55
anyone ever feel like ramming boy racers in their corsa's or saxo's ?[/QUOTE]
Yep! They drive up my ass thinking theyre Michael f****ng Schumacher,then when you leave them for dust on a decent stretch of road the brainless morons over take you in a 20mph speed limit once youve slowed down said limit! Genius! Ive now decided that Saxos should be re named Coffins!

Axl
Thursday 12th March 2009, 10:07
They drive up my ass thinking theyre Michael f****ng Schumacher,then when you leave them for dust on a decent stretch of road the brainless morons over take you in a 20mph speed limit once youve slowed down said limit! Genius! Ive now decided that Saxos should be re named Coffins!

I try my damdest not to bother with them, but lately I've noticed that some cars (not all boy racers) come right up your rs, see "T5" and fall back a bit lol. Personally it gives me a chuckle when I see it, but I really am trying very hard to refrain from rshole antics.

I'll leave that to BM and Audi's..

woz
Thursday 12th March 2009, 12:05
Personally I stealthed mine by painting the T-5 matt black same as the front grill. Left the 850 in silver. This is on a dk. met green 850 estate.

That way it looks like any old motor until you are right up close and in daylight. Then reality strikes. Not many get that close to me unless I am parked up any how.

Wil post up a pic when I get one taken as I'm quite proud of the look.
Woz:>)

My T5
Thursday 12th March 2009, 19:37
LOL. I love the look of shock on the faces of them as they hear a turbo spool up,induction roar,a bit of wheel spin and then........gone!!! In an estate car!!!

PaulZX
Friday 13th March 2009, 03:03
I've only took the Volvo badge off the n/s and left the 850 & T5 badges, but after seeing Vikingxc's (in the same colour as mine, with the V70 rear lenses) I'm dropping the 850 badge off on the next wash...

Like the theme tune from the advert... T-FIIIVE!!

I'm gonna do a jump tomorrow..... :)