PDA

View Full Version : BT's latest phase

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

p fandango
Friday 2nd September 2011, 21:05
Hill starts might be abit tricky with the handbrake in the boot, lol...
it'll never stay on a hill because the handbrakes not connected to anything lol

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 15:52
brake bias lever fitted, already got the pipe done from the master cylinder (except the securing clips), so just got to connect to the rear brake line & she should have brakes lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/04092011092.jpg
brake bias valve on the drivers side of the transmission tunnel

JT
Sunday 4th September 2011, 16:49
nice work!

I need 1 of those too....lol

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:06
nice work!

I need 1 of those too....lol
£49 from JJC, talking of which isn't your brake kit due soon?

i think you've got a longer shopping list than me now lol

JT
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:32
£49 from JJC, talking of which isn't your brake kit due soon?

i think you've got a longer shopping list than me now lol

the bespoke adjustable top mounts and the AP's are due this week!!
oh crap, thats alot of cash!! lol

then i need to order the other bits we spoke about

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:36
oh crap, thats alot of cash!! lol

then i need to order the other bits we spoke about
i defo need pics of them top mounts, i've even got the money at the minute lol

& you'll have to let us know about the price for your other bits as i haven't got most of them myself yet lol

volvo
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:38
i thought what i saw JT WAS your shopping list....clearly not! Oh and now i see what you mean about mr Fandango's car being 'really stripped' ....lol is that your interior mate...no carpet etc etc lol.....i just saw a pic a few posts back of the brake lever, and all those flick switches....does it fly? worth driving to Cov just to see that man....that must be 1 lighter volvo!

volvo
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:39
JT do you have that snapshot of the sad looking R you saw in its final hours on saturday?

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:42
Oh and now i see what you mean about mr Fandango's car being 'really stripped' ....lol is that your interior mate...no carpet etc etc lol.....i just saw a pic a few posts back of the brake lever, and all those flick switches....does it fly? worth driving to Cov just to see that man....that must be 1 lighter volvo!
she's not even got a dashboard lol. She ran a 14.557 before, & now had 322kg removed so i hope she won't hang around lol. Your more than welcome to pop in when your about, i'll make sure i've got some fuel so i can get her running for you

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/09082011038.jpg

volvo
Sunday 4th September 2011, 18:46
wowwww........cool! looks scary....i must remember to take a jerry can or 2 or 3 with me so will make sure theres fuel....cheers mate!

JT
Sunday 4th September 2011, 19:24
JT do you have that snapshot of the sad looking R you saw in its final hours on saturday?

PF's project is serious stuff!! I did warn you...lol

yes I have yet more sad pics...

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/03092011445.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/03092011446.jpg

such a shame:(

claymore
Sunday 4th September 2011, 19:26
i thought what i saw JT WAS your shopping list....clearly not! Oh and now i see what you mean about mr Fandango's car being 'really stripped' ....lol is that your interior mate...no carpet etc etc lol.....i just saw a pic a few posts back of the brake lever, and all those flick switches....does it fly? worth driving to Cov just to see that man....that must be 1 lighter volvo!

I think you need to read the whole thread just to see how handy pedro is with an angle grinder. :)

volvo
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:04
claymore...yes i have read it.....still dont want him near my car whith one in his angle.....accidents do happen and his 'trigger finger' may just slip and he may thinks he is back in HIS car!!!!!

T4Rick
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:05
Hi Pedro what did you do to blank the pipe off from the carbon canister to the petrol tank the big long pipe that runs under the car?

volvo
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:05
oh yes....sad day it was....not for you though JT, it was just like Santa had left you your pressies early this year!

This side rear quater glass failed to come out (as you can see, ooops!) but the other side is out and very much available....

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:24
Hi Pedro what did you do to blank the pipe off from the carbon canister to the petrol tank the big long pipe that runs under the car?
i'll be honest say i've got no idea, can't even remember bunging any up (i'll have to look into that lol)

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:29
still dont want him near my car whith one in his angle.....accidents do happen and his 'trigger finger' may just slip and he may thinks he is back in HIS car!!!!!
funny you should say that, i used to have a carbon fibre ring which i always used to wear. Finished a grinding session on BT & washing my hands & noticed quite alot of circular cut mark on the ring lol, got a bit too close to my fingers for comfy (not that i noticed while i was doing it lol)

jardon
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:42

Sounds interesting JT - who is making you the top mounts? I've got adjustable camber on my coilovers so not much use to me but pretty sure there are folk who would find that handy. Nice one.

jardon
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:43
brake bias lever fitted, already got the pipe done from the master cylinder (except the securing clips), so just got to connect to the rear brake line & she should have brakes lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/04092011092.jpg
brake bias valve on the drivers side of the transmission tunnel

Forgive my ignorance here but what will the brake bias valve be used for?

p fandango
Sunday 4th September 2011, 20:46
Forgive my ignorance here but what will the brake bias valve be used for?
it just decreases the braking pressure on the rear. Tbh as i'm only running 302's on the front i don't really need it, but as i'm messing with the brake pipework anyway i thought i might as well

just gives me a bit more options to set her up how i drive

jardon
Monday 5th September 2011, 12:02
it just decreases the braking pressure on the rear. Tbh as i'm only running 302's on the front i don't really need it, but as i'm messing with the brake pipework anyway i thought i might as well

just gives me a bit more options to set her up how i drive

I'm guessing this not an option if you run with ABS - or does the ecu still have some ABS ability if the braking bias is altered? Purely academic from my road car perspective of course. Could you increase bias to the rear (not that I'm suggesting you should)?

p fandango
Monday 5th September 2011, 13:38
I'm guessing this not an option if you run with ABS - or does the ecu still have some ABS ability if the braking bias is altered? Purely academic from my road car perspective of course. Could you increase bias to the rear (not that I'm suggesting you should)?
i can't see why it shouldn't be compatible with ABS, i know on the older 850 system the rear braking is done with one pipe from the pump (& not even sure if ABS stops rear's locking) so the valve can still be installed, & as i don't believe it measures the actual pressure in the line the ECU shouldn't know any different. No i can't increase the bias over the standard pressure, you could install another valve in the front brake line to achieve the same effect, even then you could still use with ABS but have to place the valve between the master cylinder & the ABS pump before the lines are split for left & right

jardon
Monday 5th September 2011, 17:47
i can't see why it shouldn't be compatible with ABS, i know on the older 850 system the rear braking is done with one pipe from the pump (& not even sure if ABS stops rear's locking) so the valve can still be installed, & as i don't believe it measures the actual pressure in the line the ECU shouldn't know any different.

Makes sense if line pressure isn't measured. I guess if you fit better brakes to the front you increase forward weight transfer when braking and need to reduce braking force at the rear (as the rear is now lighter)?

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 14:10
Just been doing a bit of googling and came across a thread on volvospeed, from 2009.
Quote..."no it should still pass an MOT, all the lights still work & still got the very basics it needs for the test. I have got to replace the windscreen, make some door cards & i think its ready"
Ring any bells Pedro? ;)

p fandango
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 14:35
Just been doing a bit of googling and came across a thread on volvospeed, from 2009.
Quote..."no it should still pass an MOT, all the lights still work & still got the very basics it needs for the test. I have got to replace the windscreen, make some door cards & i think its ready"
Ring any bells Pedro? ;)
plans have obviously changed a bit since then lol, i'd only just took her off the road around 2009 so was just going to be a quick strip & race at the time

my very own stalker ;) lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 14:56
plans have obviously changed a bit since then lol, i'd only just took her off the road around 2009 so was just going to be a quick strip & race at the time

my very own stalker ;) lol

Naah, was looking for some unrelated info using a picture search and saw the big tosser number plate and had a look. Had nice wheels on it back then tho.
:rice:

BlackBeast
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 18:42
tbh i didn't look to hard into the different steering rack, what i did in the end was remove the Volvo mechanical power steering pump & fitted a 5hitroen electric pump in the boot. I've wired it thru a switch so can switch turn the power steering off when i want

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Boot/33782_1591598105769_1110365021_1660659_977483_n.jp g

Guessing the pump is off a Saxo? They have an extremely light wheel, you can turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary with your little finger, plus it feels way over assisted when driving and doesn't give any feedback. But that's on a Saxo.

Impressions of it on a light Volvo?

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 18:51
Guessing the pump is off a Saxo? They have an extremely light wheel, you can turn the steering wheel while the car is stationary with your little finger, plus it feels way over assisted when driving and doesn't give any feedback. But that's on a Saxo.

Impressions of it on a light Volvo?
i haven't put any fluid in the system yet. I've wired the pump thru a switch so can turn it off whenever i want. Even without the pump the steering isn't too bad tbh so do think it'll be off most of the time

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 19:23
more pressies from postman pat, my quick release steering wheel hub & 470cc injectors. The steering hub does make the wheel a bit close but its nothing i can't live with

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Interior/07092011097.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/07092011098.jpg

T4Rick
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 19:55
more pressies from postman pat, my quick release steering wheel hub & 470cc injectors. The steering hub does make the wheel a bit close but its nothing i can't live with

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Interior/07092011097.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/07092011098.jpg

Hi mate i do like the steering wheel and boss lol ,where did you get it from?and what did you pay for the injectors if you dont mind me asking?

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 20:27
Hi mate i do like the steering wheel and boss lol ,where did you get it from?and what did you pay for the injectors if you dont mind me asking?
the quick release i got off ebay LINK (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUICK-RELEASE-SNAP-OFF-STEERING-WHEEL-HUB-BOSS-KIT-/170679955056?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd516e70#ht_3677wt_754), you'll need to use it with an aftermarket wheel & Momo hub. I wouldn't recommend using it on a road car a the indicator & wiper stalks are quite a way from the wheel & a pain reach

T4Rick
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 21:38
Sounds good mate.Im waiting for the good bit where you wire up the speedo wire lol

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 21:42
Sounds good mate.Im waiting for the good bit where you wire up the speedo wire lol
i'll get there, found out one of the wires left to do on the boost controller is for the speedo so might change it all around just for you lol

T4Rick
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 21:49
i'll get there, found out one of the wires left to do on the boost controller is for the speedo so might change it all around just for you lol

Please mate pmsl i really want to remove mine

JT
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 22:30

A mate of mine managed to modify my steering rack, to overcome that same problem.

it does mean the quick release/ adjustment doesnt work anymore, but once in place, do you really need it???

p fandango
Thursday 8th September 2011, 03:55
A mate of mine managed to modify my steering rack, to overcome that same problem.

it does mean the quick release/ adjustment doesnt work anymore, but once in place, do you really need it???
i'm going to let others have a drive so do want it still adjustable. The Momo boss is very deep so get that cut down or a special made if there are issues, i don't mind it as i like the wheel close but see how others get on

kee1173
Thursday 8th September 2011, 15:19
Hello mate. Aint you finished BT yet Pedro. I disaapear for a while to let you get on, come back and have a lil look to see the beast, quite frankly i am gutted all my hopes and dreams finished LOL. Cant be far away now from finishing is she?.

p fandango
Thursday 8th September 2011, 15:23
Hello mate. Aint you finished BT yet Pedro. I disaapear for a while to let you get on, come back and have a lil look to see the beast, quite frankly i am gutted all my hopes and dreams finished LOL. Cant be far away now from finishing is she?.
lol well you can't rush these things lol (or is it because i'm a lazy b*stard lol). No not got much left, put the renew the brakes, new windscreen & plumb the radiator, think thats all

kee1173
Thursday 8th September 2011, 15:30
sounds like my issue list on the R at the mo LOL. knew i should have stuck to my never own a car for more than 6 months routine lol

JT
Thursday 8th September 2011, 17:56
pedro,

steering adjustment

ok, this is the modified part
he has filed down the inner section from round to having 2 flat sides
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/08092011452.jpg

this is where it goes on the spindle

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/08092011451.jpg

which helps it pass this groove

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/08092011454.jpg

and then goes all the way to here

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/08092011455.jpg

does that make any sense?? lol

claymore
Thursday 8th September 2011, 18:00
pedro,

steering adjustment

does that make any sense?? lol

None at all

JT
Thursday 8th September 2011, 18:08
pmsl!!

welcome to my world!! lol

p fandango
Thursday 8th September 2011, 18:19
Claymores right, makes no sense what so ever lol. But i'll have a look at the part & file it & see what happens, even if it doesn't work at least its a bit more weight gone lol

JT
Thursday 8th September 2011, 18:26
oh please....lol

its easy!!

it will become clear when you get it in bits

T4Rick
Thursday 8th September 2011, 21:17
Any updates mate this is a tasty project

p fandango
Thursday 8th September 2011, 21:26
Any updates mate this is a tasty project
i do have to pretend to work during the week i'm afraid mate lol, busy this weekend & tbh Bonny's bass box is next on the list. I will get round to the speedo honest lol

T4Rick
Thursday 8th September 2011, 22:13
i do have to pretend to work during the week i'm afraid mate lol, busy this weekend & tbh Bonny's bass box is next on the list. I will get round to the speedo honest lol

Ok mate, keep up the good work

T4Rick
Sunday 11th September 2011, 19:13
Ive removed my sound proof from the front of my 850 now and lay the carpet back down.Is there any in the rear?i only pulled up the front half with the seats intact

p fandango
Sunday 11th September 2011, 19:25
Ive removed my sound proof from the front of my 850 now and lay the carpet back down.Is there any in the rear?i only pulled up the front half with the seats intact
yep, from under the front seat back then a strip over the transmission tunnel

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Interior/interior16.jpg

T4Rick
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:02
Any updates lol

p fandango
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:13
Any updates lol
yes, but none about the speedo wiring i'm afraid mate. Tbh not sure it'll be worth me even looking at the wiring until its finished & moving so i can check make sure i've done it right

T4Rick
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:32
Did you do away with your bonnet catch?

p fandango
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:44
Did you do away with your bonnet catch?
yes, i've got a bonnet pin in each corner

p fandango
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:32
VXR injectors fitted, i didn't see if she ran with them in because i hadn't de-pressurised the fuel rail so sprayed petrol over the whole engine when i disconnected it lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/DSCF0157.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/DSCF0158.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/DSCF0161.jpg

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:05
Harking back to a previous thread, my orange/brown injectors look nothing like yours. they are even skinnier than the VXR's. I'm starting to think denso...
Any ideas?
Not been a video recently, not rushing you but when you get BT going...

Not that I'm stalking or anything... ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 01:45
Harking back to a previous thread, my orange/brown injectors look nothing like yours. they are even skinnier than the VXR's. I'm starting to think denso...
Any ideas?
tbh no, i can't think why they'd even venture after from using Volvo's own parts

Not been a video recently, not rushing you but when you get BT going...

Not that I'm stalking or anything... ;)
even tho there was fuel in the rail i'm sure she's ran out again, i'm curious to how the standard map behaves with the VXR's so might get some fuel later. I'll defo get a vid for you when i do fire her up ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 21:07
put some fuel in (£7, nearly moved the needle lol), charged the battery & she fired straight away but she's running on 4 cylinders.

T4Rick
Sunday 18th September 2011, 18:57
Hi i would like to remove the alarm on the car as its doing me no favours.Do you have any idea how to remove it or by pass it

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 17:16
Hi i would like to remove the alarm on the car as its doing me no favours.Do you have any idea how to remove it or by pass it
hi sorry Rick missed your post, because BT is an early T5 she hasn't got as complex an alarm as the later ones with the transducers etc. I haven't had to bypass anything but never even had remote locking so was a very basic system

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 17:19
started on the coolant pipes. Fun job of getting a decent place to go thru the bulkhead next

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/DSCF0168.jpg

M-R-P
Saturday 24th September 2011, 17:48
Looks spankin' (and complicated) ;)

T4Rick
Saturday 24th September 2011, 17:54
started on the coolant pipes. Fun job of getting a decent place to go thru the bulkhead next

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/DSCF0168.jpg

Its coming on well now mate

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 18:00
Looks spankin' (and complicated) ;)
thanks she's getting there. Its alot easier to work on than a normal T-5, no plastic or unneeded junk in the way lol

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 18:02
Its coming on well now mate
thanks, not much more to do but i've made the mistake of starting on Bonny's stereo so alot of my pennies are going to her lately. Sorry for delay answering you alarm question mate

T4Rick
Saturday 24th September 2011, 19:00
No problem mate.What yr did you say your 850 was mine is a N reg

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 19:05
No problem mate.What yr did you say your 850 was mine is a N reg
BT's L reg, 1994

AndysR
Saturday 24th September 2011, 19:14
Coming along, and the pipework is looking smart, fingers crossed you can bleed it all ok... lol

p fandango
Saturday 24th September 2011, 19:18
Coming along, and the pipework is looking smart, fingers crossed you can bleed it all ok... lol
thanks, might have to fit a bleed point by the radiator anyway. We've got quite a steep drive so can park it so the expansion bottle is highest when i do fill it up

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:20
have you blocked thefuel purge cannister for the petrol tank

Jim S70R
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:25
That's coming along nicely, pipe work looks smart.

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:29
Wouldnt the fuel avaporate

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:32
have you blocked thefuel purge cannister for the petrol tank
tbh i removed the carbon canistor that long ago i can't remember what i did to the pipework

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:42
tbh i removed the carbon canistor that long ago i can't remember what i did to the pipework

lol could i get away with just blanking it off

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:45
lol could i get away with just blanking it off
i've got a feeling i just left it open, sure it just vents from the tank

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 00:57
would the fuel dissapear?

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 01:00
would the fuel dissapear?
no i'm sure its only a vent for the fumes, i took mine off a few years ago & not noticed any fuel leaking out (thats assuming i did leave it open like i think i did lol)

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 01:08
no i'm sure its only a vent for the fumes, i took mine off a few years ago & not noticed any fuel leaking out (thats assuming i did leave it open like i think i did lol)

How far back did you remove it lol

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 06:02
How far back did you remove it lol
i remember it was only as far back as the engine bay, certainly didn't take it all the way back to the tank. I seem to remember a clear valve which i left connected & cut the pipe after it, but i've got a naff memory & been on the Jacques so the valve may not exist lol

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 09:55
Nice one.Ive built my car back up now.and sometimes i get a spark and sometimes i dont and im not getting any fuel through the injectors?Ive checked for voltage on the injector harness and im pulling 11.82 on the meter across the injector harness.Any ideas

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 09:57
Nice one.Ive built my car back up now.and sometimes i get a spark and sometimes i dont and im not getting any fuel through the injectors?Ive checked for voltage on the injector harness and im pulling 11.82 on the meter across the injector harness.Any ideas
is your pump priming when you turn the ignition on

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 10:02
is your pump priming when you turn the ignition on

Yes right into the fuel rail but i get nothing past it lol

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 10:53
Yes right into the fuel rail but i get nothing past it lol
i'm sure the injectors are switched via the negative so does sound like your ecu thinks somethings not right, i think you need your codes read

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 11:20
Ive got a basic scanner so i will give it ago

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 11:58
Is the crank sensor also known as the speed sensor

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 12:38
Is the crank sensor also known as the speed sensor
not that i know of lol

T4Rick
Sunday 25th September 2011, 12:42
ive got no spark at the coil either lol but i got a little spark last night

p fandango
Sunday 25th September 2011, 16:23
got one of the holes done for the coolant before i managed to blunt the cutter, so mocked up most of the pipe. You can see the attempt at cutting where the second pipes going to go. I originally tried to run the pipes low but found the only place obstructed after cutting it, so got to plate over that hole now :(

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Interior/DSCF0174.jpg

p fandango
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:01
we now have 2 coolant pipes thru the bulkhead, now to order more joints & pipe

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/26092011119.jpg

Jamest5r
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:10
All you need now is a set of taps for hot and cold running water lol

p fandango
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:12
All you need now is a set of taps for hot and cold running water lol
lmao, 2 sugars & a bit of coolant & it'll taste exactly the same as the coffee from work lol

volvo
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:41
lol...everytime i see a pic of mr fandango's car...makes me chuckle.....if Volvo ever did a lightweight version......Credit to you fella, you really have done something different.

p fandango
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:58
lol...everytime i see a pic of mr fandango's car...makes me chuckle.....if Volvo ever did a lightweight version......Credit to you fella, you really have done something different.
thank you very much sir, i've always liked to try things that aren't run of the mill lol

T4Rick
Monday 26th September 2011, 19:52
thank you very much sir, i've always liked to try things that aren't run of the mill lol

Looks good mate

T4Rick
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 22:01
Any updates Pedro lol you know what im waiting for lol

p fandango
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 22:45
Any updates Pedro lol you know what im waiting for lol
brakes ordered for Friday, thats all so far mate. I'll bump the speed sensor up the list for you, still going to be a while tho knowing me lol

T4Rick
Thursday 29th September 2011, 21:50
I carnt wait lol

p fandango
Friday 30th September 2011, 05:56
I carnt wait lol
i've noticed ;) lol

T4Rick
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:29
brakes ordered for Friday, thats all so far mate. I'll bump the speed sensor up the list for you, still going to be a while tho knowing me lol

What brakes have you ordered?

p fandango
Friday 30th September 2011, 21:08
What brakes have you ordered?
only a new set of 302's & a pair of drop links, she's been sat a while so replacing them won't be a bad thing. Discs £66 each & droplinks £20 :jaw:

T4Rick
Friday 30th September 2011, 21:58
only a new set of 302's & a pair of drop links, she's been sat a while so replacing them won't be a bad thing. Discs £66 each & droplinks £20 :jaw:

my drop links were 4 quid off ebay lol

p fandango
Saturday 1st October 2011, 01:10
my drop links were 4 quid off ebay lol
£4.96 i paid (excluding vat) but they were £20.92 each rrp. I had a total bill of £74.52 which i almost fainted at, imagine if i'd of had to pay full rrp for the discs i'd of killed someone lol.

p fandango
Wednesday 5th October 2011, 18:34
coolant pipes done in the engine bay (except the jubilee clips)

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Engine%20Bay/DSCF0183.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/DSCF0186.jpg

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 13:17
Hi mate my car runs now lol after weeks of messing about

p fandango
Saturday 8th October 2011, 16:33
Hi mate my car runs now lol after weeks of messing about
nice one, so where's the vid? lol. PS have you done that speed sensor yet ;)

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 17:21
nice one, so where's the vid? lol. PS have you done that speed sensor yet ;)

lol no im waiting for you to do it.After just getting my car running i just want to enjoy it lol.

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 17:37
Hi mate do you have a picture of what boost vac pipes go where from the std boost soloneid to turbo i have a blanking plate on mine

p fandango
Saturday 8th October 2011, 17:44
Hi mate do you have a picture of what boost vac pipes go where from the std boost soloneid to turbo i have a blanking plate on mine
i haven't i'm afraid mate, i binned mine years ago so no idea where they go

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 17:56
Bummer lol

p fandango
Saturday 8th October 2011, 19:18
Bummer lol
sorry mate, can i ask why your removing the MBC & going back to the BCS

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 20:38
I want to go apexi soon and just want to get my car running right first.Did i read right that you can by pass the bcs completely because i ran both together i think on the T4

p fandango
Saturday 8th October 2011, 20:44
I want to go apexi soon and just want to get my car running right first.Did i read right that you can by pass the bcs completely because i ran both together i think on the T4
i've got the AVC-R, a very good bit of kit. Yeh you have to leave the wires plugged in to keep the ECU happy, but all the pipes can be took off & just run the MBC/EBC direct

T4Rick
Saturday 8th October 2011, 20:54
I like it lol.

p fandango
Monday 10th October 2011, 18:45
lol no im waiting for you to do it.After just getting my car running i just want to enjoy it lol.
an update for you Rick, mate of mines had to rewire his speedo because he's changed to a later box. All he did was remove the 2 wires from the old speed sensor mounted on the gearbox, & splice them both into a ABS speed sensor mounted on the wheel hub (also got 2 wires). You'll need a multi-meter to make sure you connect both earths, & both the signal wires together as it won't like them getting mixed up. Already had his car running & said the speedo worked fine

T4Rick
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:24
Thanks for the update.I know basic electrics but i would need to no what was what so i could just connect them up

T4Rick
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:28
Hi again lol when you removed the sunroof did you ever think of replacing the top roof skin for a non sunroof model?

p fandango
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:43
Hi again lol when you removed the sunroof did you ever think of replacing the top roof skin for a non sunroof model?
no, but have enquired about a fibre glass or carbon fibre skin instead ;)

p fandango
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:44
Thanks for the update.I know basic electrics but i would need to no what was what so i could just connect them up
i'll see if i can get the colour codes off him

T4Rick
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:53
no, but have enquired about a fibre glass or carbon fibre skin instead ;)

I carnt wait mate i will be following

T4Rick
Monday 10th October 2011, 19:54
i'll see if i can get the colour codes off him

Thanks mate

T4Rick
Monday 17th October 2011, 19:33
Any updates on the speedo side mate

p fandango
Monday 17th October 2011, 19:55
Any updates on the speedo side mate
erm well, no. I've got the wires now thanks to Johnny but not got round to doing any more yet. I'll have a look soon, promise lol

JT
Monday 17th October 2011, 19:58
xmas is coming!! lol

T4Rick
Monday 17th October 2011, 20:10
xmas is coming!! lol

Needs doing lol i want to do away with my abs but i need my speedo lol

JT
Monday 17th October 2011, 20:13
I dont use a speedo!
dont have time to look at it,even if I did! lol

as long as those leads I've given Pedro dont confuse my ecu, i'll be fine

T4Rick
Monday 17th October 2011, 20:39
Mine is road legal lol

T4Rick
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 21:58
Any updates

p fandango
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 04:01
Any updates
nope, afraid not. Might have a look the weekend

T4Rick
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 20:12
Ok mate lol

p fandango
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 14:36
been shopping. Ordered new rear brake discs & pads (already got fronts), some more silicone joints to carry on with the radiator pipes, & all the bits for a JT spec fuel system :)

p fandango
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 02:14
perspex ordered for the remaining windows as well, annoyingly i found out once i'd paid the company is only 5minutes down the road so could of saved £20 postage. According to my list all i need to finish BT now is a new windscreen & more alloy pipes for the radiator

T4Rick
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 09:09
And the speed sensor lol

p fandango
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 09:38
And the speed sensor lol
erm no. & not trying to disappoint you, but i can't remember where i put the wire :worried:

JT
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:05
perspex ordered for the remaining windows as well, annoyingly i found out once i'd paid the company is only 5minutes down the road so could of saved £20 postage. According to my list all i need to finish BT now is a new windscreen & more alloy pipes for the radiator

so BT will be running by the end of the week then ??? :)

p fandango
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:50
so BT will be running by the end of the week then ??? :)
lol not quite that soon, all the bits are coming together. Just getting them fitted then lol

i'll let you know when the fuel pump turns up so you can plumb that in ;) lol

JT
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 12:05
i'll let you know when the fuel pump turns up so you can plumb that in ;) lol

I did a you on that 1!

got someone else to do it!! lol

p fandango
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 12:31
I did a you on that 1!

got someone else to do it!! lol
cheeky ****er lol. Sam was trying to make out you do everything on the car, i knew that weren't right lol

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:12
the goodies are turning up, fuel swirl pot & some more silicone joints for the rad pipes turned up today. Got a failed delivery note which i think is the fuel pump mount, perspex is coming tomorrow as well. Also ordered my UR racing chassis braces which will take about 4-6 weeks. Flywheel & a pair of new front hubs are in the engineering shop. Next job is to book her in for a new screen while i'm off work & get some of the bits fitted lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/25102011170.jpg

JT
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:26
gonna have to get your finger out now, no excuses!!:hidesbehi

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:28
gonna have to get your finger out now, no excuses!!:hidesbehi
there is, time lol. Is that the right swirl pot? (is so what goes where lmao)

JT
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:33
there is, time lol. Is that the right swirl pot? (is so what goes where lmao)

thats the one I sent back yes!
how to connect it up............no idea:duck:

would you like me to go and have a look?

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:37
thats the one I sent back yes!
how to connect it up............no idea:duck:
the joys of having rules to stick to lol. Surely not another job Sam did, are you sure you've done anything on your car? lol.

would you like me to go and have a look?
theirs no panic mate, you stay nice & comfy (i'm sure Sam will be of more help anyway lmao). Bottom 2 are outputs to pumps, very top has got to be primary pump into the pot, so just the 2 top ones on the side i'm not sure about (guessing one is an input from the fuel rail return, not sure which lol)

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:41
the goodies are turning up, fuel swirl pot & some more silicone joints for the rad pipes turned up today. Got a failed delivery note which i think is the fuel pump mount, perspex is coming tomorrow as well. Also ordered my UR racing chassis braces which will take about 4-6 weeks. Flywheel & a pair of new front hubs are in the engineering shop. Next job is to book her in for a new screen while i'm off work & get some of the bits fitted lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/25102011170.jpg

Exactly how long are these 1/4 miles your going to be partaking in? lol

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:43
Exactly how long are these 1/4 miles your going to be partaking in? lol
about 1/4mile? i'm lost lol

jardon
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:55
I'm interested in this swirl pot too. Will you use the same fuel pump or an external pump? Let us know how it all goes together.

JT
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 18:56
pmsl!! nice 1 Andy!

fuel in at the top, out to the secondary pump from the bottom, the other 2 are breather pipes, 1 from the front of the car the other to the main tank.......i think lol

p fandango
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 12:17
another busy day at work, got the windscreen booked to be replaced. Fuel pump mount collected & the Perspex has been delivered. Still got 3hrs left & bored so who knows what i'll end up ordering now lol

p fandango
Thursday 27th October 2011, 20:09
i've already been called a cheat for this next gadget, but i ordered traction control today :) (& a TTV flywheel lol)

T4Rick
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:23
Hi mate did you remove the evaporator sensor?did you get the management light on?

T4Rick
Saturday 29th October 2011, 23:28
Hi mate will this car be road legal?

JT
Saturday 29th October 2011, 23:33
i've already been called a cheat for this next gadget, but i ordered traction control today :) (& a TTV flywheel lol)

oh come on! lol

without that suspension you will need all the help you can get!! :)

p fandango
Sunday 30th October 2011, 06:23
Hi mate did you remove the evaporator sensor?did you get the management light on?
i'd already got a permanent CEL light by then anyway because i binned the BCS, but don't think it does throw one

Hi mate will this car be road legal?
hopefully lol

p fandango
Sunday 30th October 2011, 06:28
oh come on! lol

without that suspension you will need all the help you can get!! :)
i need help anyway lol. As you know suspension is on the list, just don't know what to spend the money on next lol

T4Rick
Sunday 30th October 2011, 09:14
i'd already got a permanent CEL light by then anyway because i binned the BCS, but don't think it does throw one

hopefully lol

I erase my codes last night which was a good thing,secondly one thing that really worrys me is the abs set up.There are new regs coming in from jan 2012 apprently which and im guessing that they will test to see if the abs is working or not and they will no if the car was surpose to have abs or not,where would i stand on that level if it was removed completley?

p fandango
Sunday 30th October 2011, 09:30
I erase my codes last night which was a good thing,secondly one thing that really worrys me is the abs set up.There are new regs coming in from jan 2012 apprently which and im guessing that they will test to see if the abs is working or not and they will no if the car was surpose to have abs or not,where would i stand on that level if it was removed completley?
it really doesn't depend on the regs that are being brought in. I'd of thought the regs would come in for cars made after the start date (ie jan 2012) as our cars currently confirm. Even if the regs are back-dated there are still ways around it ;)

T4Rick
Sunday 30th October 2011, 10:19
Enlighten me o great one lol

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 07:35
Enlighten me o great one lol
I'll pm once i get home sir, naff signal and cr4p phone lol

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 08:24
while i can get online i'll tell u about a nasty person on the forum, i got a threat via text saying if i didn't buy some new suspension he'd call me names on the forum. So i've had to buy a set of coilovers as well now

So i've got
New windscreen
Ur racing chassis braces
Racelogic traction control
Ttv flywheel
Custom from wheel hubs
Coilvers and depending on bank balance might treat her to a turbo tuner coming

JT's Mechanic
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 11:28
Traction control? You big girl! lol

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 12:46
Traction control? You big girl! lol
I'll leave it turned off when it comes to your whopping if u want mate lol. The bad thing is i think i paid more that than u did ur car lol

JT
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 13:22
while i can get online i'll tell u about a nasty person on the forum, i got a threat via text saying if i didn't buy some new suspension he'd call me names on the forum. So i've had to buy a set of coilovers as well now

So i've got
New windscreen
Ur racing chassis braces
Racelogic traction control
Ttv flywheel
Custom from wheel hubs
Coilvers and depending on bank balance might treat her to a turbo tuner coming
:band:

What sort of bloke would say a thing like that??? Lol

T4Rick
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 14:23
I'll pm once i get home sir, naff signal and cr4p phone lol

Any updates on the abs wiring

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:06
ohh some nice bits there pedro......

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:27
:band:

What sort of bloke would say a thing like that??? Lol
You ya bloody bully lol

JT
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:30
You will thank me for it...............

fingers crossed:)

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:31
Any updates on the abs wiring
Not yet, traction control should be here the weekend so change the speedo wiring then

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:33
You will thank me for it...............
No i won't, if it turns out to be a good move then it was my own decision lol

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:35
ohh some nice bits there pedro......
Thanks, i'm looking forward to chassis braces turning up

T4Rick
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 21:13
Not yet, traction control should be here the weekend so change the speedo wiring then

Carnt wait

LiamT4
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 21:20
Can't wait to see this when its finally on the road.

But i reckon my lottery numbers will come up first! lol

JT
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 21:30
or maybe a free bus pass!! lol

p fandango
Thursday 3rd November 2011, 08:52
Can't wait to see this when its finally on the road.

But i reckon my lottery numbers will come up first! lol
I'll admit, there was no need for half the stuff i've just ordered, but did make sure i'd sorted stuff new windscreen and brakes before i started on the retail therapy. She's way past the spec i wanted to bring her back with, and as said i've got everything i need so hopefully an MOT is in sight

New target to get her on the strip is march for my birthday, but want her on the road way before then so i can get used to her again

T4Rick
Thursday 3rd November 2011, 13:14
Will be interesting to see it moted with out the abs lol

T4Rick
Thursday 3rd November 2011, 22:33
Do you no how to do the wiring lol

p fandango
Friday 4th November 2011, 02:39
Do you no how to do the wiring lol
I told u how to do it weeks ago so should think so lol

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 15:47
I told u how to do it weeks ago so should think so lol

Carnt remember lol but what do you do with the remainder of the abs wires?

p fandango
Friday 4th November 2011, 16:15
Carnt remember lol but what do you do with the remainder of the abs wires?
Splice the 2 wires the gearbox sensor into the wheel speed sensor thats bolted to the wheel hub. Cut and bin the unused wires, that's all i did

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 19:14
Gearbox sensor,do you meaning crank sensor?do you have any pics of the set up.

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:01
Look at your diff from underneath, you will see the speedo pick-up, its just above the longer drive shaft.

Remove the plug, leave the sensor in the 'box, and splice into the ABS loom, on my car, the speedo sensor is a red 2 pin plug, I don't think it matters which way around the wire go.

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:13
Look at your diff from underneath, you will see the speedo pick-up, its just above the longer drive shaft.

Remove the plug, leave the sensor in the 'box, and splice into the ABS loom, on my car, the speedo sensor is a red 2 pin plug, I don't think it matters which way around the wire go.

Hi mate i have the manual box gearbox lol and believe it or not ive never seen a sensor on the back of the box lol.I do have a red 2 pin connector looming over the gearbox though not plugged into anything lol

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:19
What age is yours?

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:23
My car is a N plate but the engine and box is a 97 model.

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:28
Your speedo is already fed from the ABS sensor, its only the early cars that had the sensor in the 'box.

Mines an M plate

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:37
Your speedo is already fed from the ABS sensor, its only the early cars that had the sensor in the 'box.

Mines an M plate

Hi Paul im not sure where i stand mate can it be converted so i dont have abs lol

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 20:54
You could, but I would say you would need an early gearbox.

Why don't you want the ABS?

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:01
Its just another thing to go wrong lol.I will have alook tomorrow to see if i do have one,if not i may be able to fit one

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:06
Apart from a dry solder joint in the ECU, they don't really go wrong.

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:16
I do have a light on Paul it wasnt there before i did the engine conversion but now it is lol and the loom is a 95

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:23
Your best bet is read the DTC codes, it will either have a box behind the O/S headlight with a jumper wire, or an OBD port inside the car.

Sorry I can't be more help.

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:29
Your best bet is read the DTC codes, it will either have a box behind the O/S headlight with a jumper wire, or an OBD port inside the car.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks for your help mate

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:33
Best way to get rid of that light is to find some black insulating tape...;)

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:59
Best way to get rid of that light is to find some black insulating tape...;)

Wont they test the abs though from next year

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:02
Wont they test the abs though from next year

ABS light has been tested for years.

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:09
After january, it's a fail rather than an advisory isn't it?

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:09
And mine is on lol and wont go off.If a piece of insulation tape found its way onto my abs light do you think i would be ok lol

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:13
Providing you "know" the bloke testing the car and/or they don't plug the car in, who's gonna know/care?
How did that boot kid go by the way?

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:14
After january, it's a fail rather than an advisory isn't it?

The ABS system will have a special sequence of warning lights when the ignition is switched on to indicate that the system is functioning correctly. That is tested for the MOT. The ABS as such is not tested. So if, as a result of your ABS failure the warning lights show an incorrect indication, then that will result in an MOT failure. - MOTT

Taken from here:

http://www.motester.co.uk/CarOwnersGuidetoTheMOT/MOTQA/MOTQApage3.aspx

about half way down

T4Rick
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:16
The ABS system will have a special sequence of warning lights when the ignition is switched on to indicate that the system is functioning correctly. That is tested for the MOT. The ABS as such is not tested. So if, as a result of your ABS failure the warning lights show an incorrect indication, then that will result in an MOT failure. - MOTT

Taken from here:

about half way down

I better find my fault then

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:26
Yours being a N reg, has the later type ABS, so is probably a dry joint in the ABS ECU

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224

I believe the service isn't offered any more, but its handy for the pictures

p fandango
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:30

Taken from here:

about half way down
so as there is no regulation to keep the ABS, & as part of the removal we removed everything including the light it can't illuminate to show a fault which there isn't

p fandango
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:34
just got back off the hols to find a nice few pressies

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/04112011179.jpg
TTV said 3-4weeks, yet here it is :)

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/04112011180.jpg
not exactly the best set-up, no adjustment on the damperning but they were cheap

Volvostorm
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:38
so as there is no regulation to keep the ABS, & as part of the removal we removed everything including the light it can't illuminate to show a fault which there isn't

I would say so, yes.

I'll ask my tester mate tomorrow

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:41

Taken from here:

about half way down

My point exactly. Paul, if you could let us know what you find from your mot m8...?;)

T4Rick
Saturday 5th November 2011, 10:40

Sounds fair enough

Shadow
Saturday 5th November 2011, 18:21
just find the oil pressure warning light wire and wire the abs light in to that. abs light on with the ignition and off when the engine is running. did it on an old 309 gti before and it passed.

T4Rick
Saturday 5th November 2011, 22:00
just find the oil pressure warning light wire and wire the abs light in to that. abs light on with the ignition and off when the engine is running. did it on an old 309 gti before and it passed.

That is a very smart idea lol

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 12:20
started fitting the suspension, but need to get some spring compressors so could only fit the rear shocks & rear spring cup. Lowered it back down with no spring in for now, i want to keep that sort of height lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/06112011182.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/06112011185.jpg

Jamest5r
Sunday 6th November 2011, 12:38
You dont need to compress the springs for the rear's just undo the top of the strut and you can pull the swing arm down enough to get the spring in and then put a jack under the bottom mount and jack the strut back in, i did this yesterday on the mrs car and it worked :)

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 12:45
You dont need to compress the springs for the rear's just undo the top of the strut and you can pull the swing arm down enough to get the spring in and then put a jack under the bottom mount and jack the strut back in, i did this yesterday on the mrs car and it worked :)
yeh the standard springs were soft enough to compress with pipe pliers & cable ties to get it out, but the new springs are harder & got the bigger collar to go over. Must admit i didn't try forcing the arm down just let gravity do its bit, might try again later.

When you say "top of the strut" i guess you mean of the shock, i assume top of the spring just sits in the collar as it just fell out (with a bit of force lol)

Jamest5r
Sunday 6th November 2011, 12:48
Yeah that's what i mean the shock lol, the spring just sit's in the top and yes they will just fall out, if you've got someone else there get them to stand on the swing arm that usually gets it low enough :)

T4Rick
Sunday 6th November 2011, 13:34
Looks nice mate

Shadow
Sunday 6th November 2011, 19:29
i wouldn't leave it like that for too long sitting like that you might damage the shocks as they have been bottomed out and you haven't got any bump stops fitted.

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:23
i wouldn't leave it like that for too long sitting like that you might damage the shocks as they have been bottomed out and you haven't got any bump stops fitted.
i've already bought some spring compressors from Screwfix, just got to pick them up tomorrow then hopefully get the springs fitted in the afternoon. I am serious about trying to get it that low, & i've done a little mod to give about 2" more shock travel before bottoming out than on a normal T-5

Shadow
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:28
you extend the top mounts didn't you.

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:29
you extend the top mounts didn't you.
lmao, i might of done, or i might of just turned them upside down lol

M-R-P
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:32
Aaah so that's why you wanted to see how my top mounts went together! The thread is up now;)

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:36
Aaah so that's why you wanted to see how my top mounts went together! The thread is up now;)
it was the rear mounts i've inverted, i've yet to strip down the front struts which is where your helping me sir ;) (i've have a look at the thread now thanks)

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/15102011149.jpg

Shadow
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:38
was that intentional or did you just put it back together wrong lol?

p fandango
Sunday 6th November 2011, 20:39
was that intentional or did you just put it back together wrong lol?
ah it was a planned screw-up lol

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 13:13
traction control almost done, well when i say done i mean i've glued the switch in place :)

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Misc/07112011188.jpg

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 14:55
got the rear spring in, & now it doesn't look any different than the normal Volvo lowering suspension. certainly doesn't look like the 70mm drop it said on the advert, i'll leave it how it is till its MOT'd & back on the road but can see the springs being ambushed by Mr Angle Grinder once everything's sorted. See how the front goes tomorrow

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/512/rearcoilover.jpg

M-R-P
Monday 7th November 2011, 15:00
got the rear spring in, & now it doesn't look any different than the normal Volvo lowering suspension. certainly doesn't look like the 70mm drop it said on the advert, i'll leave it how it is till its MOT'd & back on the road but can see the springs being ambushed by Mr Angle Grinder once everything's sorted. See how the front goes tomorrow

Perhaps it's something to do with weight (or lack of it!) Chuck a few bags of sand in the back, that'll sort it!;)

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 15:02
Perhaps it's something to do with weight (or lack of it!) Chuck a few bags of sand in the back, that'll sort it!;)
lmao thats defeating the object a bit really, if i cut the spring in half i'll be saving even more weight lol

M-R-P
Monday 7th November 2011, 15:04
Why not just weld the suspension linkage up and do away with the springs and shocks completely? save a ££££load of weight, that would! :hilarious

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 15:08
Why not just weld the suspension linkage up and do away with the springs and shocks completely? save a ££££load of weight, that would! :hilarious
i can't weld, but i like it lol

JT
Monday 7th November 2011, 21:53

thats 70mm with all the usual Volvo interior refinements!!:rolleyes:

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 21:54
thats 70mm with all the usual Volvo interior refinements!!:rolleyes:
thats toss, thats what it is lol

JT
Monday 7th November 2011, 22:39
I'm guess thats as low as it goes?? lol

p fandango
Monday 7th November 2011, 22:48
I'm guess thats as low as it goes?? lol
we'll see about that, but yeh thats with the adjusters on there lowest setting

JT
Monday 7th November 2011, 23:13
hmm, not good

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 13:29
thanks to the replies on my shock thread i've got the front coil-over on, now thats how it should be. Get the rear to match & i'll be happy

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/08112011193.jpg

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 16:27
Innovate AFR kit has just turned up as well, certainly got some wiring to do now lol

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1753/08112011195.jpg

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 19:44
Innovate AFR kit has just turned up as well, certainly got some wiring to do now lol

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1753/08112011195.jpg

and where did you source that from? :)

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 19:50
and where did you source that from? :)
LINK (http://www.burtonpower.com/3795.html). 2days delivery & they even gave me a free diary :)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9118/08112011196.jpg

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 19:53
thanks to the replies on my shock thread i've got the front coil-over on, now thats how it should be. Get the rear to match & i'll be happy

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/08112011193.jpg

Just make sure you know a way out of your estate that hasn't got any speed humps.... or catseyes for that matter ;)

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 19:55
LINK (http://www.burtonpower.com/3795.html). 2days delivery & they even gave me a free diary :)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9118/08112011196.jpg

a diary to help you remember things? :hidesbehi

lol

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:00
Just make sure you know a way out of your estate that hasn't got any speed humps.... or catseyes for that matter ;)
i think its going to be a bumper off job getting down the drive lol. My old ugly bumper never had any problems with speed bumps & was about as low so don't think i'll have any problems once i make it to the road lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/old%20pics/archive4-2.jpg

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:01
a diary to help you remember things? :hidesbehi
i keep forgetting where i put them lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:04
i think its going to be a bumper off job getting down the drive lol. My old ugly bumper never had any problems with speed bumps & was about as low so don't think i'll have any problems once i make it to the road lol

Bumper? more like a chewing gum scraper! pmsl

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:04

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/old%20pics/archive4-2.jpg

dont show me pics of that bumper!
you know it upsets me!:uglyhamme

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:12
dont show me pics of that bumper!
you know it upsets me!:uglyhamme
sorry, i do like that picture (BT with a shine lol). It was a VOC concours meet, when i get to the entrance the woman on the gate said "i guess your for the modified class" lol

just to upset you even more, the bumper when it even sticked up as you'd have it lol

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1253/archivee.jpg

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:23
sorry, i do like that picture (BT with a shine lol). It was a VOC concours meet, when i get to the entrance the woman on the gate said "i guess your for the modified class" lol

just to upset you even more, the bumper when it even sticked up as you'd have it lol

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1253/archivee.jpg

I'm not looking..........:B_censore:B_censore

:finger:

lol

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:33
I'm not looking..........:B_censore:B_censore

:finger:

lol
you won't want to see a pic of the bumper in the hands of its previous owner then, exactly how it would look on your car (except Rydell didn't have wonky stickers lol)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4092/5968420rw9.jpg

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:35
SWEAR FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:36
SWEAR FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
this is fun, i'd be bored if i hadn't got you to wind up. Thanks mate :)

JT
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:40
At least i'm usefull for something! lol

in that AFR kit, does part of that replace the Lambda sensor???

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 20:43
in that AFR kit, does part of that replace the Lambda sensor???
its got an additional lamba sensor you have to put in the exhaust, you get the mounting bung in the kit as well. Ferrita downpipes comes with a spare bung already welded into the pipe ready to use

T4Rick
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 21:53
What size wheels did the touring car use?

p fandango
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 21:58
What size wheels did the touring car use?
19's

T4Rick
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 22:06
What profile tyres did they use lol.Did they use coil overs or std suspension?

Volvostorm
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 22:27
What profile tyres did they use lol.Did they use coil overs or std suspension?

I'm sure they ran Ohlin's type suspension, and racing slicks, in the dry, of course!