PDA

View Full Version : BT's latest phase

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

p fandango
Friday 7th August 2009, 21:02
spent another hour on BT this morning, got some more of the sound deadening out & re-weighed the bag of wire as i haven't done that for a while. 348.8kg now which makes it past another target & overall estimated weight is now under 1200kg (1197.2kg to be exact) which i'm really chuffed about. Also made up some spacers & got the gearlever bolted down properly, just the seat to mount & she's driveable again :banana:

siamblue
Friday 7th August 2009, 22:26
What about some lighter alloys Duane? if funds allow, do you still have that twin exhaust? get rid and make your own 3" one with a small silencer :)

Gary

p fandango
Friday 7th August 2009, 22:57
What about some lighter alloys Duane? if funds allow, do you still have that twin exhaust? get rid and make your own 3" one with a small silencer :)
i might have to get the scales out & weigh all my wheels. BT's got 18's, Bonny's got 17" Thor's & i've got 2 16" Perfo's. I've got a pair if 17" slicks coming so got to get some wheels for them

still got the twin pipes but its got a bypass valve straight after bend on the downpipe. I think i'm going to have to fit a bigger silencer to keep the noise down when normal road driving

i must sort out with you about picking up me bits, i've managed to lose your address aswell DOH

p fandango
Sunday 9th August 2009, 21:36
had a bit of a tidy up & cleaned the wiring up this afternoon, all of the internal wiring goes down the drivers side sill now. The loose wiring by the gearlevel is for the lights etc & got to be extended, loomed up & wired to the new switch panel by the handbrake. Not sure where the main big red wire for the battery feed is going yet as it depends where the master kill switch goes. Ordered some cable tie base mounts to secure to the loom to the car which has to be done yet, can't wait till she starts under her own power at the flick of a switch again

http://xs142.xs.to/xs142/09320/lgim0001768.jpg

http://xs142.xs.to/xs142/09320/lgim0002394.jpg
also got all the extra centre mounted gadgets to wire, boost controller, launch control/full throttle gearshifter, WOT unit, RPM tell-tale & shift light

JUDGENINJA
Monday 10th August 2009, 01:50
what are you going to fill the water pipe inlet hole with...? I currently got a sponge stuffed in there, that I remove to clean the windows when they steam up..

FYI - just a bit of MOT prep for you... when I had mine MOT'd I had to secure the front door openers, I wasn't allowed to just have the wires protruding. Also if you plan to put any rear seats in you'll need some way of opening them from the inside.... I was planning to have a 2 plus 2 arrangement, but being able to remove the rears at an event,,

Last bit... Have thought about raising up the gear selector to give that proper short shift feeling.. All you need is 4 extra long bolts, some steeL tube and someone to spot weld a little frame together out of the steel tubing.. I reckon that I can get mine within 20cms of the steering wheel....

Just remembered another thing... Many moons ago I asked about the steering boss (PM back in the volvot5 days)... At the time you couldn't remember what model it was for... Can you remember now???

p fandango
Monday 10th August 2009, 16:06
what are you going to fill the water pipe inlet hole with...? I currently got a sponge stuffed in there, that I remove to clean the windows when they steam up..
i was going to make a small blanking plate the same shape as the pipe grommet & screw it in, but i'm not sure the MSA will pass it so might end up making a complete alloy firewall to skim the original bulkhead

FYI - just a bit of MOT prep for you... when I had mine MOT'd I had to secure the front door openers, I wasn't allowed to just have the wires protruding. Also if you plan to put any rear seats in you'll need some way of opening them from the inside.... I was planning to have a 2 plus 2 arrangement, but being able to remove the rears at an event,,
rear seats, half the time i doubt i'll have the passenger seat in lol. I've kept the original front door releases tho & fix them to the alloy door skin once i sort it. Rear doors are having the lock/unlock inside & open only from the outside

Last bit... Have thought about raising up the gear selector to give that proper short shift feeling.. All you need is 4 extra long bolts, some steeL tube and someone to spot weld a little frame together out of the steel tubing.. I reckon that I can get mine within 20cms of the steering wheel....
the gearlever is slightly raised but quite happy how it is, i think the full throttle shift will make alot more notice than a quick shift

Just remembered another thing... Many moons ago I asked about the steering boss (PM back in the volvot5 days)... At the time you couldn't remember what model it was for... Can you remember now???
lol if i couldn't remember it then you've got no chance now, but i'll have a look for a part number when the wheel is off again mate

JUDGENINJA
Monday 10th August 2009, 18:20
..... Rear doors are having the lock/unlock inside & open only from the outside....

Don't have any seats in the rear when you MOT it.. I was referred to the construction and use regs.... Basically I had to give rear passengers a route of escape....I did mention the two front doors could a route, but he wasn't having any of it..... So if I ain't got no rear seats or belts I can't carry anyone...

p fandango
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 23:04
Don't have any seats in the rear when you MOT it.. I was referred to the construction and use regs.... Basically I had to give rear passengers a route of escape....I did mention the two front doors could a route, but he wasn't having any of it..... So if I ain't got no rear seats or belts I can't carry anyone...
i wonder how 3 door family cars get away with it then? lol

my spot-weld cutters have turned up now so waiting to get my extension lead back then all the rear seat brackets (& any other brackets) are going in the bin, just to make sure they can't be fitted back in again lol

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 23:52
i wonder how 3 door family cars get away with it then? lol
Again refer to construction and use regs. Seats specifically designed(tilt and slide). If the bizzy's had anything extra they could make you SVA it...(single vehicle approval)

My spot-weld cutters have turned up now so waiting to get my extension lead back then all the rear seat brackets (& any other brackets) are going in the bin, just to make sure they can't be fitted back in again lol
Oh good it's a load of fun!!!! Seat belt mounts, centre console mounts.... fun fun fun!

p fandango
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 23:56
Oh good it's a load of fun!!!! Seat belt mounts, centre console mounts.... fun fun fun!
i'm curious to see how well/easily it gets thru the welds, but my bro has robbed the extension lead so got to wait :parhmph:

p fandango
Thursday 13th August 2009, 16:42
got the seat back in yest, i wasn't happy with the universal mounting & how it had twisted etc after being fitted before. So i've modified it & use the original X-member to mount the front of the seat to, meaning its lower & further forward than the first time they were fitted. Couldn't help but have a seat & strap myself in, nice to have it feeling like a car again

http://xs142.xs.to/xs142/09334/14372.jpg

been out this afternoon & get get the colour codes for the rear light wiring. While i was at it i thought i'd try all the other remaining wiring, & everything still works perfectly, even fired up & ran the first flick of the switch

850 2.5 10v
Thursday 13th August 2009, 16:50
All you have to worry about now is how much weight to put back in it.

Yourself
+
Fuel

p fandango
Thursday 13th August 2009, 16:52
All you have to worry about now is how much weight to put back in it.

Yourself
+
Fuel
the fuel gauge is already just above the red, can we change the subject instead of talking about my weight please lol

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 13th August 2009, 16:58
nice to have it feeling like a car again

Apart from everything has been removed out of it LOL

smithy
Thursday 13th August 2009, 17:15
the fuel gauge is already just above the red, can we change the subject instead of talking about my weight please lol

are you bringing the car to the strip on the 6/8/09 mate it would be nice to see it and how it goes next to my 135 bhp 940 lpt saloon lol

p fandango
Thursday 13th August 2009, 17:44
Apart from everything has been removed out of it LOL
theirs a steering wheel & a speedo, what more does it need lol (actually, does it need them lol)

p fandango
Thursday 13th August 2009, 17:46
are you bringing the car to the strip on the 6/8/09 mate it would be nice to see it and how it goes next to my 135 bhp 940 lpt saloon lol
i was going to get it trailered there but tbh the expense of that is better put towards getting it back on the road. I'm not sure what the plans are yet, might not be able to make it, might just watch, or might give the tractor a thrash (we could have a good race if you're up for it lol)

smithy
Thursday 13th August 2009, 22:40
i was going to get it trailered there but tbh the expense of that is better put towards getting it back on the road. I'm not sure what the plans are yet, might not be able to make it, might just watch, or might give the tractor a thrash (we could have a good race if you're up for it lol)

well if you are slower than a 28 sec quater i might have a chance lol

p fandango
Friday 21st August 2009, 23:43
got a set of blue injectors & a FSE fuel pressure regulator as well now thanks to FFM, not fitted either yet & might have to wait till i get the TT ecu so all can be set-up right

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5651/picturemda.jpg

i've also cut more of the wiring back to the fuseholder & got the weight removed upto 240kg, just 10kg more. I did have a very scary moment after cutting all the wiring & not being able to get BT started, thought i'd really screwed it up but remembered the starter motor is off a flick switch so turning the key won't start it DOH

p fandango
Sunday 23rd August 2009, 16:30
actually spent the day putting wires in, got the dash loom done & all the power & earths are wired together on everything now. To do my bit for the enviroment (& being skint) i re-used the wire i'd took out, just got the sensors & inputs to wire now

http://xs842.xs.to/xs842/09340/lgim0003495.jpg

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 10:00
done a bit more wiring yest.

dials still work OK
RPM tell-tale works
Apexi powers up, measures throttle position & RPM, just got the speed, boost sensor & solenoid to wire
the WOT unit doesn't work, not sure if its the unit or i've wired it wrong. It was only going to be used as a T-5R style overboost on full throttle so no real lose
Launch control relay works, but not sure of which wire on the coil yet so not finished

still got the rear lights to wire back up, the light switches on the new box unit to wire & some wires in the engine bay to tidy & shorten

the lauch control is a home made system to keep the revs accurate to help get the car off the line. On a turbo its hard to get the right revs, too much & the turbo spools up & spins the wheels, not enough & it bogs down. Its basically a second rev-limiter set to around 3.5k rpm (adjustable) so you can keep the throttle floored & just concerntrate on the clutch & getting the power put down right. Last year i had the system wired to the steering wheel button but i've now moved it onto a sensor on the clutch switch so its fully automatic. The system will now also cut in during gearchanges so no need to back off the throttle. I used the system to prove to a bloke at work that his Audi wasn't quick, i think BT sat at the lights with the exhaust sounding like a machine gun must of scared him more than anything lol

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 30th August 2009, 15:53
LOL PF.

So is your launch control a kit you build yourself?

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 16:00
done a bit more wiring yest.

dials still work OK
RPM tell-tale works
Apexi powers up, measures throttle position & RPM, just got the speed, boost sensor & solenoid to wire
the WOT unit doesn't work, not sure if its the unit or i've wired it wrong. It was only going to be used as a T-5R style overboost on full throttle so no real lose
Launch control relay works, but not sure of which wire on the coil yet so not finished

still got the rear lights to wire back up, the light switches on the new box unit to wire & some wires in the engine bay to tidy & shorten

the lauch control is a home made system to keep the revs accurate to help get the car off the line. On a turbo its hard to get the right revs, too much & the turbo spools up & spins the wheels, not enough & it bogs down. Its basically a second rev-limiter set to around 3.5k rpm (adjustable) so you can keep the throttle floored & just concerntrate on the clutch & getting the power put down right. Last year i had the system wired to the steering wheel button but i've now moved it onto a sensor on the clutch switch so its fully automatic. The system will now also cut in during gearchanges so no need to back off the throttle. I used the system to prove to a bloke at work that his Audi wasn't quick, i think BT sat at the lights with the exhaust sounding like a machine gun must of scared him more than anything lol

Any good wi hoovers?

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 20:59
So is your launch control a kit you build yourself?
not a kit as such. Its a standard Omex rev-limiter, an on-off switch, an extra brake pedal switch mounted onto the clutch pedal, & a relay in the coil lead (the Omex didn't like being wired but not powered up, so have to disconnect the signal feed to deactive it when the clutch is released)

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 21:00
Any good wi hoovers?
not sure tbh mate, how many kg's do you want removing from it? lol

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 21:36
not sure tbh mate, how many kg's do you want removing from it? lol

Haw haw!! Emptying it would remove a few...What's your favourite biscuit?..

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 21:39
Haw haw!! Emptying it would remove a few...What's your favourite biscuit?..
got to be the sugar covered "NICE" biscuits, but it'd be a Bakewell tart everday if i had a choice

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 21:42
got to be the sugar covered "NICE" biscuits, but it'd be a Bakewell tart everday if i had a choice

Ah the Bakewells........Mate,I'm not goin' to hi-jack this one for the next biscuit thread....It wouldn't be right...

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:02
Ah the Bakewells........Mate,I'm not goin' to hi-jack this one for the next biscuit thread....It wouldn't be right...
thought we'd already got a hijacked biscuit thread somewhere anyway?

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:07
[QUOTE=p fandango;253270]thought we'd already got a hijacked biscuit thread somewhere anyway?[/QUOTE
Have my eye on more than one Duane.....

p fandango
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:08
Have my eye on more than one Duane.....
oh dear lol

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:17
oh dear lol

Keeps them on their toes,was thinking about hi-jackin' one for hoovers. I like hoovers..

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 13:59
Mr Grinder came out briefly again today. Took another 1.4kg off the inside of the bootlid, still think their about 2.5-3kg to come off the boot yet.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/176/lgim0002w.jpg
241.4kg now gone

PS i got me Bakewells for tonight midnight snack

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 14:05
Mr Grinder came out briefly again today. Took another 1.4kg off the inside of the bootlid, still think their about 2.5-3kg to come off the boot yet.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/176/lgim0002w.jpg
241.4kg now gone

PS i got me Bakewells for tonight midnight snack

Tarts or slices?....

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 14:08
Tarts or slices?....
has to be tarts, slices aren't quite the same (& there smaller lol)

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 14:13
I prefer slices but just can't resist a tart........:wink:

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 17:55
got bored again so had another go on the boot lid, got another bracket off & got really bored & sanded the bonding off (not sure how much that weighs lol)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2641/lgim0001.jpg
sorry about the naff photo, but i wasn't coming back in the house to get my proper camera

242kg gone, 8kg till my next target & 1/4 of a ton removed

JelT5
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:14
got bored again so had another go on the boot lid, got another bracket off & got really bored & sanded the bonding off (not sure how much that weighs lol)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2641/lgim0001.jpg
sorry about the naff photo, but i wasn't coming back in the house to get my proper camera

242kg gone, 8kg till my next target & 1/4 of a ton removed

Why bother having a bootlid at all mate? Make one out of newspaper and paint it ;) No one will ever notice lol

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:22
Why bother having a bootlid at all mate? Make one out of newspaper and paint it ;) No one will ever notice lol

Just humour him Jerry.........He's happy..

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 19:03
at the minute i'm having to remove the bootlid everyday to connect the battery while i sort the wiring out, & i know there are few clues i'm trying to keep the outside looking standard(ish)

i have go a contact who said she can make anything i want out of fibre glass (or carbon fibre) so might get just a boot skin made eventually to clip on

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 19:05
Just humour him Jerry.........He's happy..
oh yes :firedevil

sen
Monday 31st August 2009, 21:49
££££ing ell!!!! now that is a list what credit munch lol

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:20
££££ing ell!!!! now that is a list what credit munch lol
lol thanks mate, its took over 10years to get her to that spec, & only a couple of monthes to rip everything out lol

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:24
lol thanks mate, its took over 10years to get her to that spec, & only a couple of monthes to rip everything out lol

Have you told the insurance that you're now flying a kite?

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:31
Have you told the insurance that you're now flying a kite?
all the mods were declared when she was on the road, but i've let the insurance lapse while she's off the road & i do the work. I'm dreading trying to talk them thru it all, the last time they actually asked me if i'd installed an intercooler to raise the boost :blowingup

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:38
all the mods were declared when she was on the road, but i've let the insurance lapse while she's off the road & i do the work. I'm dreading trying to talk them thru it all, the last time they actually asked me if i'd installed an intercooler to raise the boost :blowingup

Good luck wi that,Duane. Doesn't matter how honest you are. Check out the small print,in particular the line that reads,and I quote.." This policy will not pay out under any circumstances"........

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:52
Good luck wi that,Duane. Doesn't matter how honest you are. Check out the small print,in particular the line that reads,and I quote.." This policy will not pay out under any circumstances"........
hmm tell me about it, luckily i've never had a (major) accident & had to claim off the insurance yet. When i had the nitrous fitted there was only one company who would insure me with it, there condition was the bottle is turned off when on the road. What an easy cop out that would of been if i did have to claim, "sorry we found the bottle was open" so turns the case into my word against theirs & i know who won, i always removed the pipe just to make sure

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 11:14
another 0.7kg off, took me 2 angle grinders to do it but i've cut the centre out of the bumper reinforcement. Total now 242.7kg removed

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2363/picture016g.jpg
hey look, i can see the intercooler from here (just lol)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3916/picture014l.jpg
fed up of taking the front skirt off everytime i did they same as TWR did on the BTCC car & drilled access holes in it, the whole bumper comes off in 1 piece now (wonder if they'll let me race like that lol)

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 11:55
today i've been mainly playing with the pop-riveter.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6455/picture015vj.jpg
altho i had brought bonnet pins to secure the bootlid down i wasn't keen on them, so a quick trip to B&Q found some nice small draw-bolt latches i preferred. Managed to scratch the paint in a couple of plaecs when the gun slipped, but its too be expected now :frown:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4840/picture016f.jpg
not to be out done i had to use Mr Angle Grinder Junior, made a bracket to hold the battery cut-off switch. Made from a £2.50 L bracket again from B&Q, Demon tweeks wanted £22 (it was alloy & a bit posher). Just got to creep round my bro to put the terminals on the wire for me now, & run the external pull-chord to it

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1601/picture018y.jpg
i've also rewired the lights switches (headlights & rear fog) onto the panel by the handbrake so no more loose wires hanging from the dash/bulkhead. Just got the fan over-ride & exahaust valve into the panel now

JelT5
Friday 4th September 2009, 12:08
today i've been mainly playing with the pop-riveter.

Good man!

altho i had brought bonnet pins to secure the bootlid down i wasn't keen on them, so a quick trip to B&Q found some nice small draw-bolt latches i preferred. Managed to scratch the paint in a couple of plaecs when the gun slipped, but its too be expected now :frown:

Looks good :) apart from the scratches lol

not to be out done i had to use Mr Angle Grinder Junior, made a bracket to hold the battery cut-off switch. Made from a £2.50 L bracket again from B&Q, Demon tweeks wanted £22 (it was alloy & a bit posher). Just got to creep round my bro to put the terminals on the wire for me now, & run the external pull-chord to it

can I stop mourning for Mr AG senior now please mate ;)

i've also rewired the lights switches (headlights & rear fog) onto the panel by the handbrake so no more loose wires hanging from the dash/bulkhead. Just got the fan over-ride & exahaust valve into the panel now

Good stuff dude- like the interior; proper race car nearly!

PaulZX
Friday 4th September 2009, 12:41
gettin on with her then....?

Time's getting tight to get her on track this year.....

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 12:48
Good man!
it doesn't feel right fitting stuff onto BT lol

Looks good :) apart from the scratches lol
it'll be good to get her weather prove & that car cover took off her then, can't wait to give her a wash & polish just to see how she looks all nice again

can I stop mourning for Mr AG senior now please mate ;)
you heartless sod you. Just because no-one mourned the loss of your gearbox, think we had a party when we found out another auto had left this world (only messing lol)

Good stuff dude- like the interior; proper race car nearly!
i'm still worried about how noisey its going to be in there lol

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 12:50
gettin on with her then....?

Time's getting tight to get her on track this year.....
i can't see her on the track this year tbh, still got the windscreen to replace & MOT to get. I'll set Flame & Thunder as my target but we'll see. Not much more to do really, got the windscreen to do & rear lights to wire, but almost MOTable then

PaulZX
Friday 4th September 2009, 13:01
you got somewhere for the mot, have ya?

If not, I'm sure andy will do it for ya.....

JelT5
Friday 4th September 2009, 13:14
it doesn't feel right fitting stuff onto BT lol

Fair point there.

you heartless sod you. Just because no-one mourned the loss of your gearbox, think we had a party when we found out another auto had left this world (only messing lol)

Heartless? FFS! I cried myself to sleep the other night thinking about Mr AG's demise.
As for my autobox, well I didn't expect any sympathy from you miserable fokkers LOL

i'm still worried about how noisey its going to be in there lol

I haven't really got any pics of my old RS interior, but it looked similar to yours and was noisey as f@ck inside and out! Coupla pics below...the 44idfs made a beautiful induction roar :biggrin:

cameron
Friday 4th September 2009, 13:43
Blimey PF you'll have a plastic windscreen next :doh:

Cant be much weight left to loose now :confused:

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 14:12
you got somewhere for the mot, have ya?

If not, I'm sure andy will do it for ya.....
thanks mate, i was going to use the one over in Warwick Brett uses. If they pass his VW wrecks with no issues then BT should be ok lol, i'll keep Andy in mind tho

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 14:18
Heartless? FFS! I cried myself to sleep the other night thinking about Mr AG's demise.
As for my autobox, well I didn't expect any sympathy from you miserable fokkers LOL
my appologises mate, i didn't realise his death had affected anyone else quite like it had me. As for the auto box, well this is the "Volvo PERFORMANCE club" & with some Fisher Price kids toys having more gears than your car doesn't quite cut the mustard in my book boyo lol (before i get every auto owner on the forum flaming me, or even out to beat me up Sunday i am just messing lol)

I haven't really got any pics of my old RS interior, but it looked similar to yours and was noisey as f@ck inside and out! Coupla pics below...the 44idfs made a beautiful induction roar :biggrin:
very nice, is that a MkI or MkII Escort?

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 14:26
Blimey PF you'll have a plastic windscreen next :doh:

Cant be much weight left to loose now :confused:
i've got a feeling the windscreen has to be glass by-law for some reason, i'll stick with that anyway

parts to be removed

rear bumper foam & spacer
sound deadening
rear seat support
bracket on handbrake console
bracket for rear seat upright
ABS
towbar

then i'm going to start lightening panels ie drill holes behind the door rubbing strips etc

cornclose
Friday 4th September 2009, 14:34
Fuel economy should be brill with all that weight gone :wow:

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 14:51
Fuel economy should be brill with all that weight gone :wow:
perhaps i should put a D5 engine in her as well, i've removed the trip computer just to make sure i can't see the mpg lol

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 16:27
got bored again so made the mounting bracket up for the temp gauges

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/337/lgim0005x.jpg
don't worry, its aluminium so doesn't weigh much lol

AlanG
Monday 7th September 2009, 01:06
That wee black box sitting the er dash wouldn't be a Road Angel now,would it?:shifty:

p fandango
Monday 7th September 2009, 14:22
That wee black box sitting the er dash wouldn't be a Road Angel now,would it?:shifty:
no thats my WOT (wide open throttle) unit. Its currently used to trip the Apexi's overboost so works like the T-5R ecu, only i can control how much extra boost it gives at full throttle, & for how long. It can be used to control nitrous, water injection, intercooler spray or basically anything that you want to work when you hit full throttle

JelT5
Monday 7th September 2009, 16:20
my appologises mate, i didn't realise his death had affected anyone else quite like it had me. As for the auto box, well this is the "Volvo PERFORMANCE club" & with some Fisher Price kids toys having more gears than your car doesn't quite cut the mustard in my book boyo lol (before i get every auto owner on the forum flaming me, or even out to beat me up Sunday i am just messing lol)

Having had to mourn Mr Hitachi-110V some years ago, it was a bit distressing ;)

Fisher Price hahaha. There's really no answer for that one...apart from, yes!

very nice, is that a MkI or MkII Escort?

Mk II buddy. Spent quite alot on it- inner wings were like cobwebs when I bought it as with most RSs of that era. Bought it for £750 in 1996. They seem to fetch big bucks now.

cragmaz
Sunday 13th September 2009, 11:34
Car is awesome pal, well done!!!!

wish i had the balls to do what you done!, bet its rather swift eh!

Craig

p fandango
Sunday 13th September 2009, 18:15
Car is awesome pal, well done!!!!

wish i had the balls to do what you done!, bet its rather swift eh!
nice one thanks, i haven't drove it for about 4months now so no idea how much the weight saving has affected it. Is it balls or stupidity lol

p fandango
Thursday 17th September 2009, 19:57
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9629/35526337.jpg
the alloy sheet finally arrived to blank off the sunroof yesterday, i've pop-rivetted it over the hole but quite happy with how well the rivets hide.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6822/84427864.jpg
The original plan was to paint it black, but think the bare silver makes it look like a normal glass sunroof so its getting left as is

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3151/26861894.jpg
& the good thing is with BT now being water-tight again the car cover can be ditched

sen
Thursday 17th September 2009, 20:55
Looking good ped!!!!

PaulZX
Thursday 17th September 2009, 20:59
can't we sneak her out at 2am, and go for a rip yet? I'll stay behind you in the fridge mover....

it cracks me up when I look at the gap in yer arches.... :lol:

p fandango
Friday 18th September 2009, 19:08
Looking good ped!!!!
yeh she's getting there, nice to see her out in the open again

p fandango
Friday 18th September 2009, 19:11
can't we sneak her out at 2am, and go for a rip yet? I'll stay behind you in the fridge mover....
erm she's actually out of petrol at the minute, or i've finally cut a wire i shouldn't of lol. Its actually quite annoyed me because they've stopped working on the neighbours house so i could finally wheel her down the drive & take some pick of BT & Bonny together :(

it cracks me up when I look at the gap in yer arches.... :lol:
don't worry plans are a foot, got to get some more grinding discs then let little bro loose on the springs

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5315/white3094.jpg
his old car after a few coils went missing from the springs. No its not a trick pic like my BT one, his car is empty

sen
Friday 18th September 2009, 20:31
££££ me has that got any springs at all Fooook lmao

p fandango
Friday 18th September 2009, 20:41
££££ me has that got any springs at all Fooook lmao
the 309 did, his Astra didn't (not sure about the fronts, but the rear was running on just the shocks) & was quite fun to drive actually felt like a go-kart

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1973/astra2z.jpg

p fandango
Saturday 19th September 2009, 15:05
couldn't be bothered to do much today, buut did have a quick play around with the passenger seat & in the boot

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5738/14054703.jpg
i decided to just have the seat bolted in perminant with no runner (as i'd knackered it) & want to see what it was like fitted straight onto the floor

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4944/64340910.jpg
a bit further back & lower will help shift some of the weight back as well

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9536/90051490.jpg
i had to sit in it, & i can still see out the windows so not bad going, depending how others get on i can always fit spacers

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5953/32801180.jpg
also fitted the battery tray properly, its in the same place as before but bolted it thru the floor now instead of just being held with self-tapping screws

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1663/13143306.jpg
also fitted the screen wash bottle, not plumbed it or wired it in yet tho

t5_carl
Saturday 19th September 2009, 15:38
you cant beat cut springs!i normally cut mine in half, like here!lol
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/cossiecrazycarl/side1.jpg

p fandango
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 19:50
despite having the whole day off today i basically did nothing, knackered my cone cutter so ended up just doing the pilot holes for one of the rear doors

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/466/96709816.jpg
the holes will be bigger once i get a decent hole cutter, looks a bit of a mess but you can't see whats missing with the rubbing strip back on

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5513/63668389.jpg
for some reason i don't think i'll have any problems with water collecting in the doors lol

total weight removed 245.2kg, only another 4.8kg (which is easy to find) till the magic 1/4 of a ton :)

PaulZX
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 20:38
once them springs are done, you'll be at yer target buddy....

you still poppin in tomorrow?

p fandango
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:08
once them springs are done, you'll be at yer target buddy....
yeh, Daz is best with them so got to get him round to cut them (& get some more grinding discs)

you still poppin in tomorrow?
oh yeh i'd forgot already lol, got training at work from 9 so won't be till the early evening

PaulZX
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:12
yeh, Daz is best with them so got to get him round to cut them (& get some more grinding discs)

oh yeh i'd forgot already lol, got training at work from 9 so won't be till the early evening

no worries mate, I'm going nowhere until payday on friday...

goin a bit stir crazy, I've been in online all week tryin to get parts for the zed....

p fandango
Thursday 1st October 2009, 21:50
no worries mate, I'm going nowhere until payday on friday...
DOH sorry i didn't make it round mate, will be round to soon tho

p fandango
Thursday 1st October 2009, 21:58
:partysmil BIG target reached now over 250kg (250.6kg to be exact) & it has got more to come off. Removing just the swan-neck from the towbar which weigh'd 5.7kg was enough to clear my 1/4ton goal. I'm having to cut the rest of the towbar off but still think its going to be a good old weight. Also got the rear bonnet pins also done, the pins are in & secure & the holes drilled in the bonnet skin, just got to screw the latches on

sen
Friday 2nd October 2009, 09:44
:partysmil BIG target reached now over 250kg (250.6kg to be exact) & it has got more to come off. Removing just the swan-neck from the towbar which weigh'd 5.7kg was enough to clear my 1/4ton goal. I'm having to cut the rest of the towbar off but still think its going to be a good old weight. Also got the rear bonnet pins also done, the pins are in & secure & the holes drilled in the bonnet skin, just got to screw the latches on

Champagne out then :band:

JelT5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 11:24

Well done mate- excellent stuff! What's the car's weight now that it's lost 250+kg?

How is young Master Angle Grinder doing? Not killed him yet I hope!
I couldn't stand to go thru all the heartache and loss on your behalf yet again ;)

p fandango
Friday 2nd October 2009, 23:51
Champagne out then :band:
not Champagne but a cheap night on the Fosters lol (that explains some of my c*ap posts tonight lol)

p fandango
Friday 2nd October 2009, 23:56
Well done mate- excellent stuff! What's the car's weight now that it's lost 250+kg?
going by Volvo's average book weight (1436kg) it should be about 1185.4kg now, once BT is back on the road FFM has a contact who has kindly said will weigh for so we can get a true figure

How is young Master Angle Grinder doing? Not killed him yet I hope!
I couldn't stand to go thru all the heartache and loss on your behalf yet again ;)
he's still got a bit of an appetite & chewing thru discs so had a bit of a rest while i top-up on supplies, got the rear bumper to lighten next which is what killed Mr Angle Grinder Senior so time will tell lol

p fandango
Saturday 10th October 2009, 15:04
Mr angle grinder junior has been having a bit of a rest recently, but the cobwebs came off & removed some more metal from the bootlid. Another 0.7kg off making the total 251.3kg

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2148/14867438.jpg

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 10th October 2009, 15:14
Here's a thought, if you made up a wafer thin plastic boot lid that would save you a lot of weight. :)

Tomcat
Saturday 10th October 2009, 15:44
Oh the poor,poor car, what have you done to it??...

p fandango
Saturday 10th October 2009, 15:53
Here's a thought, if you made up a wafer thin plastic boot lid that would save you a lot of weight. :)
i have got someone who does very good work with fibreglass & said she will make anything i want, but its all down to having the money so just doing what i can with what i've got at the minute

p fandango
Saturday 10th October 2009, 15:55
Oh the poor,poor car, what have you done to it??...
turning her into a weekend toy, she's too thirsty to use as a daily drive & wouldn't get half of what i paid to have the 19t fitted if i tried to sell her

Tomcat
Saturday 10th October 2009, 16:07
I'm just pulling your leg Pedro...in the end it's better than having to sell it isn't it?....Plus if you ever need to work on it you wont need a jack will you?, although you might need some tie downs to stop it blowing away.

p fandango
Saturday 10th October 2009, 17:11
I'm just pulling your leg Pedro...in the end it's better than having to sell it isn't it?....Plus if you ever need to work on it you wont need a jack will you?, although you might need some tie downs to stop it blowing away.
tbh mate i even question myself to whether i've done the right thing or not, when i look back to how comfy & clean she was when i first got her & look how she is now it is a bit of a shame. Fingers crossed she'll make it all worth it once she hits the strip again

PaulZX
Saturday 10th October 2009, 18:10
tbh mate i even question myself to whether i've done the right thing or not, when i look back to how comfy & clean she was when i first got her & look how she is now it is a bit of a shame. Fingers crossed she'll make it all worth it once she hits the strip again

you have your target time young tarmac warrior..... side-by-side one your first run would be nice.... ;)

p fandango
Saturday 10th October 2009, 18:21
you have your target time young tarmac warrior..... side-by-side one your first run would be nice.... ;)
2 T-5's doing a sub-14 whilest racing against each other would (sorry will) make a lovely video :biggrin:

PaulZX
Saturday 10th October 2009, 19:54
2 T-5's doing a sub-14 whilest racing against each other would (sorry will) make a lovely video :biggrin:

Amen to that... :)

p fandango
Saturday 17th October 2009, 15:42
with one thing & anything i haven't had much time to do any more work on BT, did manage to tidy the main battery wire up this morning tho & run the pipe for the screen bottle into the engine bay

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4969/73626410.jpg

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:31
yay finally got the bloody rear bumper off, it was the small studs either end of the bumper holding it on (& the rust lol). With the help of Mr Angle Grinder Junior & Mr Recirc Saw i got quite alot of the towbar off, & binned the foam from inside the bumper. 259.6kg now gone :shockedbi

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9526/lgim0002.jpg

JelT5
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:37
yay finally got the bloody rear bumper off, it was the small studs either end of the bumper holding it on (& the rust lol). With the help of Mr Angle Grinder Junior & Mr Recirc Saw i got quite alot of the towbar off, & binned the foam from inside the bumper. 259.6kg now gone :shockedbi

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9526/lgim0002.jpg

Good man! It's good to see the bits n bobs still coming off mate :biggrin:

Also good to know both Mr Recirc and AG are in action!

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:39
Good man! It's good to see the bits n bobs still coming off mate :biggrin:

Also good to know both Mr Recirc and AG are in action!
the list of bits for the bin is getting very small now tho mate, got to get a decent hole saw so i can start lightening the remaining panels then lol

hows things with you then mate, the go-kart still going strong? lol

850 2.5 10v
Monday 2nd November 2009, 14:06
Plastic rear and side windows?

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 14:11
Plastic rear and side windows?
the four door windows are already perspex, might get round to doing the rear screen but we'll

phil_woods
Monday 2nd November 2009, 16:17
Ped this is the first time I have read this thread and I am amazed you should be proud of the amount of work u have done.

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 21:16
Ped this is the first time I have read this thread and I am amazed you should be proud of the amount of work u have done.
why thank you sir. I'm very proud of how BT is coming along, even tho everything is just getting ditched & thrown in the bin i'm still trying to keep it looking clean & organised. Just can't wait to get her back on the road

JelT5
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 09:17
the list of bits for the bin is getting very small now tho mate, got to get a decent hole saw so i can start lightening the remaining panels then lol

hows things with you then mate, the go-kart still going strong? lol

Go kart running well due to recent and long overdue service! Oil changes every 3k but hadn't had plugs, dizzy cap etc done for 15k oops...may well do a manual swap next year if I can find a cheap P1 70T5 as a donor. Keep yer eyes peeled mate! Will want it next summer. Decided I prob won't get a TVR now; like the sleeper anonimity of the ovlov too much!

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 09:33
Go kart running well due to recent and long overdue service! Oil changes every 3k but hadn't had plugs, dizzy cap etc done for 15k oops...may well do a manual swap next year if I can find a cheap P1 70T5 as a donor. Keep yer eyes peeled mate! Will want it next summer. Decided I prob won't get a TVR now; like the sleeper anonimity of the ovlov too much!
glad all is well mate, your meant to change the plugs? lol. Manual swop sounds like a good plan (not that i'm anti-auto or anything lol), won't a manual 850 do as a donor?

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 09:37
been out annoying the neighbours already this morning, cut the rear bumper reinforcement up. Still got more to remove from the remaining bits but thats another 3.2kg in the bin (262.8kg total now)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3381/lgim0003y.jpg

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 11:46
thats a bit better, still want to get some more off it but Mr Angle Grinder Junior has now also departed. I thought it had just shorted out becuase of the rain, but its gone into limp home mode & think its the brushes in the motor have gone like Mr Senior. Think i need to invest in a decent make next time not the B&Q specials

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3930/lgim0001z.jpg

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 23:06
I have a bosch one that has just kept on going and going, had the cheap ones and they didn't last long at all. It tuns and sounds really smooth compared to the cheapo ones. And they're not that expensive really

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 23:40
I have a bosch one that has just kept on going and going, had the cheap ones and they didn't last long at all. It tuns and sounds really smooth compared to the cheapo ones. And they're not that expensive really
been looking round the online shops today & tbh i didn't see any Bosch ones. Machine Mart have got a heavy duty Clarke grinder with a good old 1010watt motor for £32 which is top of the list so far

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 10:11
I only paid about £36 for the one I got now, it is only a small one with the 4inch discs.

B&Q have got one for £38 at the moment, so theres bound to be a place which will do it cheaper

p fandango
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 11:44
just found it on B&Who website, i might be able to return Junior & make up the difference for the Bosch. I do like the idea of having over 1000watt (not power mad, honest) so not 100% sure yet. Are Clarke any good, i know there known for there welders?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/con115-41-2in-angle-grinder-230v

JelT5
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 13:17
thats a bit better, still want to get some more off it but Mr Angle Grinder Junior has now also departed. I thought it had just shorted out becuase of the rain, but its gone into limp home mode & think its the brushes in the motor have gone like Mr Senior. Think i need to invest in a decent make next time not the B&Q specials

I'm wearing the black armband yet again mate...

Had I known you were looking for a good pair of AGs when I was back in UK last week you coulda had my AG junior and senior at a special price bud. Dirt cheap in other words! They're now in the hands of a hairy Cheltenham builder and heading for an early grave :(

p fandango
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 13:58
I'm wearing the black armband yet again mate...
thanks mate, i think i'm keeping B&Q in profit by using cheap grinders lol

Had I known you were looking for a good pair of AGs when I was back in UK last week you coulda had my AG junior and senior at a special price bud. Dirt cheap in other words! They're now in the hands of a hairy Cheltenham builder and heading for an early grave :(
just my luck lol, thanks anyway mate

JelT5
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 19:53
glad all is well mate, your meant to change the plugs? lol. Manual swop sounds like a good plan (not that i'm anti-auto or anything lol), won't a manual 850 do as a donor?

Apparently not all the bits from an 850 will fit a V70...I always thought that the P1 70 was a facelifted 850, but the guy who is prepared to do the work for me says not; so have to find a V70 nice n cheap :)

p fandango
Thursday 5th November 2009, 06:39
Apparently not all the bits from an 850 will fit a V70...I always thought that the P1 70 was a facelifted 850, but the guy who is prepared to do the work for me says not; so have to find a V70 nice n cheap :)
i'd of thought everything would fit as well, the gearbox will so got to be the something on the pedal box side thats different. You could just buy a proper manual 850 for racing & keep the gokart for everyday use, save messing about changing the gearbox on any car

JelT5
Thursday 5th November 2009, 07:37
i'd of thought everything would fit as well, the gearbox will so got to be the something on the pedal box side thats different. You could just buy a proper manual 850 for racing & keep the gokart for everyday use, save messing about changing the gearbox on any car

It's crossed my mind mate; maybe Tomcat will sell me his T5R next summer, if he's not got rid of it by then :)

BUT...

It'll cost me nearly double the cost of the box swap will do to get it registered etc over here...thats a couple of grand that could be well spent on go faster/ handling bits :firedevil

p fandango
Thursday 5th November 2009, 08:47
It'll cost me nearly double the cost of the box swap will do to get it registered etc over here...thats a couple of grand that could be well spent on go faster/ handling bits :firedevil
why register it there then? lol

glad to see everything in Frenchland isn't just eating snails & drinking wine, you don't get everything your own way & they do try & rob you like over here lol

JelT5
Thursday 5th November 2009, 11:20
why register it there then? lol

glad to see everything in Frenchland isn't just eating snails & drinking wine, you don't get everything your own way & they do try & rob you like over here lol

yech! snails- no thanks! prefer slugs mate lol

UK insurers don't like non UK residents which is why I'd have to register it here; lhd lights, certificate of conformity etc; it's not difficult, just a bit pricey when you add it all together :(

p fandango
Thursday 5th November 2009, 11:33
yech! snails- no thanks! prefer slugs mate lol
ah le McDonalds lol (or is Ronald McDonald actually feminine lol)

UK insurers don't like non UK residents which is why I'd have to register it here; lhd lights, certificate of conformity etc; it's not difficult, just a bit pricey when you add it all together :(
UK insurers don't like anyone mate lol. Wouldn't you need to get the V70 reconformed after the manual conversion is or that classed as a minor mod (or won't they know its been done lol)

i want to do some grinding :cry:

p fandango
Saturday 12th December 2009, 09:32
with the bad weather now here & still no angle grinder i haven't had to do anything on BT for quite a while now. I have been planning some more things to do once Santa has been & gone. Decided the boot floor & spare wheel well is being cut out & an alloy sheet put in instead, going to cut out the rear seat support as well. The power steering is going & the boot lid is being cut up more, going to seperate the number plate surround from the main lid because its a bit to flimsy since the internal reinforcement was cut out

streaky744
Saturday 12th December 2009, 10:35
great way to save weight is ditch all the glass as well. don't laugh it will shock you what it all weighs with all the door internals as well. ok it get wet when its raining but a visor on a crash helmet does the trick. and after all the glass is only there for comfort.

JelT5
Saturday 12th December 2009, 14:43
ah le McDonalds lol (or is Ronald McDonald actually feminine lol)

I'm not sure about gender, most likely masculine lol

UK insurers don't like anyone mate lol. Wouldn't you need to get the V70 reconformed after the manual conversion is or that classed as a minor mod (or won't they know its been done lol)

I won't say anything if you don't mate lol

i want to do some grinding :cry:

Must be heartbreaking not to have any form of grinding gear buddy!
You'll just have to stick with "thanking" instead lol

Sorry for the late reply mate...think I was in UK and then hospital, so only just found it!!
Latest on the list is an AMG E55...having done more research, I can't bring any sort of JDM car into France: bummer! I don't really wanna have to keep 2 and just trailer one of them around, so an AMG seems like a good compromise...or maybe even a Cossie, if I can find one with aircon, which is a necessity here in summer!

p fandango
Saturday 12th December 2009, 16:02
great way to save weight is ditch all the glass as well. don't laugh it will shock you what it all weighs with all the door internals as well. ok it get wet when its raining but a visor on a crash helmet does the trick. and after all the glass is only there for comfort.
i've already replaced all the side glass with Perspex, that saved 6.4kg so a very good idea but i'm trying to keep it road legal & sleeper(ish) so do want some left

p fandango
Saturday 19th December 2009, 14:31
thiers not many Volvo's around with an built in ice rink lol

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/176/lgim0002w.jpg

Jamest5r
Saturday 19th December 2009, 16:05
Just do what they did on Top Gear and shot a hole in the floor, more weight saving!!!

leet5r
Saturday 19th December 2009, 16:09
I'm not sure about gender, most likely masculine lol

I won't say anything if you don't mate lol

Must be heartbreaking not to have any form of grinding gear buddy!
You'll just have to stick with "thanking" instead lol

Sorry for the late reply mate...think I was in UK and then hospital, so only just found it!!
Latest on the list is an AMG E55...having done more research, I can't bring any sort of JDM car into France: bummer! I don't really wanna have to keep 2 and just trailer one of them around, so an AMG seems like a good compromise...or maybe even a Cossie, if I can find one with aircon, which is a necessity here in summer!

if you go for a cossie you want 1 with out the air con , cos you cant upgrade the intercooler m8 and the 2wd 1s arent very good the 4wd 1s are aq bit bigger but still small really

p fandango
Saturday 19th December 2009, 16:47
Just do what they did on Top Gear and shot a hole in the floor, more weight saving!!!
or just do a Flintstone & not have floors http://images.zaazu.com/img/caveman-caveman-cave-dweller-prehistoric-smiley-emoticon-000204-medium.gif

PaulZX
Saturday 19th December 2009, 17:14
I didn't get that ecu out today mate, so tomorrow is lookin iffy... lets see how brave I'm feeling and how hard the wind's blowing, you know what it's like out in my street in december.... that wind howls down the road on a calm day....

p fandango
Friday 25th December 2009, 16:12
Santa brought me a lovely Bosch angle grinder so the updates will start again soon :smileypul

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 19:59
I knew he would ;)

p fandango
Friday 25th December 2009, 20:30
I knew he would ;)
he was cruel & left it till the last present tho lol

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 21:41
Oh he is sadistic isnt he :doh:

p fandango
Friday 25th December 2009, 22:02
Oh he is sadistic isnt he :doh:
well i'll be having the last laugh, no Sherry or mince pies being left out next year lol

cameron
Friday 25th December 2009, 22:37
Just an extension lead and a few cutting wheels then ;)

p fandango
Saturday 26th December 2009, 11:19
Just an extension lead and a few cutting wheels then ;)
lol, i wouldn't trust anyone else cutting BT up

p fandango
Sunday 27th December 2009, 12:08
i got to fire up the new angle grinder this morning, its still cold & wet out there so didn't do much. The new Bosch grinder is just so much better than the £7 B&Who specials, cuts so much faster i couldn't keep the line straight lol

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4117/picture004ac.jpg
because i've cut all the internal strengthening out of the bootlid it flexs very badly & i was worried about it bending when put on the floor, so i cut it in 2 lol

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4550/picture005l.jpg
& for very hot days it can be used for ventilation lol

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6477/picture006cv.jpg
& with both panels in place you'd never know, i've got a few more panel clips to go on yet

cameron
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:01
Jeeeesuuuuuusss, you only just got the bloody thing, it'll be worn out by new year :hilarious

p fandango
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:24
Jeeeesuuuuuusss, you only just got the bloody thing, it'll be worn out by new year :hilarious
well its about time they did a high quality grinder that was strong enough to cut up a Volvo lol

& your lucky i wasn't out trying it on Boxing day lol

Tomcat
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:44
I bet your neighbours love you,lol...Have you not thought about just replacing them with fibreglass ones instead?.

p fandango
Sunday 27th December 2009, 13:46
I bet your neighbours love you,lol
there used to it by now, they get a bottle of wine every christmas to make up for it lol

Have you not thought about just replacing them with fibreglass ones instead?.
yeh but its getting the pennies at the minute mate

t5 pete
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 18:26
Your one brave man pedro

p fandango
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 18:31
Your one brave man pedro
i'd of said stupid myself mate lol. Got the spare wheel well to cut out next which even i'm worried about doing :saythat:

PaulZX
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 18:40
if it starts sagging, just put back the last bit you took out. I'll let you have a rip on my welder if you want, just get the ice rink out first.....

p fandango
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 18:45
if it starts sagging, just put back the last bit you took out. I'll let you have a rip on my welder if you want, just get the ice rink out first.....
aslong as i stick to within the chassis rails it should be alright, the new panel going in is alloy sheet so just be bolted or rivetted in. Thanks anyway mate

PaulZX
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 19:02
how is the ice rink coming along? surely not all melted yet?

p fandango
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 19:21
how is the ice rink coming along? surely not all melted yet?
yeh its all gone mate, it had thawed the day i cut the bootlid so got the sponge out & emptied all the water out

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 13:40
woke up this morning & the rain had washed the snow away & i could see BT again, braved it & got the angle grinder fired up

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1696/picture005fq.jpg
i think somethings missing

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1192/picture004ek.jpg
yep this bit lol, i am going to put an alloy panel over once i've finished. I'd like to move the petrol tankl mounts so i can cut some more of it out

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9845/picture006sp.jpg
she sits a bit high now, now at 268.7kg removed

t5 pete
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:04
looking good pedro i dont know if ive asked you this but how about a fuel cell with rought a 40ltr tank or even more drastic and 25ltr one

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:15
the only thing putting me off a fuel cell really is that i want to be able to use it for decent runs, Nurburgring being one of them & for weekends out. I really need another fuel tank anyway as i screwed into the tank when i was mounting my stereo amplifiers so might be a better option

t5 pete
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:23
There will be a original tank at myne for a tenner if u wanna have it

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:31
There will be a original tank at myne for a tenner if u wanna have it
sold, your a bit of a trek away tho mate. Any chance of weighing it & seeing how much postage will be for me please sir

t5 pete
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:35
Yeah no problem pedro once its empty and every thing removed it shouldnt weigh too much hopefully parcel force will deliver it for around £15 ill get it removed next weekend for you

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:41
Yeah no problem pedro once its empty and every thing removed it shouldnt weigh too much hopefully parcel force will deliver it for around £15 ill get it removed next weekend for you
your a star sir, you can leave the fuel in it if you want lol.

I'm also after the throttle linkage, basically everything between the throttle cable & the throttle body (ie the cable wheel, return spring, mounting brackets & arms etc) assuming its the same as a 850 T-5 one, can i have a price on that if you've still got it available please mate

t5 pete
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:49
lmao im keeping the petrol im not lookig forward to removing the tank as it got quite abit of petrol in lol as for the throttle linkage thats not a problem just call it £30 for the tank and linkage its a s70 in breakiing but have a couple of 850 engines knocking about so ill make sure there the same before sending it to you how does that sound and there will be no postage charge on the throttle linkage as it will be sent with the tank.
Pete

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:53
lmao im keeping the petrol im not lookig forward to removing the tank as it got quite abit of petrol in lol as for the throttle linkage thats not a problem just call it £30 for the tank and linkage its a s70 in breakiing but have a couple of 850 engines knocking about so ill make sure there the same before sending it to you how does that sound and there will be no postage charge on the throttle linkage as it will be sent with the tank.
Pete
excellent cheers Pete, theirs no panic for any it so whenever mate

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:55

Try myHermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/)
We have just found out that City Link have been charging us £45 to send a 4.5k parcel to the Isle of Man so I looked at this firm to see what they charged for the same parcel it worked out at £9.96 with £100 insurance and signed for at the other end. That's only a few pence more than City Link charge for a parcel in the Mainland UK.

We have used them for parcels to Northern Ireland and they are cheaper than Parcel Force.

The company was called Parcel Net, but the were bought up by a German firm.

So if you're sending car parts they seem to be the best bet. There is only one down side. They don't do over night, it's 3 to 5 days and up to 15 kilos. But other than that it's a good service.

Hope this helps.

t5 pete
Saturday 16th January 2010, 20:57
excellent cheers Pete, theirs no panic for any it so whenever mate

Ill get it all ready for next weekend for you so when ever your ready i need to see bt runnig it would be great if you could make york

p fandango
Saturday 16th January 2010, 21:00
Ill get it all ready for next weekend for you so when ever your ready i need to see bt runnig it would be great if you could make york
nice one, tbh i haven't started her for a couple of monthes now because she's ran out of fuel. I should be getting a payrise soon so see how the money is for York, be nice to meet you & give BT a thrash

p fandango
Sunday 17th January 2010, 15:29
today job, lightening the other rear bumper reinforcement. The new angle grinder again managed fine

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1994/dscf0001u.jpg
rear bumper doesn't consist of much now, no more nudging cars out the way when trying to park lol

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1294/dscf0002lf.jpg
& with it back in place you'd never know anything

p fandango
Saturday 23rd January 2010, 14:18
fitted the short shift kit this morning, & WOW amazing. I used the closest hole so the throw is shorter than shown in the installation video, & TBH for a daily driver i'd stick to the hole they use. It does take a bit more positive force to move now but thats purely down to the pivot point being closer & having less leverage, which is why i had a bit of bother in the video. It really transformed it & got to be one of the shortest throws i've used :hug:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1627/lgim0007.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXg1b_OaAAE

p fandango
Sunday 24th January 2010, 15:03
the grinder came out again between the rain showers

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2585/79995631.jpg
270.8kg gone, starting to look like 300kg may be possible

JUDGENINJA
Monday 25th January 2010, 14:58
I still see two brackets that you haven't removed yet.....
1. rear of centre console
2. Rear seat mount...

p fandango
Monday 25th January 2010, 15:10
don't you worry mate their on the list lol, can't get on with that spot-weld cutter so i'll have to grind them off lol

Murphy
Monday 25th January 2010, 15:16
Have you had it weighed recently?

p fandango
Monday 25th January 2010, 15:20
Have you had it weighed recently?
no not yet, that'll be one of the first jobs when she's back on the road.

just thought about jacking her up & dropping a wheel on the bathroom scales but not sure that would work lol

JelT5
Monday 25th January 2010, 18:02
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2585/79995631.jpg

270.8kg gone, starting to look like 300kg may be possible

That floorpan should go next mate ;) easy 30kg there lol
Just mount your seat with sky-hooks!

Seriously, good job Pedro- BT's coming on well mate :D

p fandango
Monday 25th January 2010, 19:58
That floorpan should go next mate ;) easy 30kg there lol
Just mount your seat with sky-hooks!

Seriously, good job Pedro- BT's coming on well mate :D
do you need seats? lol

thanks mate, just can't wait to get her back on the road/track

JelT5
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 09:57
Just use an old tomato box lol

When BT is up n running come for a euro road trip mate :)

p fandango
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 16:06
When BT is up n running come for a euro road trip mate :)
will do mate, one of the plans is for the Nurburgring & got quite a few people interested so i'm sure we can sort something

p fandango
Sunday 31st January 2010, 09:16
i've had the Powerflex top engine mount for a very long time, but now got the Powerflex bulkhead mount & both engine tie-rod bushes coming. I think the engine might be nice & solid then, atleast i haven't got a dashboard for the vibrations to rattle lol

p fandango
Thursday 4th February 2010, 07:22
had an email yesterday that PFV are out of stock of both tie-rod bushes & with Powerflex's fire they'll be about 4 weeks, the bulkhead mount is in the post tho

had a few more ideas i'm going to start on so watch this space

JelT5
Thursday 4th February 2010, 07:44
You could try larkspeed for the powerflex bushes mate. Got mine from them, they usually carry quite alot of Volvo stuff.

p fandango
Thursday 4th February 2010, 07:54
You could try larkspeed for the powerflex bushes mate. Got mine from them, they usually carry quite alot of Volvo stuff.
already ordered & paid for but thanks anyway mate, still got plenty to do so not exactly waiting for them lol

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 4th February 2010, 07:58
Once the bloody weather gets better. Mind you, I managed to fit the actuator of a 16T the other night when it was -2 outside and I only had a torch.

p fandango
Thursday 4th February 2010, 08:25
Once the bloody weather gets better. Mind you, I managed to fit the actuator of a 16T the other night when it was -2 outside and I only had a torch.
aslong as i've started work before the rain i'll work thru it, if it gets to bad i have to stop for fearing of electric shock from the power tools lol

PaulZX
Thursday 4th February 2010, 13:54
what's the percentage chance of getting her to the pod this year then pedro?

p fandango
Thursday 4th February 2010, 14:19
what's the percentage chance of getting her to the pod this year then pedro?
oh don't you worry mate, she'll be hitting the strip this year. I was hoping for the 4th May at Avon but its a toss up between that or start some mods that i've got planned which means she won't be usable until they are 100% complete

so hows you, the seaside & everything then mate?

smithy
Thursday 4th February 2010, 17:14
oh don't you worry mate, she'll be hitting the strip this year. I was hoping for the 4th May at Avon but its a toss up between that or start some mods that i've got planned which means she won't be usable until they are 100% complete

so hows you, the seaside & everything then mate?

bring it to york on the 30th may mate

p fandango
Thursday 4th February 2010, 17:44
bring it to york on the 30th may mate
just got to see how things go mate, got all the planning done now to get the grinder out again lol

Tim Williams
Thursday 4th February 2010, 20:44
had an email yesterday that PFV are out of stock of both tie-rod bushes & with Powerflex's fire they'll be about 4 weeks, the bulkhead mount is in the post tho

had a few more ideas i'm going to start on so watch this space

Don has them in stock.

t5 pete
Thursday 4th February 2010, 20:48
come on pedro we need to see bt

PaulZX
Thursday 4th February 2010, 20:53

so hows you, the seaside & everything then mate?seaside and all that's great mate, T5's a bit poorley, lambda light on today, slightly smoky zorst, and smoke coming up from behind the rad once the engine had warmed up.... gonna have a look at her tomorrow or saturday, see how warm tomorrow is.....

Volvostorm
Thursday 4th February 2010, 21:13

I ordered my wishbone bushes from there on Monday, they were out of stock for aleast a month, due to the fire.

p fandango
Friday 5th February 2010, 07:14
come on pedro we need to see bt
be patient dear boy, i might as well do this stuff now than take her back off the road once she's re-MOT'd

don't worry i can't wait to drive her again

p fandango
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:30
this afternoon i've ordered the newer bulkhead bracket from Oliver at TMS so i can fit the Powerflex bulkhead bush. I've also drained the water/coolant, also removed the fan, cowling & the old radiator hoses, just got to drain the oil cooler & the radiator can come out then

p fandango
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 15:17
got the new bulkhead bracket off TMS, & it came complete with the standard bush. Took alot of drilling & sawing to get it out but got it done. Took my old bracket off & the bush was knackered, not far off failing altogether so quite well timed really

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6066/62567136.jpg
bit of a size difference between the old & new spec brackets

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3703/92583846.jpg
bit of a nightmare getting the bar back into place, but went eventually

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 22:38
I fitted a new mount to mine (genuine from Rufe) and was surprised at the size of it compared to the old one.

p fandango
Friday 12th February 2010, 14:34
got the radiator out this morning, don't think i'll have any problems getting cold air in lol

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6906/picture006z.jpg
its a shame to put the intercooler back & block the hole back up again

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6577/picture007v.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7592/picture008om.jpg
& with the bonnet back you've never know anything was up

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1439/picture009fi.jpg
the boot cut-out is more than wide enough for the standard radiator so think i'm sticking with that

Murphy
Friday 12th February 2010, 15:32
Crazy mofo!

p fandango
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 16:53
started to mount the radiator. Not overly happy with the alloy braces so might use some small steel box section instead, i can get that welded in to help strengthen the car up aswell then. Just got an email from PFV saying the rest of my order has been despatched so my Powerflex tie-rod bushes are on the way

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1048/dscf0012j.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3645/dscf0013v.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7084/dscf0014o.jpg

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8909/dscf0016bw.jpg
that'll confuse a few on the 1/4mile lol

t5 pete
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 17:26
lmao pedrol what ever will you think of next as you said about the alloy braces i would use some 1" steel box tube and that way it will never let go it also shouldnt add too much weight ive noticed one last thing you can remove but dont know if you want to keep it and its the second exit for the exhaust that would probley give you going on 20kg

Tomcat
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 18:27
Er???..how you going to get good airflow over that then?

p fandango
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 21:30
lmao pedrol what ever will you think of next as you said about the alloy braces i would use some 1" steel box tube and that way it will never let go it also shouldnt add too much weight ive noticed one last thing you can remove but dont know if you want to keep it and its the second exit for the exhaust that would probley give you going on 20kg
yeh i'll get some box section & re-do it in that.

i have thought of replacing the exhaust but i'd need to get another bumper to cover up the cut-out, i don't mind swopping someone for a standard set-up/bumper but don't want the expense of getting it sprayed which is why i haven't put it up on here

p fandango
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 21:33
Er???..how you going to get good airflow over that then?
hopefully the big cut-out in the floor will help mate lol. I think it'll create a nice vacuum in there & got a plan to get air flowing thru the boot area. Also it won't need as much air as the extra water in the system will help keep the water temp down, & the radiator now hasn't got an engine next to it warming it up so can work more efficiently

t5 pete
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 21:38
yeh i'll get some box section & re-do it in that.

i have thought of replacing the exhaust but i'd need to get another bumper to cover up the cut-out, i don't mind swopping someone for a standard set-up/bumper but don't want the expense of getting it sprayed which is why i haven't put it up on here

I have a s70 bumper if your intrested

p fandango
Thursday 18th February 2010, 05:13
I have a s70 bumper if your intrested
thanks mate but i think an 850 one with the black/grey rubbing strip it matches in with the rest better

got my tie-rod bushes, can i get the thing off tho lol

siamblue
Thursday 18th February 2010, 08:28
Pedro you are mad lol....

Murphy
Thursday 18th February 2010, 11:03
love it :D

p fandango
Friday 19th February 2010, 17:12
got the grinder out again this afternoon, hopefully this will help get the air flowing thru the boot. I will mesh it off & put the number plate back in the same place

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2467/dscf0019k.jpg

cragmaz
Friday 19th February 2010, 20:04
Pedro you are mad lol....

i`ll second that, been following this thread from the start, you got balls pedro!

what power you putting out now?

Craig

p fandango
Friday 19th February 2010, 20:23
i`ll second that, been following this thread from the start, you got balls pedro!
nah, just stupid mate lol

what power you putting out now?
FFM got 297bhp with a very similiar spec

p fandango
Friday 26th February 2010, 15:54
lmao pedrol what ever will you think of next as you said about the alloy braces i would use some 1" steel box tube and that way it will never let go it also shouldnt add too much weight
popped into B&Who today & got some 20mm steel box section, but the rains starting & got no grinding discs so it won't get done today. Looked at some alloy sheet to mount the fan & they wanted £60 for a sheet big enough to cover the radiator :cussing:

p fandango
Saturday 27th February 2010, 17:52
didn't get much done today, but did pick up some black mesh & some more grinding discs (got 8 lol). The mesh isn't as fine as i hoped but still not bad, once i get a bulkhead made & the inside of the boot painted black i don't think you'll be able to tell

http://xs.to/image-92B6_4B895A19.jpg

t5 pete
Saturday 27th February 2010, 17:54
looking good pedro its nearly ready for york get a mot on it lol

p fandango
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:09
looking good pedro its nearly ready for york get a mot on it lol
lol i wish mate, she's not holding oil or water yet (well the inside is) because i haven't plumbed the radiator yet. Got tonnes of little jobs to do really

t5 pete
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:11
it a shame your not closer as i wouldnt mind giving you a hand what pipe work you going to be using for the rad

p fandango
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:15
it a shame your not closer as i wouldnt mind giving you a hand what pipe work you going to be using for the rad
say once she's up & running i'll defo be up for a meet up. Really could do with some 35-36mm alloy tubing to run to the radiator but haven't actually looked into it yet, did spot 22mm copper pipe in B&Who but theirs got to be something alot better for the job

t5 pete
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:17
have a look on the web there will be loads of places that do alloy pipe only other thing is the old 28mm heating pipe

t5 pete
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:18
the best thing to do is contact people like this and ask if they do a 5-6mtr length
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32mm-1-1-4-OD-Aluminium-Alloy-Hose-Pipe-Tube-1-Metre_W0QQitemZ330383688926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cec6704de

p fandango
Saturday 27th February 2010, 18:24
the best thing to do is contact people like this and ask if they do a 5-6mtr length
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32mm-1-1-4-OD-Aluminium-Alloy-Hose-Pipe-Tube-1-Metre_W0QQitemZ330383688926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cec6704de
the same bloke does 35mm so i've saved that to my ebay, i'll have to measure up & see how long each section i'll need will be. I'd like to run it thru the inside but not 100% sure if its the best idea

perhaps it was 28mm i seen in B&who then lol

p fandango
Sunday 28th February 2010, 16:48
got the grinder out onto the bootlid again & got another 2.3kg out of it, total now 274.5kg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9614/89746018.jpg

p fandango
Monday 1st March 2010, 19:00
power steering pump went in the bin today

http://xs.to/image-14A0_4B8C0DA8.jpg

t5 pete
Monday 1st March 2010, 19:31
what ever will you think of next also what serpantine belt will you use pedro also are you just blocking the lines up that lead into the rack

p fandango
Monday 1st March 2010, 19:38
what ever will you think of next also what serpantine belt will you use pedro also are you just blocking the lines up that lead into the rack
if it unbolts, it can be binned mate lol. I've only got to get a tiny belt to go straight from the crank to the alternator (do i need an alternator? lol)

as for the pipes more plans are yet to be revealed :wink:

http://xs.to/image-DDFA_4B8C1634.jpg

Tomcat
Monday 1st March 2010, 19:43
Isn't that steering going to be really heavy without the pump?, would you have been better sourcing a none power rack first?.

p fandango
Monday 1st March 2010, 19:53
Isn't that steering going to be really heavy without the pump?, would you have been better sourcing a none power rack first?.
all 850's came with power steering, i'm not sure if a rack off another vehicle will fit.

you have PM :biggrin:

callyuk
Monday 1st March 2010, 20:15
why not bin the starter motor while your there mate just bump start it from now on lol

p fandango
Monday 1st March 2010, 20:49
why not bin the starter motor while your there mate just bump start it from now on lol
hmm what about the old cranking handles instead? lol

claymore
Monday 1st March 2010, 21:02
you could use a corsa electric steering column

Benny Boy
Monday 1st March 2010, 21:55
some car manufactures will soon be using the alternator to start the car.

Tomcat
Monday 1st March 2010, 22:52
some car manufactures will soon be using the alternator to start the car.

Er...how?.

Benny Boy
Tuesday 2nd March 2010, 19:44
don't know all the details, but my mate who worked for jags R&D department last year said they had done away with starter motors and were using the alternator to crank the engines over.

rogert5
Tuesday 2nd March 2010, 23:21
I've got a very old Simplicity garden tractor that has a starter/dynamo. Much the same idea I guess.

p fandango
Thursday 4th March 2010, 17:04
i'm sort of cheating here, but i've removed the alternator. I'm not sure how long the battery will last without charge so it will probably just be took off once on the strip. Weigh'd 7.6kg so now 286.5kg removed in total

http://xs.to/image-1978_4B8FE740.jpg

http://xs.to/image-8BBB_4B8FE740.jpg

JelT5
Friday 5th March 2010, 08:01
You're getting close to the 300kg mark mate- well done! Should fly down the strip :)

Off to do an 1/8 mile sprint this Sunday- did it last year with the T5 unmodded so should be interesting to compare times. 10.27 last year...should be looking at around 9.5ish with any luck if the slush-box holds up!
Won't be power starting though...well maybe once or twice ;)

p fandango
Friday 5th March 2010, 14:16
You're getting close to the 300kg mark mate- well done! Should fly down the strip :)
thanks mate, its getting harder & harder to find the few remaining kg lol

Off to do an 1/8 mile sprint this Sunday- did it last year with the T5 unmodded so should be interesting to compare times. 10.27 last year...should be looking at around 9.5ish with any luck if the slush-box holds up!
Won't be power starting though...well maybe once or twice ;)
yeh be interesting to see how much time difference it all makes, keep us informed mate

p fandango
Friday 5th March 2010, 18:28
there was a big alloy block bolted that the alternator was mounted onto, i've took that off & mounted the alternator directly onto it so only takes 3 bolts to remove the whole lot now. Plus removing the block has took the weight to 287.9kg now

http://xs.to/image-35E2_4B914C51.jpg

http://xs.to/image-1901_4B914C51.jpg

callyuk
Friday 5th March 2010, 19:35
would you not save more weight just removing the battery instead of the alternator when on the strip as you are not going to need things like lights whilst going down the strip

p fandango
Friday 5th March 2010, 21:55
would you not save more weight just removing the battery instead of the alternator when on the strip as you are not going to need things like lights whilst going down the strip
erm possibly, i'll have to give it a try once she's back & running. Advantage of taking the alternator off is less drag on the engine so more power out of it

thebadger
Friday 5th March 2010, 23:36
A big honking balloon in the back full of helium! Easy 20KGs!

p fandango
Sunday 7th March 2010, 17:19
got the mock done of the fan mount, i'm going to use either alloy or steel sheet once i get round to buying some

http://xs.to/image-8903_4B93DEEB.jpg

http://xs.to/image-3428_4B93DEEB.jpg

http://xs.to/image-3044_4B93DEEB.jpg
needs some spacer between the radiator & mount but thats not exactly hard to sort

p fandango
Monday 8th March 2010, 22:46
found a couple of video's of BT on an old DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ccIKo1IPz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc7IKgFDcvs

PaulZX
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 23:35
Soooooooo.... when you comin to visit me and pick up your new wheels? lol

p fandango
Wednesday 10th March 2010, 03:28
Soooooooo.... when you comin to visit me and pick up your new wheels? lol
lol didn't anyone have them off you? how much you after for them?

how's things in the land of the seaside & fresh air mate?

p fandango
Sunday 14th March 2010, 11:06
fitted the wiper & got the screen wash nozzle fitted & plumbed, not exactly a big job but its another one off the list

http://xs.to/image-C9D5_4B9CC214.jpg
because the bonnet comes off i've fitted a spray nozzle directly onto the wiper arm, pretty impressed that the local accessory shop had a universal nozzle in designed for the job

PaulZX
Sunday 14th March 2010, 22:47
lol didn't anyone have them off you? how much you after for them?

how's things in the land of the seaside & fresh air mate?

gimme 150 and they're you're with a free set of nuts inc lockers.... the wheels have only done 4,000 miles.... and legal tyres all round though two are getting low, two are almost new tread...

and yeh, lovin it here mate, the lanes are amazing, on a clear dry day you can see for miles, it's so flat round here... makes for some intresting trips to the shops 5 miles away.... :D

Mr Sheen
Thursday 18th March 2010, 12:01
Love the wig wag lights!

850 2.5 10v
Thursday 18th March 2010, 12:08
14,000+ views must be a record!

p fandango
Thursday 18th March 2010, 13:15
Love the wig wag lights!
had a genuine Police siren fitted as well so really good full pulling my mates over lol

p fandango
Thursday 18th March 2010, 13:15
14,000+ views must be a record!
not sure it counts when 13,000 views were done by myself lol

Mr Sheen
Thursday 18th March 2010, 15:49
had a genuine Police siren fitted as well so really good full pulling my mates over lol

He he, highly illegal.....but sounds fun:ices_rofl

p fandango
Wednesday 24th March 2010, 05:40
He he, highly illegal.....but sounds fun:ices_rofl
nothings illegal till you get caught lol

p fandango
Friday 26th March 2010, 15:08
took off the inner rubber door seals today, i think someone suggested it before but i never realised the doors have an outer seal. 5.1kg gone so now at 293kg total, only 7kg more to go

:flying:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3280/lgim0005b.jpg

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th March 2010, 06:49
took off the inner rubber door seals today, i think someone suggested it before but i never realised the doors have an outer seal. 5.1kg gone so now at 293kg total, only 7kg more to go

:flying:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3280/lgim0005b.jpg

Looks like your on a diet then mate no more >:007: lol, get it sorted mate 1/4 season will be over in 4 months and i want to see that car running.

p fandango
Saturday 27th March 2010, 10:24
Looks like your on a diet then mate no more >:007: lol
don't you worry i'll find the 7kg from BT somewhere lol

get it sorted mate 1/4 season will be over in 4 months and i want to see that car running.
things are going slow at the minute thanks to lack of pennies, but she will be back this year. Its been 3years since i've raced so need to get back on the strip myself

p fandango
Friday 2nd April 2010, 11:29
do you need an intercooler? lol

http://xs.to/image-342C_4BB5C4DA.jpg
purely to get her running

p fandango
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 13:18
i also got the idle control valve plumbed in & the oil cooler bypassed (not happy with that but it'll do for now). Just need to get some pipe to bypass the old radiator (again temporary) & she should be safe to run again

http://xs.to/image-BCF1_4BB7302F.jpg

http://xs.to/image-9748_4BB7302F.jpg

p fandango
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 18:12
between the showers i had a go at the tie-rod bushes, not having an 18mm socket i had to change them on the car which was fun. Needs squeezing in a bit more but haven't got any washers big enough so it can wait for now, then the fun starts ago on the smaller bush lol

http://xs.to/image-21F7_4BB77543.jpg

Alan M
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 19:18
I've just made and fitted some delrin items to my tie rod bar as the larger poly item split.