PDA

View Full Version : Goodridge Hoses

Billybhoy1978
Thursday 5th March 2009, 11:09
Hi Guys,

Ive just done a 302mm brake upgrade and was wondering why I had 4 hoses in the goodridge pack? Are the smaller ones for the back or have I missed something??

Al115
Thursday 5th March 2009, 11:18
Most likely - that's what I used mine for :)

walter leever
Thursday 5th March 2009, 21:11
Hi Guys,

Ive just done a 302mm brake upgrade and was wondering why I had 4 hoses in the goodridge pack? Are the smaller ones for the back or have I missed something??

correct(long in front,small at the back):beer:

Billybhoy1978
Friday 6th March 2009, 10:57
Ok just had a look under the car today and there rear pipes are copper all the way to the caliper and the are very long! Im assuming these have been relaced at some time if there are supposed to be flexible hoses there? So Im guessing there will be no point in fitting the braided lines on the back then?!

siamblue
Friday 6th March 2009, 13:54
Flexible one is on the trailing arm, make sure the fittings are well and truely soaked in WD for a few days, no doubt you will have problems as most us do, also have to hand a very good fit 11mm spanner,

Gary

iGGy
Saturday 7th March 2009, 12:15
Really can't beat using a proper brake spanner for this type of job. The amount of hassle it can save is almost immeasurable!

Billybhoy1978
Saturday 7th March 2009, 12:34
Tell me about it took me ages to get the front ones off!! I found it made it a lot easier by removing the little mount that it goes through I managed with a set of molegrips! According to haynes a 11mm spanner should do the trick It wouldnt on mine lol

Glad I did it though brakes feel soo much better! Although the smaller discs were completely shagged so whether its the bigger size or just the new discs that has made a difference I dont know