PDA

View Full Version : C70 Engine Management light

MarcA
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 16:46
Hi All

I have a 2003 C70 and the 'engine management light' (the one in the bottom right hand corner) no longer comes on with all the other ignition lights when starting up etc. From memory I think it is normally orange.

Am I right in assuming that it is just a bulb gone or is it likely to be something else. If it is the bulb can I easily access it myself, or is it a trip to the dealer.

Many thanks for your help.

Marc

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 5th March 2009, 10:30
Sounds like the bulb - in any case it is where I would start. Swap one over from a spot that you know works and then you will know for sure.

If you have a passenger airbag - removing the dash top to access the instrument binnacle from above - is quite tricky. Without it is not too bad assuming you have a torx set. otherwise you will have to go in from the drivers footwell (upwards).

Rufe
Thursday 5th March 2009, 14:37
Yes i agree with Dave, this would normally be the bulb. there are up to 20 of the same bulbs in the instrument panel, one per warning lamp, (though you wouldnt necessarily have a bulb in each hole that is there), so swapping one over is a good idea as there are many others the same.

In the very bottom right corner is the service reminder lamp, the next one in from this is the MIL lamp bulb (the one you are on about)

A new bulb would cost you around £2.00 approx (delivered) from us.

ctautos@btinternet.com
Thursday 5th March 2009, 17:44
yes i agree but if you remove disconnect the airbag you will need to put the light out .mot failure