PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor

Harry T4
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 16:27
Hi Folks,

Looking for some help here, engine management light has been coming on a few times now and the code is reading MAP sensor. error code P0107

Can anyone shed some light on where this is and what could be causing the problem?

I think its the sensor on the manifold, but just need to clarify this.

Any help greatly appreciated

Harry

Rufe
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 16:50
It might be worth getting the proper volvo fault code as your car does not have a MAP sensor (though I would have to have your reg to confirm this for certain). have you had any other codes given to you at all?

simon

Jocksuper7
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 17:16
I had the map sensor fault come up a few time, there is two map sensors on my engine, one by the manifold the other is by throttle area all i did was remove it and give it a blast with cleaner and whack them back in, I have a phase 2 T4 2001 afetr that the code cleared and has not returned

Jocksuper7
Thursday 12th March 2009, 13:29
just checked one is by the air scoop just behind the slam pannel the other is by the heat sheild on the manifold, the code apparently causes over fueling due to an incorrect ambient pressure reading, the front one is prone to road scum clogging it, hope this helps i can get some piccys if you need

Harry T4
Thursday 12th March 2009, 14:25
Cheers Jocksuper,

Could you give me some pics and details pf how you cleaned it that would be great.

Cheers

Harry

madhouse
Monday 16th March 2009, 15:14
Cheers Jocksuper,

Could you give me some pics and details pf how you cleaned it that would be great.

Cheers

Harry

2nd'd I have a 2001 T4 SE and Saturday the management light came on after been sat with the engine idling for a while, and it's still on.

It's done this before but usually sorts itself out and goes off. Any help or photos would be appreciated to help with some DIY diagnostics.

Cheers

Mark.

Jocksuper7
Tuesday 17th March 2009, 02:51
ok here goes

MAP = mainfold absolute pressure i.e. pressure/vacuum in the inlet manfold after the throtle body and before the injector ports.

will be two sensors involved, one directly or indirectly connected to inlet manifold, the other probably before air filter inlet.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238/spanneredmonkey/volvoenginelayout.jpg

one of them is no 11 you have a wee bit of s battle getting past the heat sheild but its easy to find after you find this one in the photo below (cause they are identical)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238/spanneredmonkey/phase2-map.jpg

the one at 11 will be a mess the other is the one that get a load of road scum on it, I had the same bother and cleaning these did it, i whiped them out used a bit of maf cleaner,( carb cleaner is just as good) stuck them back in and bosh

after a few times with out the light will go out but a code will be logged any obd2 reader will clear it

hope this helps

Jocksuper7
Tuesday 17th March 2009, 15:09
harry email sent in reply hopefully the images are fixed now

DaveT4
Monday 6th April 2009, 14:09
having same issue,sounds spot on the money,throttle body was full of crap,after cleaning light went out

Harry T4
Sunday 12th April 2009, 12:48
Cheers Jocksuper7

Did what you recommended and so far no light cheers mate

Harry