PDA

View Full Version : Replacing vac lines

mattp
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 12:42
I have just had delivered 2 lenghts of vac/boost hose, 4mm and 6mm, so I'm going to replace the various lines around the engine. Car is a '96 855 T5 Auto

The ones I can think to replace are:

The 3 at the BCS
1 from the recirc valve to I believe the throttle body
1 from the PVC thing on the inlet just before the turbo to the pig of a fitting on the left hand end of the manifold
The short one from the vac tree to the fuel pressure regulator
The one from the tree to the cluster boost gauge (probably won't bother to change this one)

Have I missed any?

Cheers

dooby
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 13:48
Hiya,

can't think of any you've missed unless you have cruise control in which case you have a few more pipes under the battery tray. Also, a short coupling of flexible vac hose joins two hard white pipes under the grill to airbox air pipe - that's gone on mine before.

HTH, Pete

mattp
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 13:53
yeah I have cruise, so I'll have a look under the batter tray, where are they fed from then? will also check that joint in that pipe you've mentioned which is the feed to the dash gauge I think

dooby
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 14:29
I think maybe the cruise is fed off a T from the boost gauge routing (which the joint is also part of as you correctly spotted). Afraid I can't remember more detail, I did take the cruise module apart to replace the hose that goes into it. Not too hard, just go carefully I think.

HTH, Pete

Saaamon
Thursday 5th March 2009, 21:39
1 from the PVC thing on the inlet just before the turbo to the pig of a fitting on the left hand end of the manifold

That silicone pipe you mention, on the intake pipe, attachs on to the PTC. On the PTC is another hard plastic pipe. The smaller silicone pipe is ment to run along side this plastic pipe which then goes through the middle of the inlet manifold. These two pipes run together through a piece of lagging just after they leave the PTC.

woz
Thursday 5th March 2009, 21:47
I have a pdf of the vac lines - but cannot work out how to upload a file. PM me and I will email you the doco. It MAY help.

Woz