PDA

View Full Version : Just bouught a V70 T5

Gixxer Bob 99
Sunday 1st March 2009, 20:37
Hello there all... new to here and Volvo...just got a 96 V70 T5 which for the money i was happy with.. few dents an marks but not to fussed about that..
Theres a loud noise from the front end like a werin noise.. could it be wheel bearings ? thats what it sounds like any ways..as i said im new to these things.. normally on a Motorbike..

Answers would be gratfull...

flyingbrick
Sunday 1st March 2009, 20:40
Welcome.........:wiggle:

Liddo
Monday 2nd March 2009, 12:51
Does sound like bearings, and they are prone to going once the miles go up :(

888dee
Monday 2nd March 2009, 13:16
this whirring noise, does it vary with engine speed or road speed? road speed will be drive train related (wheel bearings/diff/gearbox) engine speed (pas pump/alternator/idler etc)

mine sounds like an electric motor and I'm pretty sure it's the pas pump so I've just left it for the moment :)

wegal
Monday 2nd March 2009, 15:34
Take the playing card out the spokes ( oh dear showing my age again)

Welcome to the forums.

Gixxer Bob 99
Monday 2nd March 2009, 18:15
Thanks for your replies as i said im newish to cars.. took it to a mates garage today and they reckon from a qiuck road test its wheel bearings.. reckon they aint cheap about a one'er each side... got a bit of an oil leak to.. but i think i got it at an ok price so prepared to get it right before it goes to SW auto's for a Rica Re map an a pipe.. opions on a chav valve....had to spend 6 hours on a poxy train to get from up north.. not as juicy as i thought...

dublint5
Monday 2nd March 2009, 23:04
welcome

flyingbrick
Tuesday 3rd March 2009, 10:44
Ye wheel bearing is £92.00 inc.vat. I have one in stock......