PDA

View Full Version : S60 handling options

wegal
Friday 27th February 2009, 21:24
I have the S60 T5 on a 2006 plate, the car has the 4C chassis and Im wondering what suspension options are available to improve it a bit.

The 4C chassis system is pretty good but the car has to much body roll for my liking. I know that changing the shocks is not an option as I cant just fit standard shocks to it and new 4C shocks are about £400 each ( or so im told) also the car has only done 37K so the shocks wont be that bad. Does the car have any anti roll bars fitted ? If so can they be stiffened up a bit.

Im a bit lost for ideas on this as changing onto normal suspension doesnt seem an option so the normal route of lowering and putting stiffer springs and shocks on doesnt seem to be open to me.

Any advise ? Anyone uprated the suspesion on a 4C chassis before ?

My other thought was is it possible to retro fit the R suspension to it, and does any one have any idea of what would be involved in doing that ? Is it just a different control module or is it a case of rip off the 4C and replace entirely with R suspension ? The reason I ask is that I have comfort and sport mode whereas the R has the additional advanced mode, which I believe is quite a bit stiffer.

thebadger
Saturday 28th February 2009, 00:42
I'm told the 4 C's suspension will benifit from lower springs first & better shocks second....

Koni, blisten, Pi, apex & others will do springs,but it's your choice!

The springs will lower the car (regardless of what others say) and thus reduce the roll!

I paid £150 for apex springs (looking @ koni fsd shocks!) so they can be cheap!

Best bet is to ask some R ownersas they willhave the better opinions as to how they behave under better springs vs shocks!