PDA

View Full Version : back for garage

gfurm
Thursday 26th February 2009, 15:31
Few months ago I started to get High Emissions message on the screen. Went to a garage to have erros checked and after about half an hour he foud error 4405. Diagnosis: EGR valve faulty, total cost 750 quid.

As it didn't affect anythig I left it as it was.

But few weeks ago I got Engine service required. So I went to different garage and after 5 miutes got completly different answer. Still the same error but most probable cause was a hole in a pipe or blocked turbo. I left it there and it turned out to be hole in the intercooler and siezed turbo acutator. Total cost 350 and car is much better now.

Conclusion: don't always belive the first diagnosis, it would have cost me 750 quid to replace EGR valve and it wouldn't help at all.

My praise goes to Trevor Burgess Auto Engineers in Hyde for fixing what was really wrong. They have proper Volvo diagnostic computer not that handheld garbage.

v70torslanda
Thursday 26th February 2009, 20:50
Conclusion: don't always belive the first diagnosis, it would have cost me 750 quid to replace EGR valve and it wouldn't help at all.

My praise goes to Trevor Burgess Auto Engineers in Hyde for fixing what was really wrong. They have proper Volvo diagnostic computer not that handheld garbage.

I was really pleased with the job that Rob @ Trevor Burgess did for me when he replaced my intercooler. We'd done about 2k with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese!

Rob is a top bloke! Knows his Volvos and really should get more business from us Manchester Boyz! *

Talking of which, when are we Manchester Boyz! gonna do a meet'n'greet?

* For the purposes of clarity, anyone from City of Salford is cordially invited to join our gang. As far as anyone else is concerned they can't tell the difference so couldn't give a stuff.

luv'n'stuff

J

RobbieH
Friday 27th February 2009, 13:56
I was really pleased with the job that Rob @ Trevor Burgess did for me when he replaced my intercooler. We'd done about 2k with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese!

Rob is a top bloke! Knows his Volvos and really should get more business from us Manchester Boyz! *

Talking of which, when are we Manchester Boyz! gonna do a meet'n'greet?

* For the purposes of clarity, anyone from City of Salford is cordially invited to join our gang. As far as anyone else is concerned they can't tell the difference so couldn't give a stuff.

luv'n'stuff

J

Ooo can I, can I. Never been in a gang before. Not got a hoody tho :D.
Well I went down to the Awesome RR day or was that classed as a NW meet so Lancastrians not invited this time ?:hidesbehi
Anyway, I'm a southerner by birth so everyone north of the Thames can.........:buttkick::lol:

So, when do we have a Manchester (inc. Salford) meet? Do we make it M postcodes only????