PDA

View Full Version : thumping noise

mk3phill
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 12:02
hey guys,..
last few days i seem to be getting a regular thumping noise as if one of my tyres is running flat but they are all fine,.. ive checked the car over but cant see anything wrong,.. only thing i have found is a few missing wheel balences on front alloys, but this noise sounds rear related.

any ideas?!?!

thanks
Phill

t5 pete
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 12:55
its most liklet the suspension top mount

flyingbrick
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 14:07
The axle rear bush mounts are a problem had mine done. Or maybe an exhaust hanger missing worth a check on the exhaust hitting the floor....

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 15:12
hey guys,..
last few days i seem to be getting a regular thumping noise as if one of my tyres is running flat but they are all fine,.. ive checked the car over but cant see anything wrong,.. only thing i have found is a few missing wheel balences on front alloys, but this noise sounds rear related.

any ideas?!?!

LOL Have you check for a body in the boot? Usually accompanied by muffled screams. Should die down after a few days due to lack of food and water.

mk3phill
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 18:11
LOL Have you check for a body in the boot? Usually accompanied by muffled screams. Should die down after a few days due to lack of food and water.

how did you get rid of yours?!!?

mk3phill
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 18:30
i know the rear passenger top mount is fubar but when i had no rear seats it didnt sound like this,.. this is more like driving over white lines its a constant thump,.. although its not constant for a journey... well confused like!!