PDA

View Full Version : Exahusts

Andrew
Monday 16th May 2005, 16:28
All

I'm looking for a performance exahust. Everything from downpipe, sports cat and cat back.

I'm looking at the Miltek system from VT, a 3" BSR and a third 2.5" custom made one from two other suppliers.

I wondered if anyone had any experience of either the Miltek or BSR specifically with the sports cat or any others with the sports cat.

I should say I don't want very loud exhaust I'm looking for better performance.

Andrew.

After_Shock
Monday 16th May 2005, 18:48
Get a 3' downpipe not a 2.5' one, makes a good difference with a race or sports cat in, even with the standard exhaust after that will give you a bit extra power without a re-map, however really need a re-map aswell to take advantage of it which im sure your planning!

Andrew
Monday 16th May 2005, 19:16
Get a 3' downpipe not a 2.5' one, makes a good difference with a race or sports cat in, even with the standard exhaust after that will give you a bit extra power without a re-map, however really need a re-map aswell to take advantage of it which im sure your planning!

As near as I can see the only 3" I can find is a BSR. The Miltek is all 2.5". Adam said he would do a remap if he thought it was needed (they test it at the end) although to be fair for the miltek stuff I've found a cheaper supplier. Wonder if Hamish will meet it :)

After_Shock
Monday 16th May 2005, 19:21
Could be worth asking if he will do it! However definately go with the 3' downpipe as this connects direct to the turbo, if you have the 2.5' it decreases the flow of gasses and in theory makes the turbo work harder and hotter compared to the 3' one, if you cant find one get one made!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:14
IMHO I dont think that the 2.5 is a restriction and there are certain clearance issues with a 3 inch.

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:16
As near as I can see the only 3" I can find is a BSR. The Miltek is all 2.5". Adam said he would do a remap if he thought it was needed (they test it at the end) although to be fair for the miltek stuff I've found a cheaper supplier. Wonder if Hamish will meet it :)

No, the Milltek is 2.5" cat back. The downpipe is 3" Ferrita. If the cheaper supplier is Motorsport world, then no we won't be price matching.

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:19
No, the Milltek is 2.5" cat back. The downpipe is 3" Ferrita.

Adam.

I wasn't aware you where using Ferrita. So will you match the price ? :)
and do you have any comments on 3" cat backs ??

:remybussi

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:22
Who is supplying the Milltek cat back cheaper?

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:23
And comments on a 3" cat back ?

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:24
And comments on a 3" cat back ?

It's a very tight fit over the rear suspension if you go 3". The systems "grow" by 1 or 2" with heat, and you'll probably have clearance issues.

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:27
Thanks - I'll have a think and make a decision.

Andrew.

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:28
I wasn't aware you where using Ferrita. So will you match the price ? :)
and do you have any comments on 3" cat backs ??

:remybussi

We do all sorts of exhaust systems. Ferrita, BSR, Milltek, and have our own custom stuff too.

Adam.

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 00:45
Some more info for you to ponder over -

BSR does not do 3" cat back system for 850.
Milltek is 100% stainless steel, BSR is part stainless steel.

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 08:31
Can you do Miltek throughout ? can you provide me a complete price for all Miltek?
Why do you not prefer the miltek downpipe/sports cat?

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 09:17
All

I'm looking for a performance exahust. Everything from downpipe, sports cat and cat back.

I'm looking at the Miltek system from VT, a 3" BSR and a third 2.5" custom made one from two other suppliers.

I wondered if anyone had any experience of either the Miltek or BSR specifically with the sports cat or any others with the sports cat.

I should say I don't want very loud exhaust I'm looking for better performance.

Andrew.

Did Mark (Salvo) have the BSR zorst on his C70? I remember his looking pretty good and sounding even better without being a jet fighter for normal driving (he was swarming all over my ass on the way home from VT too so I would have heard him if it was an obtrusive zorst)

x

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 09:20
Can you do Miltek throughout ? can you provide me a complete price for all Miltek?
Why do you not prefer the miltek downpipe/sports cat?

The Ferrita downpipes are superb if not the best, but there is not enough demand to ask Milltek to make them for us.

Adam.