PDA

View Full Version : c70 cab?

jonno12
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 18:29
does any one know if they made the older shape convertables in a hard top ? i cant seem to find any?

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 18:35
does any one know if they made the older shape convertables in a hard top ? i cant seem to find any?

Yeah - they were called "Coupes" :D

Ha ha ha. Seriously though, nope. They never made a hard top convertible Phase 1 C70. They were only avaliable as soft top convertibles.

jonno12
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 18:40
grrrrrrrrrrr looks like its the soft top then lol

Rufe
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 09:56
The hard top convertible only came out in 2006 with the current shape ford focus based C70. it was the first car of its size (ie a proper 5 seater, you cant count the 206cc) to have a fully electric folding hard top roof.

Simon

Pliskin
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 16:00
From your experience in the trade Rufe, how does the new one compare to the old model?

I know the roof system is different, but are they a lot better or are there things to look out for.

The reason I ask is that my good lady fancies one.

I don't know what my wife will say though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,

Azza
Thursday 26th February 2009, 09:21
I personally, and without trade experience but purely from an asthetics point of view, think they look generic and boring!

Rufe
Thursday 26th February 2009, 15:23
so far the new c70 hard top convertible has been a good car, with no major issues that i have heard of, and no common problems have arisen yet, though in fairness it is still fairly early days in the life of this model, and there are very few high mileage models out there yet which is obviously when more problems will occur.

Simon J
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 22:18

Have a look at this (http://www.valmet-automotive.com/automotive/cms.nsf/www/Hatric_)

Before buying my convertible I wrote to enquire what the price was but never got a reply!

And I agree with Azza - generic and boring just about sums the new ones up. They look no different to any other Volvo. You have to check for just two doors to work out which one it is! They may well drive better (especially on anything other than a smooth road) but I suspect they're a bit like our V50 T5 - all fur coat and no knickers!