PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eyes Fitted

PaulZX
Monday 23rd February 2009, 17:42
Took about 2 hrs, plus a bit of drying time for the paint on the grill, but here she is, all done, I think she's lookin really sexy...

http://i39.tinypic.com/jkfujb.jpg

PaulZX
Monday 23rd February 2009, 17:51
http://i42.tinypic.com/2gwxau1.jpg

BruceT
Monday 23rd February 2009, 18:02
Wow, cant wait to get mine.

Are you running HID's or normal Halogen H1?

Easy to wiring up?

walter leever
Monday 23rd February 2009, 18:56
Nice face man,i like it:firedevil

PaulZX
Monday 23rd February 2009, 21:15
They run H1 bulbs, and yeah, easy to wire up, the plugs match up nice, and as you lose the adjustable height thingy, I used the red and white wire from that plug, for an ignition live, and earthed them to the bonnet catch bracket. The fit is great, they line up really well, and look loads better in the flesh....

I'll give her a bit of tlc tomorrow, and do some better pics...

Dacvolvo
Monday 23rd February 2009, 22:30
Angel Eyes look awesome on the Volvos... Very nice ;)

Rufe
Monday 23rd February 2009, 23:13
fair play, very nice mate

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 00:02
sorry but I dont like em. gives the car too much of the bug eyes for my liking.

kevin 850t
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 00:48
Nice job, have they got a little led light in between the halos?

PaulZX
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 16:39
Nice job, have they got a little led light in between the halos?

yeah very bright one....

flyingbrick
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 17:19
http://i42.tinypic.com/2gwxau1.jpg

Very nice. You can go out at night again then. Unlike me LOL..........

shrek
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 10:32
i think they look cool mate :cool::cool::cool: Give the front end a new sharper look :B_thumb:

BruceT
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 12:07
Mate, could you take a bang square on pics (In high resolution - you can email me them if you want) of these lights (With no lights on, and then dipped and just angel eyes lol) so I can photoshop them onto my white 850... I wanna see what they look like on a white car.

PaulZX
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 15:09
How about now she's had a clean?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9298/250220091818.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8056/250220091841.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1086/250220091831.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5910/250220091827.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6563/250220091837.jpg

PaulZX
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 15:20
Mate, could you take a bang square on pics (In high resolution - you can email me them if you want) of these lights (With no lights on, and then dipped and just angel eyes lol) so I can photoshop them onto my white 850... I wanna see what they look like on a white car.
with lights off, the angel eye rings are illuminated, but you can't really notice them until the late afternoon....

sidelights
http://i43.tinypic.com/23h0unn.jpg

headlights
http://i40.tinypic.com/sm3e3t.jpg

Full beam + fogs
http://i42.tinypic.com/2mw5s0p.jpg

BruceT
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 17:58
Wow, cheers mate.

Looks spot on.

Ill have a go at photoshopping them onto mine.

Are the headlights a lot brighter now?

PaulZX
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:20
yeah loads brighter, even the indicator is lighting up the roadsigns as I approach...!

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:29
sorry, it's a no from me, just looks too much aftermarket imo if you know what i mean,but it's your car so if you like it, that's all that matters.

possibly look meaner if you had the r bumper

PaulZX
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:39
sorry, it's a no from me, just looks too much aftermarket imo if you know what i mean,but it's your car so if you like it, that's all that matters.

possibly look meaner if you had the r bumper

funny you say that.... I'm just waiting on one becoming available.... It will be sprayed and fitted as soon as it gets in my grubby mits....

BruceT
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:40
Quick photoshop...

PaulZX
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:42
wow yeah, that's smart.. they look extra nice on a yellow one...

I know yours is white, I'm just sayin.... :)

mexybhouy
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 19:58
Smart As ££££ M8!!!!!!!!!!!! Brings the car bang up to date!!!!!!!!!!!
9 out of 10 cats will like them and that's good enough for anyone! the 850 r's would have had em factory fitted from day one if i'd been in charge of design!

p fandango
Thursday 26th February 2009, 03:52
funny you say that.... I'm just waiting on one becoming available.... It will be sprayed and fitted as soon as it gets in my grubby mits....
be patient lol. Have you thought about fitting eyebrows over the angels eyes? (you could of tried mine if they weren't siliconed on lol)

& while its early & i'm bored i'm going to have a moan about people who complain "its not standard, i don't like it" please get over it, believe it or not Pininfarina don't do the designing for Volvo (& even they did people would still change things). Just because its not an OEM part & didn't leave the factory like that doesn't mean its a bad thing, some people like change & to be different than the other 2million other 850's on the road :shockedbi

some people are prepared to pay over £500 for second-hand Volvo wheels which were made by one of the cheapest alloy wheel manufactures in the market, thats upto them. People have different tastes thats fine, he likes his, i like mine, you like yours everyones happy :remybussi

PaulZX
Thursday 26th February 2009, 15:52
lol if it aint under the bonnet it's a taboo to touch it without a cloth in one hand and a bottle of wax in the other.... hahah

Flatout Phil
Thursday 13th August 2009, 23:54
[QUOTE=TheFlyingFridgeMover;215244]Took about 2 hrs, plus a bit of drying time for the paint on the grill, but here she is, all done, I think she's lookin really sexy...

NOw I do like those lights - where did you get them from? CHeers, Phil,

walter leever
Friday 14th August 2009, 00:14
[QUOTE=TheFlyingFridgeMover;215244]Took about 2 hrs, plus a bit of drying time for the paint on the grill, but here she is, all done, I think she's lookin really sexy...

Have a look on E-bay:banana:

I like them(i've got them myself:cool: )

PaulZX
Friday 14th August 2009, 03:18

Have a look on E-bay:banana:

I like them(i've got them myself:cool: )

watch them for misting though... I've got one that mists, then clears, then mists again, not regular, just every now and then....

When it mists, I leave my lights on, and it's clear in half a day

PaulZX
Friday 14th August 2009, 03:19

ebay nmber 230364865837 £130 +£35 post

they've come down in price, I paid £180 +postage from the same guys

850 Skye
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 22:00
Hi just got my set today and fitted them, but what did you connect all the small wires for the LEDs too. I am thinking it is going to have to be a relay and a switch but is there a neater option. I dont have the elec headlight adjustment. Anybody got any bright ideas? cheers

PaulZX
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 22:19
Hi just got my set today and fitted them, but what did you connect all the small wires for the LEDs too. I am thinking it is going to have to be a relay and a switch but is there a neater option. I dont have the elec headlight adjustment. Anybody got any bright ideas? cheers

I just connected them to ignition live, that way the eyes are lit up all the time the key is in and turned....

I used a wire from the headlight adjusters.... but any ignition live wire will do....

850 Skye
Wednesday 19th August 2009, 21:32
hi i had thought of that but i don't like the idea of them being lit all the time i think i will just fit a switch and relay thanks for your help anyway will post some pics when i get the lights all wired up, what a diffance they make to the look of the car.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:39
They run H1 bulbs, and yeah, easy to wire up, the plugs match up nice, and as you lose the adjustable height thingy, I used the red and white wire from that plug, for an ignition live, and earthed them to the bonnet catch bracket. The fit is great, they line up really well, and look loads better in the flesh....

I'll give her a bit of tlc tomorrow, and do some better pics...

Wonder if my HID setup would fit/work in place of the H1s? What is the light output like compared to standard Vol? Wife's Golf has VW standard 'angel eye' style lights that seem quite good by comparison to standard Vol. But not as good as HID. Thoughts wecomed

PaulZX
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:44
They're deffo brighter than the standard headlights, esp 13 yr old never cleaned inside jobbies like mine were, but not as bright as hids....

full beam is very bright... loads more than standard there....

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:00
As long as you're happy,Dave. Personally I don't like them. There are too many BMW E36s and ****roen Saxos running around with these to make it an enhancement. Sorry mate. Original is best in my humble opinion,can always get uprated bulbs..

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:11
As long as you're happy,Dave. Personally I don't like them. There are too many BMW E36s and ****roen Saxos running around with these to make it an enhancement. Sorry mate. Original is best in my humble opinion,can always get uprated bulbs..

Sitting on the fence here really. What I like is being able to see where I am going. I guess all these mods are reversible and to be fair, I think the angel-eyes thing looks pretty cool - although it does also dilute the pure Volvo look. As I think you have already said, it's what the owner likes that matters.
When I had my very first car, Triumph Dolomite 1300 (square headlights), I madly desired an 1850cc or better still a Sprint, which both had four Lucas circular lamps. Thought they looked so cool (mind you I was 19).
But bottom line is, I have yet to drive a car which throws enough light! So will continue my quest and may experiment!

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:16
Sitting on the fence here really. What I like is being able to see where I am going. I guess all these mods are reversible and to be fair, I think the angel-eyes thing looks pretty cool - although it does also dilute the pure Volvo look. As I think you have already said, it's what the owner likes that matters.
When I had my very first car, Triumph Dolomite 1300 (square headlights), I madly desired an 1850cc or better still a Sprint, which both had four Lucas circular lamps. Thought they looked so cool (mind you I was 19).
But bottom line is, I have yet to drive a car which throws enough light! So will continue my quest and may experiment!

Absolutely. Suppose I am a bit of a purist. I hate to see an 850 without the HWW. Been running Volvos for some 10 years now and love to see everything as it should be. Each to their own.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:58
I dunno, my standard headlights (running osram nightbreakers) were pretty bright....................driving across Rannoch moor and Glencoe at 11pm on a cold wet windy February night.

Brilliant drive that was from Glasgow to Fort William that night, 4 cars in 100 miles! (very strange across Rannoch though as there are no lights as reference points, so you go round a bend, and it looks exactly the same except with more deer LOL)

AlanG
Thursday 27th August 2009, 00:19
I dunno, my standard headlights (running osram nightbreakers) were pretty bright....................driving across Rannoch moor and Glencoe at 11pm on a cold wet windy February night.

Brilliant drive that was from Glasgow to Fort William that night, 4 cars in 100 miles! (very strange across Rannoch though as there are no lights as reference points, so you go round a bend, and it looks exactly the same)

Rannoch Moor is an eerie place. In the winter it's like Siberia. Nearly lost my life up there once. Was driving a stretch Sprinter in high winds and the 7.5t in front lost it to a side wind. 100mph winds and in a clearing. The Transit minibus coming towards me had it's n/s/r wheel in the shale and was pointing straight at me. How I got out of that,I'll never know. Still,get beyond Inverness and there are no speed limits. Can remember driving up there some 15 years ago at a steady 110mph in a Sierra twincam for 100 or so miles on single track to a wee place called Culkein. Memories eh?

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 27th August 2009, 00:28
Aye, memories.

I love those single tracks, still can't keep up with the locals (nutters) and when I used to see the postie comin, I would stick my car in a hedge to get out the way LOL

I remember drivin back from the pub one night and on going round a bend came face to face with a herd of around 20 deer crosing the road. Fortunately it was a tight bend, so took it slow, otherwise i would have hit them.

And we used to take sleeping bags and lie on them down the jetty and listen to the eerie sounds coming from the loch and look at the stars.

I feckin hate the West Midlands, I need to go to bed.

AlanG
Thursday 27th August 2009, 00:33
Aye, memories.

I love those single tracks, still can't keep up with the locals (nutters) and when I used to see the postie comin, I would stick my car in a hedge to get out the way LOL

I remember drivin back from the pub one night and on going round a bend came face to face with a herd of around 20 deer crosing the road. Fortunately it was a tight bend, so took it slow, otherwise i would have hit them.

And we used to take sleeping bags and lie on them down the jetty and listen to the eerie sounds coming from the loch and look at the stars.

I feckin hate the West Midlands, I need to go to bed.

Where you from originally Dave?

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 27th August 2009, 00:37
Always lived here, only moved a mile away from where I grew up, depressing as it is.

AlanG
Thursday 27th August 2009, 00:41
Always lived here, only moved a mile away from where I grew up, depressing as it is.

You seem very familiar with the highlands mate,only reason I asked..

PaulZX
Thursday 27th August 2009, 01:48
I know the tak ma doon raod in kilsyth.... fun bit of black stuff there... leading up to the car park in the sky.....

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 27th August 2009, 07:48
You seem very familiar with the highlands mate,only reason I asked..

Spent most of my teenage years on holiday up there, every summer (and some Winters). Bloody fantastic!