PDA

View Full Version : What Exhaust?

Harry T4
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 16:55
Alright folks,

Just wondering what exhaust you guys would recommend for a 2002 V40 T4?

Been looking at the jetex and it seems to be the only 1 i can find! That or a custom 1 what would be best?

Cheers

Harry

850r boy
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 18:01
Hello Harry, I have a Jetex system on my 850R and it perfect, its not to loud its just right really. It fits nicely unlike some.

chisai
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 18:14
What you doin' with the old one? Need one for my '98 2.0 T.

MrMopp
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 18:43
Alright folks,

Just wondering what exhaust you guys would recommend for a 2002 V40 T4?

Been looking at the jetex and it seems to be the only 1 i can find! That or a custom 1 what would be best?

Cheers

Harry

Wait for al115 or enigma to pop up im sure they will have plenty of info for you :)

Al115
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 19:04
Hello mate :)

I went for a custom stainless steel job on my T4 - in fact I didn't, but rather I bought it off someone who had had it made up. 3" with single silencer and race cat. Very happy with it - not too loud on the motorway.

I had a Jetex on one of my previous T4s and that was OK but not too exciting.

Some of the other guys will be along soon I imagine! :)

Enigma666
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 20:03
Ooooh I got a mention to do with S40's the weekend I sell mine :( Thanks MrMopp though :D

Right, if you want one, there are people that rave about the jt-tuning ones :D

Exhausts (http://www.jt-tuning.se)

They do with and without cat 3" full turbo back for reasonable money and just cat back systems :)

MrMopp
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 20:35
See harry :) rub the T4 magic lamp and they shall appear lol :D

Enigma666
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 20:51
See harry :) rub the T4 magic lamp and they shall appear lol :D

Lol Sadly I am less of a genie, more a "has a multitude of links in favourites and a mind like a sponge" when it comes to these sorts of things :D

Then again.......the outfit could be fun.... lol

Harry T4
Monday 23rd February 2009, 22:33
Cheers guys,

I'll have a look at that site, is there any other recommendations you could give to add to the performance of my T4, only thing i have done so far is a K&N panel filter.

Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Harry

Al115
Monday 23rd February 2009, 23:00
Strut brace and koni sports shocks / springs transformed mine. Rear bushes too if they need replacing.

ECU remap is always a winner as well... :)

And then there's the brakes... :D :D :D

madhouse
Monday 2nd March 2009, 13:41
What's the verdict? I would like a decent system when I replace mine on the T4 but want to keep the large oval tailpipe look, not have a chavvy tinny rasp, more a deep burble tone, but must be motorway friendly....fussy huh? Any pointers??

Enigma666
Monday 2nd March 2009, 13:44
Go custom.....look round for somewhere close to home and have them knock you one up, you 'should' be able to pick your tail pipe style, note of exhaust, etc etc should still only be around the £300 - £350 mark for a cat back custom job :)

T4_Al
Monday 2nd March 2009, 19:23
Powerflow in Telford quoted me £650 for a 3'' turbo back T304 decat stainless system

I decided against it though, and have ordered a Jetex 2.5 cat back which is only £258 inc vat and delivery and il just have the decat pipe fitted and then purchase the 3'' downpipe seperatly.

T4FLY
Tuesday 3rd March 2009, 03:35
What's the verdict? I would like a decent system when I replace mine on the T4 but want to keep the large oval tailpipe look, not have a chavvy tinny rasp, more a deep burble tone, but must be motorway friendly....fussy huh? Any pointers??

One of the guys that used to be on here custom fit a Magnex oval back box or cat back- cant remember. Looked good though and wasn't too loud.