PDA

View Full Version : ETS lamp

nagrom
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 12:49
C70 T5 2000my Occasionally the ets lamp flashes on briefly, does this mean an impending problem with the throttle control or is it normal? car runs fine although again at odd times it seems to hunt slightly on tickover.

thebadger
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 14:12
If it hunts at idle, most likley it's a etm fault.

When were the leads & plugs last changed?

Do you run premium fuel?

Remember, VCS will only deal if the car is less than 10yrs and is less than 100K miles (think it's both, but may be either) worth the call if it's not been done as they could withdraw the offer at any time! (or be sold or go bust.... who knows these days!)

hth

nagrom
Monday 23rd February 2009, 10:07
thanks for that.

The hunting is very erratic, maybe does it once a fortnight, and when it does it, it is only on tickover and the revs vary by about 100rpm never goes above 900rpm.

One other thing I have noticed, again very rarely, is what can only be described as a very slight hesitancy when accelarating at about 1500-2000rpm, it's not what I would call a flat spot, it's as if you've backed off the throttle just by the tiniest amount.

Car has covered 87k

As an aside

A new turbo was fitted by the Plymouth Volvo dealer about 2 years ago together with a service and timing belt change but since then they have given up the dealership, on trying to track the service history (their service reminders are stuck on the screen so it was serviced by them for a number of years according to the stickers), it seems the service history is lost, I called Volvo HQ and they don't have any trace of the car except the last service, any ideas?