PDA

View Full Version : front end bushes

dob
Saturday 21st February 2009, 21:47
hi guys its been a while since i posted on any of the forums due to work and moving house. so am back now you cant get rid of me that easily lol.

Anyways i had the old brick in for a test last week and she sailed through never even got a single advisory which surprised me as it feels more like a boat every day when cornering.
So i am looking to replace as many of the bushes/mounts as i can. I already have a powerflex top mount and would like to use powerflex as much as poss.
I will replace the strut top mounts at same time.
Can anyone give me a full list of all the parts i need so i can start shopping around for the powerflex bushes and so i know what to ask rufe for.
cheers dob

t5 pete
Saturday 21st February 2009, 22:01
what car do you have?
powerflex do poly bushes for the wishbones
if you want better it requires some pennys better suspension strut brace

dob
Saturday 21st February 2009, 22:07
what car do you have?
powerflex do poly bushes for the wishbones
if you want better it requires some pennys better suspension strut brace

its an 855r manual
genuine volvo strut brace already fitted. should have said.
think am going to powerflex the wishbones and bulkhead mount but not sure what else i can do.

Rufe
Saturday 21st February 2009, 22:46
even though i'm in the house at the minute i can give you the price of a pair of front strut top mounts off the top of my head (seeing as i price these up most days lol) they come out at £52.00 after discount for the pair plus £4.20 postage. (pn 8646713 x2)

Simon

dob
Saturday 21st February 2009, 22:57
even though i'm in the house at the minute i can give you the price of a pair of front strut top mounts off the top of my head (seeing as i price these up most days lol) they come out at £52.00 after discount for the pair plus £4.20 postage. (pn 8646713 x2)

Simon

cheers mate is there 2 parts to the top mounts? (top and bottom)

Rufe
Monday 23rd February 2009, 10:19
well there is the lower part (spring seat) which i quoted for above, and an upper part (support plate). The upper part are no where near as common to fail and most of the time wont need to be changed, which is good as they are more than double the price of the spring seats

dob
Monday 23rd February 2009, 19:25
well there is the lower part (spring seat) which i quoted for above, and an upper part (support plate). The upper part are no where near as common to fail and most of the time wont need to be changed, which is good as they are more than double the price of the spring seats

cheers mate i will be ordering a pair of the lower parts from you in the near future.