PDA

View Full Version : Creaking and smells

Rocprof
Friday 20th February 2009, 19:22
Hi

Just bought a C70 and have noticed a strange exhaust smell coming into the cab but only when im booting the car also seems to fade on the turbo in third for a second before I get the smell coming through, then theres the creaking. she drives fine but after about 10 or 15 minutes the front suspension starts to creak as she drives is there a quick fix for this or am I gonna be ripping the thing apart

flyingbrick
Friday 20th February 2009, 19:56
Hi

Just bought a C70 and have noticed a strange exhaust smell coming into the cab but only when im booting the car also seems to fade on the turbo in third for a second before I get the smell coming through, then theres the creaking. she drives fine but after about 10 or 15 minutes the front suspension starts to creak as she drives is there a quick fix for this or am I gonna be ripping the thing apart

The creeking could be the top engine mounting they seem to ba common fault on all the T5,s.
As for the smell. It its fumes them good luck bud. Sorry...

tomtyres
Friday 20th February 2009, 20:06
The smell could be hot oil.
My 850 T5 used to smell of oil after a thrashing, check your dipstick when running and hot, does it puff out some smelly steam? might not be this, but then again?

Rocprof
Friday 20th February 2009, 21:44
Thanks guys will check all of what you recommended and feed back to you guys. Im kinda planning on driving her for about a year by which time all being fair and equal will have new garage and workshop to pull her apart and trip her out a little. Sadly shes a 175bhp down on my last toy before comming to the UK and I need the power must have power:mischievo

gazjacko
Monday 23rd February 2009, 20:46
My Dad's now in his 70s and doesn't give a damn about what other people think anymore. He's always moaning about his bones creaking and he does seem to have more wind than he used to.
so perhaps it's down to old age and diet!:lol:
Or for the creaking you could have a look at the top suspension mounts, Bonnet open drive slowly up a kerb with someone looking for movement.
dipstick out, rev when warm see if you get oil smoke.