PDA

View Full Version : Project P1800

MrMopp
Thursday 19th February 2009, 09:53
Well i finally picked her up after being delayed by the snow :rant:

She needs a lot of TLC :sick:

It will remain with a RWD layout but i will be converting her to a T5 engine , i feel a long and painful journey beginning :insane:

LesRED850R
Thursday 19th February 2009, 10:21
Well i finally picked her up after being delayed by the snow :rant:

She needs a lot of TLC :sick:

It will remain with a RWD layout but i will be converting her to a T5 engine , i feel a long and painful journey beginning :insane:
MMMMMM, and if you dont post a picture of every single move you must be slaughtered ...........Videos must be from a hosting site , not on yu tube as the Q is RUBBISH. NOW....You will be vilified for defiling a P1800 , BUT ......The modern engine in the old 'bitty' is a great idea...I wish you the BEST , and the best is what is expected when you %$#K with an old car. I am excited and i hope yu can give us lots of updates , regularly....LES M.

Niles
Thursday 19th February 2009, 12:16
find a 740 or 760 turbo & use that engine & drivetrain (RWD). should go like stink if you tune it to 250ish BHP!!! (standard 740 or 760 turbo was 187bhp)

Niles
Thursday 19th February 2009, 12:17
and I dare you to paint it saffron!!! lol

Mrsmopp
Thursday 19th February 2009, 12:32
I have just 2 words................lawn and mower...................

dave stew
Thursday 19th February 2009, 12:43
Oh wow. That reminds of the old RS diehards who would hook up a tuned Cosworth turbo engine into a Mk2 RS2000. It's the wiring that's the bugger - and that was using 80's EECIV technonolgy....

Good luck!

MrMopp
Thursday 19th February 2009, 14:26
and I dare you to paint it saffron!!! lol

Saffron is an option ;) either that or silver :)

I have just 2 words................lawn and mower...................

Its in progress :duck:

Oh wow. That reminds of the old RS diehards who would hook up a tuned Cosworth turbo engine into a Mk2 RS2000. It's the wiring that's the bugger - and that was using 80's EECIV technonolgy....

Good luck!

In respect of the wiring i know a man who can , he makes custom race wiring harnesses :)

Tomcat
Thursday 19th February 2009, 17:37
There are cheaper ways of renting a skip you know! :B_blite::hilarious

MrMopp
Thursday 19th February 2009, 18:13
There are cheaper ways of renting a skip you know! :B_blite::hilarious

You reckon lol have you priced one lately :eye-poppi

lance
Thursday 19th February 2009, 20:59
Cant wait to see this done!

t5 pete
Thursday 19th February 2009, 23:18
Hi mr mop are you deff going for a t5 engine swap as you know im on with doing loads of research for my 240 and the 2.3 4cly you can get a lot of power out of them with the right mods and even with the 8v head and with the 4cly and 8v you will have loads more room to work with also ive been on turbo bricks and they say the standard boxes are pretty good but if wanting a really good one go for a t5 box these can be found on the serria cosworth and all you need is a adapter plate i do have the web site for the plate if you want it send me a pm

MrMopp
Friday 20th February 2009, 18:39
Hi mr mop are you deff going for a t5 engine swap as you know im on with doing loads of research for my 240 and the 2.3 4cly you can get a lot of power out of them with the right mods and even with the 8v head and with the 4cly and 8v you will have loads more room to work with also ive been on turbo bricks and they say the standard boxes are pretty good but if wanting a really good one go for a t5 box these can be found on the serria cosworth and all you need is a adapter plate i do have the web site for the plate if you want it send me a pm

Its pretty certain to be a T5 mate ive located all the parts i need and picking the engine up very shortly :)

Jon K
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 20:58
What gearbox are you planning to use?

Looking forward to seeing the progress!!

Al115
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 21:30
Outstanding! :D

MrMopp
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 09:53
What gearbox are you planning to use?

Looking forward to seeing the progress!!

I will be using either an M90 volvo box or as said by pete a cosworth box but from what ive read the box off the 2.9 sierra fits straight on aswell although they are 4 wheel drive so not sure how you would get round that :rolling_e

Outstanding! :D

I hope it will be :D at least you know the engine hoist is being put too good use ;)

I played with the idea of a T4 conversion aswell but not sure on the gearboxes available for the RWD part ?

t5 pete
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 10:45
I will be using either an M90 volvo box or as said by pete a cosworth box but from what ive read the box off the 2.9 sierra fits straight on aswell although they are 4 wheel drive so not sure how you would get round that :rolling_e

I hope it will be :D at least you know the engine hoist is being put too good use ;)

I played with the idea of a T4 conversion aswell but not sure on the gearboxes available for the RWD part ?

theres adapter plates you can buy for the borg warner t5 boxes found in the 2wd cossy have you joined turbo bricks since i did i have found a hell of a lot about doing the turbo conversion on the 240 with these adapter plates you use your original bell housing but unsure what plate you would need to use a bell housing from a white block so best to post a question up there if you allready havent