PDA

View Full Version : ECU Flash vs OBDII port tuning

screwloose
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 17:05
Going to have my ETM done tomorrow :D

whilst i am there providing everything else goes well, i may have the ECU chip flashed,which i believe is just rewritng the ECU chip... i cant quite run to having it tuned via the OBDII port, as this is a bit more

what are your thoughts on the ecu chip flashing versus the tuning via OBDII port ?

cheers

Nev

Terminator
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 18:13
I think you will find that these are one and the same, unless they are soldering in a new chip on the ECU. The ECU is 'flashed' via the OBD ll Port. Make sure you have your performance upgrade after the ETM has been sorted as they will download updated software for the throttle management settings which will overwrite any previously uploaded performance software such as Rica or MTE.

screwloose
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 18:34
cheers bud,

yer if i have it done it will be at the same place, so would be after ETM providing all goes well.

just wondered if there was a difference in methods, i know the 2nd tune included rolling road before and after etc, that could be where the extra costs are incurred ??

cheers

850r boy
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 20:02
I Had my 850R chipped and its like a different car, very smooth grate power I would tell everyone to get it done. If you have any questions about chipping Call RT Mechanic there very helpfull and grate people and know what they are talking about.

screwloose
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 22:14
cheers Bud

i will have a chat with them about it whilst i am there tomorrow :D