PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 GLT advice please

dubkopfeyellow
Monday 16th February 2009, 09:42
Spotted an '96 850 T5 GLT for sale locally at a garage it looks tidy from the pics

168k on the clock and a history from the volvo dealer in chippenham, it looks well looked after, but quite a low spec, only half leather and no trip computer

It's up at £1695 just wondered if you guys thought this was pricey i'm sure if it was up privately it'd be no more than 1200 max?

flyingbrick
Monday 16th February 2009, 10:00
IMOA. I think that is exspensive in todays climate mate. Maybe if it was mint with half the millage then ye maybe......

5seaterT5x2
Monday 16th February 2009, 10:54
Spotted an '96 850 T5 GLT for sale locally at a garage it looks tidy from the pics

168k on the clock and a history from the volvo dealer in chippenham, it looks well looked after, but quite a low spec, only half leather and no trip computer

It's up at £1695 just wondered if you guys thought this was pricey i'm sure if it was up privately it'd be no more than 1200 max?

i have an oct 95 glt you could get for £1100 for a quick sale NO OFFERS similar mileage, has leather and trip computer,cargo nets and load cover, Only thing i know for certain it needs is a fan (cos i took it of and put it on my 1st car cos that was knacked) for heater but loads on ebay i'll get one and fit it when i get a minute. had it about a year,had plans but they never happened ho hum. not a lot of history though i'm afraid but had new complete clutch/thrust bearing,cam belt and tensioners and new genuine water pump.fitted as soon as i bought car just to be on safe side with cam belt as no history to be sure of belt. oh and it's manual. give us a pm if you are interested Gareth
P.S. just seen your other post ;-/ it also has a bracket for detachable towbar but no detachable bit never got it with car but will include another complete detachable towbar if you wanna fit it.

850 2.5 10v
Monday 16th February 2009, 16:50
When you can buy a brand new Vectra 1.8VVTi Estate for £5995 - it makes a tired high mileage 850 T5 GLT at £1695 look unbelievably expensive. (Plus you'll be spending at least £400 putting things right believe me. So you will be 1/3 the way to a new car....or much closer to a one yr old.

Ok I know they are not the same but those Vectras are not that slow in real life.

Chap, cars are worth nothing nowdays and I am afraid its just getting worse and worse.

That car is £350 - £400 through an auction max.

Get to your local auction one day and see how much car you could get for £1695 - you would be AMAZED!

Cheers

Tomcat
Monday 16th February 2009, 17:24
Have a root on Ebay, there's some real bargains to be had at the moment.

S1RS
Monday 16th February 2009, 17:29
I gave 1500 quid for an 855 T5 with 160K 3 years ago so thats well overpriced imho. Ive just bought a '99 V70 T5 with 84K, FSH, full black leather etc, with a brand new unused genuine Volvo detachable towbar for just over 2 grand!

t5 pete
Monday 16th February 2009, 18:35
yep thats way too much you would be able to get a r for that money and in the same condition but with a higher spec theres loads on ebay have a look on there

dubkopfeyellow
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 07:19
i have an oct 95 glt you could get for £1100 for a quick sale NO OFFERS similar mileage, has leather and trip computer,cargo nets and load cover, Only thing i know for certain it needs is a fan (cos i took it of and put it on my 1st car cos that was knacked) for heater but loads on ebay i'll get one and fit it when i get a minute. had it about a year,had plans but they never happened ho hum. not a lot of history though i'm afraid but had new complete clutch/thrust bearing,cam belt and tensioners and new genuine water pump.fitted as soon as i bought car just to be on safe side with cam belt as no history to be sure of belt. oh and it's manual. give us a pm if you are interested Gareth
P.S. just seen your other post ;-/ it also has a bracket for detachable towbar but no detachable bit never got it with car but will include another complete detachable towbar if you wanna fit it.

Cheers bud but ilfords a little far from me, don't mind travelling a bit but your nealry 200 miles away

thanks for the offer tho

I have looked on ebay everything appears to be an auto at the moment REALLY want a manual :lol:

Also spotted a B5 VW Passat Sport 1.8T now for 1k so thats tempting me, but it's nowhere near as fast as a t5

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 18:16
Cheers bud but ilfords a little far from me, don't mind travelling a bit but your nealry 200 miles away

thanks for the offer tho

I have looked on ebay everything appears to be an auto at the moment REALLY want a manual :lol:

Also spotted a B5 VW Passat Sport 1.8T now for 1k so thats tempting me, but it's nowhere near as fast as a t5

yes this is a manual and i certainly would not recomend an auto to anyone especially towing i had a nasty experience with an auto and am still paying for it, but thats just my opinion on autos based on my experience.

approx 125 miles is a fair bit of 200 according to multimap but no worries,and good luck