PDA

View Full Version : anybody used an ecotek

scoobydo1276
Sunday 15th February 2009, 15:00
hi all :B_thumb:

I bought and fitted an ecotek CB-26P valve a few weeks ago which claims to improve throttle response and mpg...ive fitted it correctly according to the manufacturer and it does improve throttle response as it feels like theres much more torque, but the mpg has'nt improved at all, im getting 20.4 :sorry: around town with a light foot and also this is a non turbo :mad:...does that mpg sound right for a non turbo?

im just wondering if anybody has had any previous experience with them and what their results are?

pangster
Sunday 15th February 2009, 15:10
hi all :B_thumb:

I bought and fitted an ecotek CB-26P valve a few weeks ago which claims to improve throttle response and mpg...ive fitted it correctly according to the manufacturer and it does improve throttle response as it feels like theres much more torque, but the mpg has'nt improved at all, im getting 20.4 :sorry: around town with a light foot and also this is a non turbo :mad:...does that mpg sound right for a non turbo?

im just wondering if anybody has had any previous experience with them and what their results are?

you should have saved your money!.. they are a pile of poo and don't do anything! (except maybe an annoying noise! lol!).. anything you 'think' you've achieved by fitting one is just a placebo effect..

there was a good write up on this and other magic gadgets and it explained exactly why they don't work.. let me see if i still have it...

EDIT: here you go:

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ecotek.htm

HTH

Al115
Sunday 15th February 2009, 18:53
I had one briefly and it was sh*t.

scoobydo1276
Monday 16th February 2009, 18:54
I had one briefly and it was sh*t.

Yep i think your right it seems to do naff all on my motor :cussing:....

i think i'll sell onto some sucker like me who can be conned into believing it works for them,,what a sucker i am :troutslap

LeeT5
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 01:31
Get yer money back. They are a gimmick! They do jack.

PaulZX
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 01:42
they're ££££.... sold as seen rubbish that migh have worked once in a certain car, but they might've moved the carpet out of the way, that would probably help as much.

No offence, but junk it.... a vaccuum leak is a leak, no matter how much the box it came in tells you other wise.....