PDA

View Full Version : Swedish day

marky 76
Sunday 15th February 2009, 09:46
I have recieved a email from robin and kerry who put on an awesome meet for all swedish cars last year,, I,ts great news they will be organising another
They have set the date as below and will be held at the haynes motor museum again , there will be a few trade stalls at the show ( saab ) i,m guessing , there will also be a reduced entrance fee into the museum itself , this is a cracking day and one not to be missed for anyones calender

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa145/marky76t5gt/image001.png

abdul
Sunday 15th February 2009, 12:33
might attend

gazbak1
Sunday 15th February 2009, 18:06
looks more like a saab day than a Swedish day

mikouk
Sunday 15th February 2009, 19:08
Looks good, might take a trip up there.

marky 76
Sunday 15th February 2009, 19:29
looks more like a saab day than a Swedish day

well it,s a swedish day, dont mean this to be a dig but there were only 3 or 4 volvo,s there, if more people took the time to attend great meets like these then the volvo,s would of been up in numbers with the saabs !!! i heard about this meet on this very forum here as robbin had taken the time to post all the details here !!!!!

gazbak1
Sunday 15th February 2009, 21:55
i didnt mean that in a bad way, it was a joke!

anyway whats on offer at this place then :discount parts, performance parts??

gazbak1

marky 76
Sunday 15th February 2009, 22:25
to be honest i dont know what they have in the way of trade stands , best emailing robbin to find out,,
for me it,s haveing a good look about even if it is saabs lol , but the cheap entry into the motor museum itself , they have some fantastic cars in there

y2blade
Monday 16th February 2009, 21:12
what date is it?

daveforber
Monday 16th February 2009, 21:21
10th May. There's (a little bit) more information on http://www.swedishday.co.uk/

y2blade
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 07:49
10th May. There's (a little bit) more information on http://www.swedishday.co.uk/

thanks

Slomo
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 09:45
tempting. Road trip? Convoy down :)

I promise to behave lol

Slo

wegal
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 10:25
Youve never behaved in your life !!!!! I might be up for this even if its just to get a look at slomo's insane s40 again.

gazbak1
Tuesday 17th February 2009, 14:28
im up for a convoy down

bring on the volvo massive!! lol

gazbak1

Saaamon
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 21:38
well it,s a swedish day, dont mean this to be a dig but there were only 3 or 4 volvo,s there, if more people took the time to attend great meets like these then the volvo,s would of been up in numbers with the saabs !!! i heard about this meet on this very forum here as robbin had taken the time to post all the details here !!!!!

Agreed, we should turn up in force lol! I'm well up for this.

marky 76
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 21:58
it is a good meet and what made it for me was the haynes motor museum itself,, lets hope we get a good volvo turn out this time round

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 22:41
they should hold these events in IKEA car parks lol

Saaamon
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 23:12
they should hold these events in IKEA car parks lol

Why?

volvolised
Sunday 15th March 2009, 18:03
Why?

Duuuuuh !! cos they have hot swedish babes in bikinis washing swedish cars's in the car park lol.........or was that just a dream....whatever.... its a nice thought ....i'll be coming marky i have a signed consent form from wifey......

Ian C
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 15:06
I was going to go in my Saab V4 but I've been working abroad for ages and it's not finished. Then I planned to take the R but now I'm going under the knife on the 8th so I'm going to miss it. Bugger.

marky 76
Friday 24th April 2009, 16:38
this event is nearly here so just a reminder

hope to see some volvo,s there this year

marky 76
Friday 24th April 2009, 21:39
just a quick update,, robin has told me that the local volvo dealer will be there and will choose his best volvo which will be rewarded by a trophie plaque of sorts ,, so get polishing now folks

cheers marky

S70T5Chris
Friday 24th April 2009, 21:49
just a quick update,, robin has told me that the local volvo dealer will be there and will choose his best volvo which will be rewarded by a trophie plaque of sorts ,, so get polishing now folks

cheers marky

That plaque belongs to me bitches! :ices_rofl:hilarious

volvolised
Friday 24th April 2009, 22:25
That plaque belongs to me bitches! :ices_rofl:hilarious

Make sure you dont scratch it at nurburgring beforehand then........or I will win pmsl..

MIKESC70T5
Friday 24th April 2009, 23:08
oh err, i'm not working that Sunday, can i come along in the convoy with the Southerners?

mikouk
Saturday 25th April 2009, 13:55
Where are you guys all thinking of going from as it would be good to tag along?

S70T5Chris
Saturday 25th April 2009, 17:27
Where are you guys all thinking of going from as it would be good to tag along?

Hi Mark

No game plan as yet, but i'm sure we'll get one sorted soon, and convoy down together. Soon as it's sorted i'll let you know. Be good to catch up again. How's that V70 coming along?!

mikouk
Saturday 25th April 2009, 17:58
Hi Chris

Yes not bad. Literally just come in from taking the map off the car as its playing up a bit but Russ says there's a shiny new one waiting for me so hopefully I'll get that on monday! The car really feels sluggish without the map though! Apart from that its going great. New ipod adapter arriving on Monday too.

It'll be good to catch up again! We could meet at the Vine as thats at the start of the route for a few of us anyway isn't it?

Cheers
Mark

kevin lord
Sunday 26th April 2009, 08:16
where is the convoy start

robinmorley
Friday 1st May 2009, 11:28
Hi
Robin here.
Took me a while to log into this forum, could not get pass go, so i re-joined.
Yes it did look like a Saab show last year but I always wanted it to be a Swedish Day. I tried very hard last year for Volvo to come on board but they did not want to know, Saab also did not want to come but they did loan a few flags and banners which we displayed. I even purchased a couple of Volvo flags just in case they were not interested this year. But, both the Volvo and Saab dealers are coming along and as it has been mentioned the local Volvo dealer will be giving an award out for their fav Volvo. There will also be a peoples choice for best Volvo, so at least two chances to win. There is a 3rd award at the show which will be given by GBMotorBooks and this could be anyone and the car does not need to be prestine.
Hope to see a few of you next weekend.
Robin.

mikouk
Saturday 9th May 2009, 13:05
Is everyone still going to this? Is there still a convoy going from the south coast?

BruceT
Saturday 9th May 2009, 13:28
I'll be there

robinmorley
Sunday 10th May 2009, 07:27
The sun is out and its warm here in Yeovil. Drive with care.

richiemat
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:06
did i miss the photos? *edit found them :)

how was the day. shame i couldnt make it.

rich

robinmorley
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 23:30
Hi everyone.
I want to thank everybody who came to this years show and made it such a great success. So many cars, so many models of Volvos and Saabs this year. I'm not sure how you were able to judge your favs but you did.
i have put a few pictures up on Flickr and you can find them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/trollpowersaab/sets/72157617893226361/ I'm still high at the moment with thoughts of next year allready buzzing around in my head.

Please can i ask for suggestions for next year or maybe things you did not like about this year. Maybe email them to me at robin@swedishday.co.uk
The one big thing that will be differant next year is that we will be in the field and not the car park, the one thing that wont change is mixing the cars when they are parked.

Once again, thank you to everyone and that includes the great people who helped to set up and help me run the show with me.
Robin

Justin
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 08:31
Looks like a good day, however from the pictures it seems Volvo's were outnumbered again. Perhaps next year we can get a bit more involved and get some metal there....

Great work though Robin, I know how hard these things are to run and organise :)

robinmorley
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 10:29
Justin, thank you for your kind words and a big thank you to Mark also.

robinmorley
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 10:34
An update for all those interested.
We have just uploaded part one of three videos from Swedish Day 2. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQ7JgBzYzg
Robin

robinmorley
Thursday 14th May 2009, 00:49
Not wishing to send you to sleep but the other videos are now on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIrArSBVc54&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7DPDr_NWx8&feature=channel

marky 76
Thursday 14th May 2009, 14:34
hey robin thanks again for putting on a great meet, better than last year and will only get better as the years pass again thanks to you and kerry for putting on a great event cheers mark