PDA

View Full Version : T5 swap for an N/A 850...

Dgp850
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 23:40
Tell me i'm just being silly, but given that T5 engines and boxes with low miles can cost as little as 300 quid off ebay, ignoring labour charges for the time being, is it at all a good, feasible idea to swap it into a N/A 854 and have even more of a sleeper than an R is in the first place? I am awfully bored of the half hearted 2.0 20v and the lack of shove it provides you see, sounds so much better than it goes.

Cheers :)

Tomcat
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 23:42
For the work involved you'd probably be better selling the one you have now and buying a T5, they're going for buttons at the moment if you look in the right places.

mk3phill
Thursday 12th February 2009, 01:11
i agree with TC,. if youve got the money to spare id just buy a T5 or R outright,.... swapping the engine isnt as easy as it may seem and you could encounter numerous problems,..then again it could work perfect first time....ebay would be your best bet,.. ive seen many T5 pass thru there for stupid amounts of money these last few months,..(altho im getting ready to swap out my 2.5 10v for a 2.5 20v lpt,.. but my saloon holds a somewhat personal value that i could not sell it.)

Alan M
Thursday 12th February 2009, 07:58
Buy a T5 and put your NA badges on it.

Saaamon
Monday 16th February 2009, 22:58
Buy a T5 and put your NA badges on it.

Your best option mate.