PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fitted sports/bucket seats???

cragmaz
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 20:58
Hi all,

Fancying some buckets for my 855 T5, but just got a couple of concerns about subframes and fitting kits, has anybody fitted any to their 850??

If so, what and how much, oh and how difficult/easy was it???

Cheers in advance

Craig

Adge
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 21:51
Why replace comfortable, appropriate looking seats with something which may look chavvy and unlikely to be as comfortable. Maybe my age is showing!!!!! LOL

marky 76
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 21:57
theres a guy with a red 850r who has fitted bucket seats to his car ( saloon ) my apolagies for not remembering his name ,, he does use it for a lot of track sessions, I have just fitted some honda seats into my c70 as the electrics were playing up and the bolsters had worn, volvo seats are comfy armchair like but i like some on a track they just dont cut it,, i made mt own subframes for mine out of the volvo honda seats marky

p fandango
Thursday 12th February 2009, 04:24
http://www.covcrew.co.uk/volvo-850-t5/archive/interior/interior15.jpg
mine are mounted on universal runners which are just drilled & bolted to the floor, you'll be surprised the weight difference between the factory seats

sauce
Thursday 12th February 2009, 10:05
question i was going ask aswel lol

p fandango where did you bolt your harnesses too??

p fandango
Thursday 12th February 2009, 10:33
i've only got 3 point harnesses, the side 2 are bolted to holes on the rear feet of the seat frame & the rear one is bolted to an existing hole by the rear suspension turret

i am thinking of going upto 5 point harnesses & getting a mounting bar made for across where the rear seat back was

cookie
Thursday 12th February 2009, 11:02
theres a guy with a red 850r who has fitted bucket seats to his car ( saloon ) my apolagies for not remembering his name ,, he does use it for a lot of track sessions, I have just fitted some honda seats into my c70 as the electrics were playing up and the bolsters had worn, volvo seats are comfy armchair like but i like some on a track they just dont cut it,, i made mt own subframes for mine out of the volvo honda seats marky

Elliot, but he's usually on T5D5

p fandango
Saturday 14th February 2009, 17:11
you can see the rear mount in this pic, my harnesses are clip-on so i just bolted the eyelet into the existing hole

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/eb2b4b3a1b.jpg