PDA

View Full Version : trying to get driving lightschanged

james
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 17:01
hello all can anyone help me am trying to change the 'bb' bulbs for the driving lights can anyone help? i have a n reg t5 estate

Alan M
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 18:57
What do you mean by 'bb' bulbs?

Alan M
Wednesday 11th February 2009, 19:36
The dim/dip bulbs on yours will be H1 items and they are the same in the Main beam. The cover on the back of the light rotates off with a light force applied. The bulbs are inside the headlight held in by a spring clip which hooks off. Be careful not to touch the bulbs on fitting as the oil in your skin will cause hotspots on the glass and cause them to blow/fail. If you are considering brighter bulbs you will be best buying a HID kit from a retailer on the net. I have three kits from a retaileer on ebay called dianeshop and they work well.

dooby
Thursday 12th February 2009, 14:40
Hiya,

in section 6.6, the 2nd picture shows roughly how to change main beam bulbs and "daylight runner" bulbs. Daylight runner bulbs are the same as dipped beam but I think are run slightly dimmer with a lower voltage.

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/1994/1994_850/94850_6_5.html

HTH, Pete

Babybadger
Thursday 12th February 2009, 16:10
Driving light bulbs as far as I am aware are just the dipped beam lights. If your car has 2 domes to swivel out for main and dipped , they both use H1 bulbs. If you want to turn off the daylight running bulbs, the light switch in the car has a small screw in the corner, just turn this and it should turn the lights off when running and light switch is set to off.

55w , just don't go higher, blue tinted are fine, got mine from ebay ......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220345634934

james
Thursday 12th February 2009, 21:05
hi babybadger thanks for your reply,yes have bought a xennon bulb kit off ebay and fitted them,thanks for the advice i will have another pop tomora,cheers