PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to remove wipers and headlamps to change side light bulbs 'bb'

james
Sunday 8th February 2009, 12:15
hello all ive had my n reg t5 estate six months now and what a motor tyres have gone on front now so its been sat while weve had snow.ive bought a bulb kit but fitting the bb driving lights dosnt seem straight forward.please help

dooby
Sunday 8th February 2009, 14:22
Hi,

you don't need to remove the headlamps or wipers to change the bulbs. The main beam and dipped beam are accessed by unscrewing a round black plastic cover in the back of the headlamp unit. The inner covers are main beam, the outer are dipped beam I think.

For the sidelights (above the indicators?) there is a little silver metal loop that is sprung, you need to carefully pull that back into the engine bay then lower it or lift it so it comes out of the catch, then let it spring back gently and the corner unit will come away from the car. Then you can disconnect the wiring plug and pull out the bulb holder to replace.

HTH, Pete

woz
Monday 9th February 2009, 18:35
Pete is right. But doing the dipped beam bulbs is a piggy job cos of the angle you need get your fingers in, and its hard to see whats going on. took me 30 mins last week :>(
I think one of the little clips may be bent (it prob is now haha) but I cannot tell without taking the whole unit out and I CBA in this weather.

Good luck - dont be put off by my little whinge - its not impossible just fiddly.

W:>)

james
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 22:44
hello ther thanks for the reply regarding the bulb changing,ive changed the main beam and the full beam no problem its the driving lights i am strugling with,there are two adjusters at the top of each light and they can turn to release the bulb holder but it dosnt let them remove fully.pls help