PDA

View Full Version : just got a 850 turbo in for scrap

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:16
where i work we just got a 850 turbo in for scrap. it doesnt say t5 but opened the bonnet it has 20 valve turbo engine but looks different to mine as the turbo is a lot more accessible and i was wondering if the engine turbo etc is the same or did they do another version with different engine. This car runs sweet as a nut and has an excellent 5 speed box its a 1994 wityh 138000 miles. Mine is a 1996 with the newer obd2 plug and different switches inside the car. Any advice much appreciated as if the the engines the same i will remove and rebuild it for my car.
If anyone needs any bits let me know as i will remove any bits anyone wants and sell very very cheap but be quick as the car must be crushed soon. THe car is burgandy with all good panels and the old type abs module with no tracs but works fine and has no air con

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:19
The earlier cars were only refered to as turbo, not T5... I'll have the intercooler piping if it's up for grabs...

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:21
not a problem mate i am starting to strip it tomorrow will let you know when its off and if you pay the p+p its yours

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:31
Cheers, does it look like this one below?, i.e. where the pipe goes across the top of the engine rather than around the side?.

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:34
yes thats the one.
Do you know if i can fit my air con to this none air con engine. Im guessing i can but confirmation would be nice. Also let me know do you want just the rubber hoses or all the intercooler pipework

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:36
All of it please. What are you wanting to do fit the engine out of it into your car? If so then yes you can, all you need to do is swap the compressor over onto the engine and use the longer driver belt.

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:43
yes i was gonna do the usual like forge blanking plate replace pcv and all belts. I was thinking of rebuild but it runs so good i might just replace all seals gaskets etc that usually fail then put into my car and when funds allow rebuild my old engine with performance crank conrods pistons etc etc then see what bhp it pushes out. The good thing being car wont be off the road for any length of time so i can take my time save the cash and buy the best parts.

cameron
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:46
What wheels does it have on it? If any :)

Looking for some cheap 17's

Lee

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:47
If it's running well and the PCV doesn't need changing then just throw it in and run it for the time being. These engines will go for a loooong time if they're well looked after.

walter leever
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:48
Cheers, does it look like this one below?, i.e. where the pipe goes across the top of the engine rather than around the side?.

Oi,if you use my pic,use the new one:uglyhamme(tidied up a bit)

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/Walterleever/DSC00117.jpg

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:49
standard 16s but im gonna get them refurbed and painted the same colour as the wheels on the r and the nice previous owner put 4 brand new tyres on to scrap it which saves me a couple of hundred quid

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:51
very nice walter im impressed

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:52
Oooo Eeeek!, caught out Copyright infringment!!!..

walter leever
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:55
Oooo Eeeek!, caught out Copyright infringment!!!..

Well i supose i could let you off with a warning this time:P

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:56
i could throw it in but i thought if i done all the things like pcv maybe crankshaft oil seal and check things like clutch wear and replace while engines sitting on a pallet its a lot easier and it gives me peace of mind cos im looking at taking maybe a year to rebuild my old motor cos i want to get the best bits but aint got the cash to do it all at once

Tomcat
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:56
Fankyou very much....:biggrin:

walter leever
Saturday 7th February 2009, 22:57
i could throw it in but i thought if i done all the things like pcv maybe crankshaft oil seal and check things like clutch wear and replace while engines sitting on a pallet its a lot easier and it gives me peace of mind cos im looking at taking maybe a year to rebuild my old motor cos i want to get the best bits but aint got the cash to do it all at once

It seems we all suffer from the same problem:slap:

so you want to built an high output engine(conrods,pistons the lot?)

stevenb
Saturday 7th February 2009, 23:01
tell me about it damned this credit crunch taking all my precious overtime

matt black t5 saloon
Saturday 7th February 2009, 23:31
i need a headlamp bulb holder clip

badger1980
Sunday 8th February 2009, 03:01
could i put dibs on the light switch if its the type with the little grub screw and the heater switches and window switches if it has them cheers

volvolised
Sunday 8th February 2009, 08:23
I would like the gearbox please, can you pm me a price..many thanks warren...

Jamest5r
Sunday 8th February 2009, 13:47
Hi i would be interested in the 15g turbo if its going cheers

polredt5
Sunday 8th February 2009, 20:06
Nsf wing if rust free?got a mates t5 to spray a wing on,but one in the same colour would be easier,thanks Paul.

stevenb
Sunday 8th February 2009, 21:38
paul im sure the wing is in good condition but will check and if ok will take it off tomorrow and its yours for the postage price or if you want you can arrange to have it collected. I will pm you tomorrow to arrange delivery

stevenb
Sunday 8th February 2009, 21:39
sorry warren and james im keeping engine and box complete as im dropping it into my car

stevenb
Sunday 8th February 2009, 21:41
matt i will pm you send a sae and ill post it to you

Bob France
Sunday 8th February 2009, 23:24
hello stevenb,
what colour is the interior,and is the rear wiper motor working[is it an estate]forgot to ask first!!!!
thanks Bob

Big Pete
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 22:30
StevenB, does it have front foglights? Only my passenger side one is a bit nackered!

PM me if it has with a price to me down in Devon.

stevenb
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 22:34
sorry mate it didnt have front fogs

stevenb
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 22:41
hi bob the interior was once beige but has seen better days so was crushed with the car and the rear wiper knackered as i need one for my car

stevenb
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 22:45
sorry folks had to crush whats left of car so only parts remaining are steering rack and any parts bolted to subframe eg wishbones osf brake caliper struts discs all free all you have to pay is delivery or if you want to drive to the twilight zone of west cumbria you are more than welcome.

Bob France
Tuesday 10th February 2009, 23:35
Is it an estate? ,if so is the rear wiper motor up for grabs?
thanks Bob