PDA

View Full Version : Diverter valve

Pliskin
Saturday 14th May 2005, 13:14
Hi all,

I've got a bit of a problem with turbo boost on my 96 850 t5 auto.

When accelrerating hard, it revs to about 3800 and then there is a temporary momentarily "hanging back" from boosting as hard, until it hits aroung 4000 and then its off again at full charge, until I reach "the permisable speed", limit, run out of road or see the cops.

It's been suggested that the " Diverter Valve" may be the cause and need changing. As someone who has just about mastered tyre changing, any suggestions would be appreciated, particularly as to time, cost etc.

The car has got 87k and the turbo is original.

Kep up the great work.

elliot
Saturday 14th May 2005, 16:18
unlikeley to be the divertor valve to be honest,if it was dodgy you would be getting compressor stall as well,i would start with ignition related problems plugs etc,and vac leaks (most likley)

craig
Sunday 15th May 2005, 23:16
this sounds like the problem i had so , you could be down on turbo boost this is easily rectified and the differance is amazing, you can do it your self all you need is a 12 mm and a 10mm spanner and an hour but to see how just look at bracers thread on WASTE GATE ACTUATOR and also my thread headed :question for bracer:in section :knowledge/how to info , and your car will be singing again
good luck

Pliskin
Monday 16th May 2005, 10:19
Thanks for that.