PDA

View Full Version : Wet Foot Well?

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 5th February 2009, 09:18
was gonna blame the snow but it seems pretty consistant, always got adamp foot well, is this just a blockage in drainage hole somewhere?
also back washer has stoped working, might these too ailments be linked?
is the washer soakin my footwell?

MrMopp
Thursday 5th February 2009, 09:30
Could well be your heater matrix gone , whats your coolant level like ?

LesRED850R
Thursday 5th February 2009, 12:36
was gonna blame the snow but it seems pretty consistant, always got adamp foot well, is this just a blockage in drainage hole somewhere?
Today , the sun and radiant heat was so bad at 10 am i was leaking profusely. Now if i could have your cold probs i would be happy! Its to be 37 celcius on Sat and at work we go home at 35 with full pay so HAPPY DAYS!!! Now , sounds like a rubber 'o' ring kit needs to be put in to yur heater piping through the bulkhead. look at the forum history to find a "HOW TO".

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 5th February 2009, 17:52
The rear washer had gone on mine mate. Its actually a seperate pump located under the front right wing away from the water tank. The pump was working, but the inlet port had broken, so I unlipped one from a spare pump I had off a 940 and fitted it. Works great now. Check the pump first to see if its working and check for leaks, then follow the line from there.

Damp footwell usually points to a knackered heater matrix, as already said, is it using a lot of coolant?. Mine is going, but not completely gone yet, I've got to source a replacement.

Hunter
Thursday 5th February 2009, 20:18

Do you have a sunroof? I've had several experiences over the years of the seal on the sunroof going off and allowing water in - just runs down the A-pillar and into the footwell.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 5th February 2009, 20:54
Do you have a sunroof? I've had several experiences over the years of the seal on the sunroof going off and allowing water in - just runs down the A-pillar and into the footwell.

yeh i do, an i prefer the sound of fixing that than a heater matrix, tho i'll check matrix cos the fan is only working on max, yet heat works on all settings. thanks people's, always helps to get your advice, ....
gotta say the four wheel drive is pretty darn impressive, this snow has made me realize its not all about having a speed machine, found some great fun in the corners at speeds as low as 20 lol

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 5th February 2009, 20:56
Could well be your heater matrix gone , whats your coolant level like ?

yeh just topped her up on coolant other day so i'll keep close eye

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 5th February 2009, 20:59
The rear washer had gone on mine mate. Its actually a seperate pump located under the front right wing away from the water tank. The pump was working, but the inlet port had broken, so I unlipped one from a spare pump I had off a 940 and fitted it. Works great now. Check the pump first to see if its working and check for leaks, then follow the line from there.

Damp footwell usually points to a knackered heater matrix, as already said, is it using a lot of coolant?. Mine is going, but not completely gone yet, I've got to source a replacement.

as always the most in depth an usefull out of the answers, good man bomb, look out for all the t5's stuck that need a tow, te he

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 5th February 2009, 21:17
as always the most in depth an usefull out of the answers, good man bomb, look out for all the t5's stuck that need a tow, te he

Well, I try to. LOL yeah, I've even got a folding shovel in the boot!

woz
Friday 6th February 2009, 13:39
yeh i do, an i prefer the sound of fixing that than a heater matrix, tho i'll check matrix cos the fan is only working on max, yet heat works on all settings. thanks people's, always helps to get your advice, ....

The fan issue is due to the resistor having blown -ts behind the glove box and easy change but read the manual and amke sure yopu get the right one as there are different types NOT interchangeable.

w