PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my V70 last night!

S1RS
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 12:11
HI guys, thought id drop in here to say hello. I always said I'd keep my 855 T5 until it hit 200K. It's had a few problems recently so with it nearing the 200K ive been on the lookout for a replacement. My Ma has an S70 and it feels much more refined than my 850 so ive been searching for a V70 for a while. I found one in High Wycombe so last night me and the g/f made the 200 mile round trip to take a look. It was pretty much just what I was after, a '99 V70 T5, 84K, FSH, Full Black Leather. It drives superb and boy does it fly, I think my 850 must be down power compared to this one. It has a few niggles, passenger wing has had paint but needs a mopping, bit of paint off the rear bumper corner and the coolant light on the dash stays on - coolant level is fine and temp is fine. I assume it's just a sensor that needs replacing?

All in all I'm well pleased with it. I had the budget to spend 8k+ but decided I would rather spend a couple of grand on an older car with sub-100K miles.

princepugh
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 12:38
You gonna put some photies up? :-)

S1RS
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 12:48
You gonna put some photies up? :-)

I will do but I didnt get home until nearly 10pm last night so it was too dark. Ill get some done at the weekend.

Terminator
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 12:59
Coolant level sensor's wires go brittle easily on this model (easy to replace, just done mine).

S1RS
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 13:07
Coolant level sensor's wires go brittle easily on this model (easy to replace, just done mine).

thanks fella, I'll take alook this evening.