PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door removal.

Niles
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 11:06
Anyone done t? If so how?

T5-TEZ
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 13:07
I swapped one of my front doors,you need to undo the check strap and the hinge bolts thats it.They are heavy though.Oh! and undo the wiring harness that the black circular plastic thing just twist to undo iirc.

snoop69
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 13:08
Semtex :mischievo

cookie
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 13:38
http://championhire.com/site-images/plant/1376.jpg

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 14:59
Dont touch hinge bolts, undo the star as you look at hinge and lift door up the way, do it this way and the alignment wont be affected.

I had a faulty window motor in mine, breakers wanted a tenner for motor, it was 20 for complete door in same colour, took literally 5 mins to swap door. It was worth an extra tenner to avoid the hassle of taking door panel off , swapping motors etc !!

T5-TEZ
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 15:45
Didn`t mention the star ones as mine were solid and it was easier to take the hinges off either way it doesn`t take that long.

Major Frank Squiff
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 16:00
If you are going to put the old door back on just undo the torx bolt on the hinge pins. Whatever you do don't take the hinges off. Re-alignment is a right pig because of the weight of the door. If you are going to replace the door with another you will have to put the part of the hinge that fits on the door from your old door ( Take measurements from your old door for the correct positioning of the hinge). Do not remove the hinge from the door frame. I found the door strap hindered movement so as I had the door stripped down I removed that. Be very careful the first time you close it. Do it very slowly to make sure you don't catch the edges and b****r the door. Best of luck!