PDA

View Full Version : Can Vacuum hose be noisey

Ian C70T5
Friday 13th May 2005, 13:13
I ask because i have some PVonline 4mm Vacuum hose which i have tried to fit my gauge with.

When driving i hear a noise of air when idle, when letting off after accelerating it makes a rasberry noise at me. i thought it was leaking os decided to take it off blocked the hose and its still doing it.

Cut the hose further down thinking it was split somewhere and its doing it again..

you can physically compress the pipe with your fingers..

would this be the noise? the hose contracting and expanding?

Al115
Friday 13th May 2005, 13:34
Don't know about the noise, but you'd want to fit your boost gauge with rigid nylon hose, wouldn't you? I used non-reinforced vac hose for mine initially, and the expansion under pressure split it within a few weeks! (can't have been very good hose then)

Alastair

swordy21
Friday 13th May 2005, 13:34
Ian,

Do you have a BSR gauge - there is another thread on here mentioning this noise as well.

My gauge also makes this raspberry noise but at full boost - so I think it may be inherent with the mechanicals, and not the hoses.

My hose is spliced in a couple of places but still I cannot hear any air leak type noises. As to compressing hoses - sorry but dunno. I used the hose supplied with the gauge, and some 4mm silicon hose one more squashy than t'other.

Ian C70T5
Friday 13th May 2005, 13:43
Ian,

Do you have a BSR gauge - there is another thread on here mentioning this noise as well.

My gauge also makes this raspberry noise but at full boost - so I think it may be inherent with the mechanicals, and not the hoses.

My hose is spliced in a couple of places but still I cannot hear any air leak type noises. As to compressing hoses - sorry but dunno. I used the hose supplied with the gauge, and some 4mm silicon hose one more squashy than t'other.

It done it with the BSR Gauge, now i have an autometer one..

Both using none supplied new vacuum hose .

full boost that when mine makes a noise too.. but if i cover the end of the hose with my gauge disconnected when driving it still does it so its not the gauge..

mines straight to the inlet manifold. i really dunno