PDA

View Full Version : Should my lights flash when alarm set???

RobbieH
Monday 2nd February 2009, 22:03
Feel a bit stoopid asking but I've just noticed that when I unlock the car with the remote the indicators flash twice but when I lock it, nowt, zilch, nada, nary a peep. Yet I seem to remember the indicator lights flashing at least once as if to say" yes, I'm locked" when I locked it previously.

Am I just getting old and forgetful, imagining things????:confused:

cameron
Monday 2nd February 2009, 22:10
My old P1 V70 classic flashed twice ( 2 short ones ) when opened and 2 flashes ( 1 longer and one shorter ) when locked. Not sure about P2's though.

Lee

gazbak1
Monday 2nd February 2009, 22:34
p2 cars 2x flash when unlocked 1x long flash locked

gazbak1

thebadger
Monday 2nd February 2009, 22:57
Agree with the above! Is the small red LED on the dash flashing when it's locked.

Also try the utterly sensible approach of trying the doors to see if a motor/servo is out.

The next ploy is pop the boot, unlock the car, leave the boot open & re-lock the car.

Now jump in the boot & prepare for the noise! If it comes..... well I'm out! should have flashed once!

fluff110
Monday 2nd February 2009, 23:57
Could be the bonnet sensor's not behaving - aparently a "firm" closing of the bonnet from a 3-4 inches can sometimes sort it.

Does the right-hand side of the bonnet hold firm when it's closed? Mine lifts ever so slightly (just a couple of mm) because the the catch doesn't lock shut any more - stopped the indicators flashing when locking, but still armed the alarm.

Getting the catch out looks a bit of a PITA - bumper, headlight, intercooler(?) - because there's metal round most of it. I unplugged the connector and shorted it with a piece of wire :D

Paul

zoomungus
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 05:42
my alarm/locking fails to work from the key fob every now and then, then i look like an idiot (not hard for me lol) trying to get it to sync again, i have to lock or unlock with the key then try the key fob till it syncs and the boot sometimes fails to lock.

RobbieH
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 09:28
Cheers guys.

The red light is flashing when I've set the alarm. All the doors and boot are locked (all the little buttons are down and you can hear the lock motors whir when clicking the remote).

I'll have to check the bonnet. Might be a good pointer since having the passenger side front wing freplaced following the earlier crunch from a coach.

Robbie

RHD5SE
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 18:24
Feel a bit stoopid asking but I've just noticed that when I unlock the car with the remote the indicators flash twice but when I lock it, nowt, zilch, nada, nary a peep. Yet I seem to remember the indicator lights flashing at least once as if to say" yes, I'm locked" when I locked it previously.

Am I just getting old and forgetful, imagining things????:confused:

Hi Robbie,

I've had this a few times on my S60.

Lift open the bonnet-at the very front on either side are 2 rubber circular stops (at least thats what I think they are!)

Twist these round to tighten them up.

Then, as said before, slam the bonnet shut from around 3-4 inches.

It works for me!

On another note-really sorry I couldn't make the awesome meet-having big work problem at the mo-blinkin credit crunch not good when you sell electronics! Nice to see you were flying the flag for us D5'ers tho!

Ryan

RobbieH
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 19:40
Hi Robbie,

I've had this a few times on my S60.

Lift open the bonnet-at the very front on either side are 2 rubber circular stops (at least thats what I think they are!)

Twist these round to tighten them up.

Then, as said before, slam the bonnet shut from around 3-4 inches.

It works for me!

On another note-really sorry I couldn't make the awesome meet-having big work problem at the mo-blinkin credit crunch not good when you sell electronics! Nice to see you were flying the flag for us D5'ers tho!

Ryan

Well thank you muchly, fellow oil burner :Handshake
Just been outside, tightened the rubber thingys, and dropped the bonnet from 6 inches just to be sure. Set all the dogs off next door but the indicators now flash once when the remote blipper pressed.

Also relieved to know that my memory is not yet at fault :B_thumb:.