PDA

View Full Version : Damn info computer not working....

Babybadger
Saturday 31st January 2009, 23:18
The other day the battery went flat, it happens, tried the car, the hazards flashed briefly. Then once I had trickled charged the car up to normal, it now has a funny PNP switch (will sort that later) and the info computer doesn't work. Clock still works ok, is there a fuse or relay for this or is it a new board?

Babybadger
Friday 6th February 2009, 10:57
The other day the battery went flat, it happens, tried the car, the hazards flashed briefly. Then once I had trickled charged the car up to normal, it now has a funny PNP switch (will sort that later) and the info computer doesn't work. Clock still works ok, is there a fuse or relay for this or is it a new board?

?? Any ideas people?

jez.w
Friday 6th February 2009, 11:54
I have had some strange problems on a non volvo car. The alarm and immobiliser not working properly, central locking not working on all doors, indicators would stay on (not flashing) after being cancelled, clock would reset...... etc etc. I had a dodgy battery which would only just start the car if left over night. I replaced the battery and everthing was ok again.

dant5
Saturday 7th February 2009, 09:45

if you do need a net set of dash clocks with the display i have some sitting in my shed.

Babybadger
Sunday 8th February 2009, 00:47
if you do need a net set of dash clocks with the display i have some sitting in my shed.

I think it is just the computer part that plugs in at the bottom, not sure if it will fit as mine is lhd in km/h.

thebadger
Sunday 8th February 2009, 01:08
I'd blame the battery!

Had this with an old car of mine, head unit would reset too! When the clock started resetting I knew there was something not right!

Look at either boosting the battery & trying it out, if it works, then you know the score!

dant5
Sunday 8th February 2009, 10:16
I think it is just the computer part that plugs in at the bottom, not sure if it will fit as mine is lhd in km/h.

im not sure if they will fit yours eaither being a lhd.

hopefully it is just the battery