PDA

View Full Version : snow scoop!

zoomungus
Thursday 29th January 2009, 21:09
snow scoop, no im not talking about your coke habit lol, cookie bless im made a sharp observation at the meet in so much a telling me that i should remove the snow scoop if i want the the cold air intakes to work, scoop is now removed!

zoomungus
Friday 30th January 2009, 16:18
and now its going to snow lol

PaulZX
Friday 30th January 2009, 19:33
snow scoop? feed my dull intellect, and explain this to me, please....

Where are they?

Wombatbomb
Friday 30th January 2009, 19:43
snow scoop? feed my dull intellect, and explain this to me, please....

Where are they?

Lift your bonnet and look at the end of the air intake pipe. If there is a big plastic right-angle thing fixed to the end of it, then you still have the snow guard fitted, it's held by a single torx screw. Basically, it means there is a 90 degree angle right at the front of the intake pipe which isn't good for airflow.

Stage 1, remove the torx screw and throw the snowguard away.

Stage 2, involves taking a dremel to the piece of plastic that the snowguard was attached to.

zoomungus
Friday 30th January 2009, 20:04
Lift your bonnet and look at the end of the air intake pipe. If there is a big plastic right-angle thing fixed to the end of it, then you still have the snow guard fitted, it's held by a single torx screw. Basically, it means there is a 90 degree angle right at the front of the intake pipe which isn't good for airflow.

Stage 1, remove the torx screw and throw the snowguard away.

Stage 2, involves taking a dremel to the piece of plastic that the snowguard was attached to.

spot on wombat!

Babybadger
Saturday 31st January 2009, 01:40
I thought you meant 'r' type spoiler and splitter.....

zoomungus
Saturday 31st January 2009, 06:53
I thought you meant 'r' type spoiler and splitter.....

no no, it would be put in on!