PDA

View Full Version : bkake discs.

dant5
Thursday 29th January 2009, 18:20
do you think that these would be better than solid standard 302mm discs?

ebay Item number: 120368247231

S70T5Chris
Thursday 29th January 2009, 18:26
Probably not. I changed to drilled and grooved 302mm discs, no difference in performance. If your sticking with the standard volvo setup, i'd say stick with genuine volvo discs and pads everytime.

irf
Thursday 29th January 2009, 18:27
absolutely not! the volvo ones are pretty good, they just need decent pads.

S70T5Chris
Thursday 29th January 2009, 18:28
Also I found the noise that the drilled discs created out weighed the fact that they looked nice! Hence why I went back to standard discs.

Tim Williams
Friday 30th January 2009, 00:44
If used hard drilled standard disks will always crack.

PaulZX
Friday 30th January 2009, 00:48
I just got some of the 280mm versions of those, with mintex pads, and they're very good... not even bedded in properly yet, and I gave a mate a wedgie when some muppet in a corsa jumped a red right in front of us, and I stood on the brakes...

Amusing.... but yeh, not bad discs there, worth it for the money, I'd say...

dant5
Saturday 31st January 2009, 08:28
If used hard drilled standard disks will always crack.

the car wont be driven to hard as it wont be used on track days.
and as for the road i usually have the kids in the car so wont really be racing and using them to hard either.

dant5
Saturday 31st January 2009, 08:30
I just got some of the 280mm versions of those, with mintex pads, and they're very good... not even bedded in properly yet, and I gave a mate a wedgie when some muppet in a corsa jumped a red right in front of us, and I stood on the brakes...

Amusing.... but yeh, not bad discs there, worth it for the money, I'd say...

not bad discs for the money, thats what i thought. they are almost the same price as standard discs.

dant5
Saturday 31st January 2009, 08:32
Also I found the noise that the drilled discs created out weighed the fact that they looked nice! Hence why I went back to standard discs.

not really fussed about the noise. just want them to stop quickly and look better than the standard discs behind the 17"s.