PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Rica on new s40 2.4

BobPowers
Thursday 12th May 2005, 23:14
Hi

Noticed on volvo tuning site that they are offering the 140 to 180 bhp upgrade on the new s40 again. Can anyone tell me what the problem was with it, so that they stopped offering it for a while? Is it all sorted and safe now? and of course how much does it cost?

Hope someone knows what is going on with it.

Bob

BobPowers
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 19:09
Why the silence on this issue? I know Adam views these forums, surely he must know what is going on with this?
BobPowers

After_Shock
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:42
Adam does view but not all the time, best way to get an answer is to PM adam himself so when he signs in he will see your question, either that or phone them up.

BobPowers
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:52
Thanks mate, I will try pm thing. I am living abroad at the moment, so can't be bothered to call. Thanks for your reply.

Goof
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 20:54
or try posting a question from their website?
They're normally very quick at responding.

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 21:53
Just read this...

There are no any issues (and never were) with the upgraded software. The problem was actually squirting the upgraded software into the car. That's now been resolved, hence why it's available again.

Adam.

BobPowers
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:27
Thanks for replying adam. Are you saying I can be 100% at ease with performing the upgrade?
Would you be kind enough to pm me a price?

Thanks again
Andrew

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:47
Thanks for replying adam. Are you saying I can be 100% at ease with performing the upgrade?
Would you be kind enough to pm me a price?

Thanks again
Andrew

Andrew,

Yes you can be 100% at ease. The problem was simply a technical issue of uploading the modified software to the car. That has been resolved, so the upgrade is 100% reliable.

Adam.

BobPowers
Tuesday 17th May 2005, 22:52
Thanks for the fast reply Adam. Where can this upgrade be performed? Is it only at your premises? or do you have some dealers around the country offering the service?

I noticed that BSR offer an upgrade using a flashing module. Could you briefly give your opinion as to why your upgrade is superior?

Thanks for the info....

Bob

glock19
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 00:34
I heard the P-11 S40s have really complicated softwares. One minor glitch could cause the car to stall dead in it's tracks. Anyway, I'm not expert, so don't be overly alarmed ... :D

Bobpowers,
I'm also living abroad and believe me, when you're really keen on getting an upgrade, calling Adam/Hamish personally will be in the loop.....

volvotuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 09:06
Thanks for the fast reply Adam. Where can this upgrade be performed? Is it only at your premises? or do you have some dealers around the country offering the service?

I noticed that BSR offer an upgrade using a flashing module. Could you briefly give your opinion as to why your upgrade is superior?

Thanks for the info....

Bob

BSR don't have this available for your car. We sell BSR too.

Adam.