PDA

View Full Version : Haynes manual; is door lock replacement covered?

DRDN
Thursday 29th January 2009, 00:17
I probably need to replace my drivers door lock, and wondered if the Haynes manual covered this, if so I will probably buy it.
I have read the post by Richiemat, on lock replacement and this is really helpful, but I find pictures/photos helpful [always worried I won't be able to put it together again!]

thebadger
Thursday 29th January 2009, 23:29
Yeah, it does, with full pics... section 11 part 6-7.

This also covers handle removal as well as door lock/cylinder removal.

It all looks rather fiddily tho! I would advise a good warm day & lots of time with light!

For lock removal it asks you to take out the window. I'd get my credit card out!

Best of luck in whatever choice you make!

DRDN
Thursday 29th January 2009, 23:51
Thanks Thebadger, sounds like Haynes manual worth getting then.
I know it will be freezing and then rain when I do the job, it did when I had to change the window regulator and motor on the wifes focus recently!
Dave.

thebadger
Friday 30th January 2009, 00:12
Oh well, if you're up for it! I reccomend one of thoes suction cup ding removers.... attach it to the glass before you get started, soooo much less of a chance on a accident happening!

I think it asks you to drill out a rivet & remove the window guide rail (it covers the door catch/lock) so a pop riviter may be needed.

HTH.

Badger.

DRDN
Friday 30th January 2009, 00:42
I know what you mean about the glass, I almost dropped the window glass when I removed the regulator when working on the focus, that would have wasted any saving I made by doing the job myself.
I have a pop rivetor somewhere in the garage, but its under about a ton of spares and tools, so quicker to buy a new one.